NFL kneelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they pay money for advertisement and you think that's the same?

Same as -- what?

Same as players kneeling during the Anthem.

No, not in any way the same thing. That makes no sense.

Then what were you comparing our military advertising on NFL games to? That makes no sense to me.

It's directly answering your (valid) point that, "if you have issues take them up (in the proper channels) --- not with the audience of a football game". If you believe that, and you should, then take the Pentagon Pimps to task for injecting that shit into a sporting event in the first place. Had they not injected that, we would have no thread here because there would be nothing but football going on. Which is how it should be.

So I think you've got a valid position. Now apply it with consistency.

From where do you get the idea that the players are protesting because of military ads in football games?

If they're not protesting the Anthem, then why do they wait until the National Anthem is played before they kneel?
To draw attention to their protest.

What’s your thoughts on good, positive contributing, law abiding folks staging an annual protest against criminality and welfare dependency on Martin Luther King Day each and every year?

Billo_Really where’d you go?
Did I lose you with the simple logic?
I’ve noticed all LefTards pretend they haven’t been exposed to the question. Watch this, I’ll try again and no Tard will touch it with a ten foot pole....here goes.
“What’s your thoughts on good, positive contributing, law abiding folks staging an annual protest against criminality and welfare dependency on Martin Luther King Day each and every year?”

public protest is effective, when the public is watching.

it's also a protected right

so the d*ckhead in office is butthurt over it

that was the point, and he bought right into it

sZf0V2pW.jpg

~S~

Actually, in this case it's not a protected right. The NFL is well within its rights as an organization to sideline or fire players who do it, just as Facebook and YouTube are within their rights to ban content. The First Amendment only prevents the government from making speech illegal.

Kinda crazy how we spent an entire season off when not one NFL player had a protest or an event. Now that the season is starting they get involved. If you can’t actually spend your own off time protesting it’s not even serious to them. It’s a worthless protest. You can’t be so emotionally investing in something you won’t do on your own time.
To me it seems like kneeling is more respectful than standing. Standing is something you do naturally but kneeling is something you must do deliberately.

Standing for our national anthem is the tradition, the standard operating procedure for Patriotic Americans. Of course if someone want to denounce our country, they can kneel or squat and defecate on the flag, and if the NFL is cool with that, that is their right as a private outfit.

however, the people including President Trump, have a constitutional 1st Amendment right to call them out for this disrespect to our veterans

Yet another rhetoric-fascist, declaring he knows better what people think better than the people themselves do. What fucking arrogance.

Full of yourself much boy?

Kinda crazy how we spent an entire season off when not one NFL player had a protest or an event. Now that the season is starting they get involved. If you can’t actually spend your own off time protesting it’s not even serious to them. It’s a worthless protest. You can’t be so emotionally investing in something you won’t do on your own time.
Actually, many NFL players put action behind their protest during the off season -- now you may not have heard about it because they didn't do it in a way to draw attention --also, because the liberal media didn't want to report on it, because of how liberal the media is and all..

But here is one example of why your post is a bunch of BS:

"After the anthem, and off the field, Jenkins’ push for social justice and racial equality continued. Along with four other NFL players, he traveled to Washington, D.C., for a meeting with lawmakers to discuss criminal justice reform."

When Malcolm Jenkins went on a ride along with Philly police he said: "There was a lot I wanted to accomplish by doing it. First, I wanted to kind of learn for myself before I went on advocating and making a lot of noise. I wanted to learn for myself, kind of both ends of the spectrum. What is it that officers are going through? What are their challenges? Their perspective on the issue. Or even if they believed that there was an issue. And then also being able to hear the voices of members of the community that have to deal with police interactions all the time. The third thing I wanted to do is document the conversations that came out of it, between myself and law enforcement."

Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins talks about his ride-along with Philly Police Department

So no, NFL players are not just protesting during the anthem and nothing else off the field, you wouldn't know or care because you don't see a problem to begin with --- but you same people are willing to declare the entire FBI and DOJ as being corrupt and I don't recall one single Trump official being shot unarmed.

Ok, one example, but Jenkins destroyed all the good he did by kneeling at the first preseason game. Yes, the DOJ and FBI are corrupt, much of the corruption happened under Obama, you tell me, did he condone it or try to stop it?

Yes, no Trump has been shot unarmed------------yet.
This is why there is no reason in talking to a Trump supporter

I just showed you an example of a NFL player doing something beyond anthem protests, and you still find a way to say "yea, but..."

Then in the very same comment, despite a Trump official never being shot while unarmed, never being beaten into a confession while in custody -- you still claim that its the DOJ that is corrupt and how black NFL players should be quiet

I think they should protest if they feel motivated to do so. But not during a football game and to disgrace the national anthem, the flag, the military, and everyone who died protecting their right to protest.

These people died protecting the entire Constitution...EVERYTHING in it. And in the Constitution is the Right to Free Speech and Expression.

Now...are these players exercising their right to free speech and freedom of expression?

Yes or No?

No. The NFL can legally shut them down at any time because they are doing it on their employer's time, at his forbearance. They cannot be arrested. That is the difference.

To me it seems like kneeling is more respectful than standing. Standing is something you do naturally but kneeling is something you must do deliberately.

Standing for our national anthem is the tradition, the standard operating procedure for Patriotic Americans. Of course if someone want to denounce our country, they can kneel or squat and defecate on the flag, and if the NFL is cool with that, that is their right as a private outfit.

however, the people including President Trump, have a constitutional 1st Amendment right to call them out for this disrespect to our veterans

Yet another rhetoric-fascist, declaring he knows better what people think better than the people themselves do. What fucking arrogance.

Full of yourself much boy?

The President has his own opinions, and he expresses them.

What's wrong with that?

Just because Donald J. Trump was anointed as our President doesn't make him a 2nd Class Citizen.

Notice you cut Ray's quote where he accurately said dirty cops are held accountable. Koons went to prison
You're right. Koons did do 30 months after the federal trial. The Simi Valley trial acquitted him.

Out of 11 cops that were present during the beating, only 2 went to jail.

That's why they kneel.

They're kneeling over something that happened over 25 years ago? Most of them were probably not even born yet.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Wow, the Pentagon and the NFL started the kneeling?

You just get dumber and more Democrat partisan every day

They certainly started the anthem. But nice try once AGAIN trying to morph somebody else's statement from what it is into what you wish it had been. Verbal history-revisionism. Again, rhetorical fascism and again, fumble.

It's hilarious how you think the Pentagon started the kneeling bringing politics into sport.

Have you ever had an IQ test to see if you have one?

Upon further review I am forced to amend. I should have added the adjective "desperate" to "Verbal history-revisionism".

NFL players: kneel

Non-leftists: Object

Pogo: Oh ... my ... God, non-leftists started this!!!!

You mentioned your hillbilly logic already

Feel free to show the class where the NFL players union, or any player or players, ever started insisting, "Look, I'm not gonna participate in this game unless we can first have a meaningless fake-patriotism charade on the field where we have a captive audience".

And when you've got that, show the class where those players then demanded "we're not happy being in the locker room when this fake patriotism charade goes on --- make us all trot out and stand there like marionettes!".

Happy huntin' Dumbass.

Interesting. Pogo's getting really defensive and insecure. He needs to be speaking for a crowd of people to prop up his ego because he doesn't have the gonads to speak for himself.

As for your question, people who don't work in fake news like you do where you write political OP-EDs on the front page of the paper, have to follow their employer's requirements whether they like them or not. Or they need to find another job.

Didn't know that, huh hillbilly?

Another fun fact. Outside fake news, almost no one is allowed by their employer to stage political protests at work and for the same reason the NFL shouldn't allow it. All it does is piss off customers.

See how that works? No, huh?
Interesting how Kaz has described his hero, Trump. Needs to be speaking for a crowd to prop us his ego.

A really fun fact is this: It is up to the employer to allow things to go on. Not you. Not your fat assed orange buddy.

You & Trump do not get to decide what is being protested.
The only customers the NFL is pissing off are ignorant people who were duped by Trump. You should be having a fit about Trump as he actually did dishonor the military.

What Rump is doing with "fire the sumbitches" is not some official Presidential act or related to the Constitution. It's simply inciting a riot, using the visibility of his position to do so.

It's more of the same shit he laid down with "beat the crap out of 'em, I'll pay your legal fees, they'd be carried out on a stretcher". It's the same turd he plopped with "we should have a revolution in this country" ("we" of course meaning "you, leave me out of it"). It's the same pile of steaming dung he left on the street with suggesting his sheep should shoot Hillary Clinton. It's the same fetid waste product he dumped about suggesting "riots" if he didn't win. Always the same theme, a troll inciting somebody else to do his heavy lifting while he stands on the side going "who, me?" because, as with everything else, he's a social parasite who's never taken an iota of responsibility for anything in his worthless life.

It's not that he's "passing a law" or an EO and it's not that he's directly violating the Constitution. It's a case of Trollling Writ Large, inciting other people to division and contention and eventually violence, while he slips into the shadow until the carnage subsides at which point he pins his medals on his sheep with "very fine people" awards. This is not acting in some official or Presidential role, at which he's got little experience --- it's simply acting in a Scumbag role, in which he's got a lifetime's worth.

This is just more manifestation of the Narcissist who can never acqure "enough" attention, flexing that sickness into manipulating other people to do things they normally wouldn't. Like beat each other up at a rally, like beat a homeless man because he looks Latino, like start whining on message boards about "kneelers". It's all to feed the insatiable Giant Orange Ego.

SEE the manipulation.

I've Thought That Kneeling As Protest Is Kinda Funny

They Often Bow Their Heads Too...

And yet they have no idea why they are doing either. That's funnier yet.

It cannot be any clearer. It says "I ain't your puppet".

Obedient robots have a hard time getting that.

Puppet of who?

When they protest, what they are saying is "I'm an ignorant jock. I have no conception about or laws or situations in that regard. I'm completely ignorant of what I'm protesting."

That's what I think every time I hear about these kneelings.

That may be what you think, or more likely claim to think, but it's clear the act means "I came here to play the game, not to be a marionette for your Pentagon Pimp and this blustering divisive demagogue". That's why you see a variety of reactions from sitting to kneeling to raised fists to locking arms to staying in, or going back to, the locker room. Those are all different acts but what they all have in common is they're not standing like a shill.

As I said this ain't rocket surgery; it's stating the obvious. It's the same thing I've done all my life at baseball games, yet nobody ever stuck a mic in my face and demanded to know why I wasn't being a good robot, although I would have been happy to explain.

Now you can choose to get all butthurt that there exist people who won't just roll over on command and prefer to come to our own decisions about our own behaviour rather than just slavishly following what some purported authority figure dictates but hey, that's on you.

So the question here is not "why aren't these people being good submissive robots?" but rather "why would you expect them to be?".

They're at their job, expected to perform. Their employer would be well within his rights to summarily fire the players for protesting while he is paying them. The team owner could very well simply write a policy and fire protestors for violating it. It's not a first amendment issue, any more than Facebook and YouTube banning members is.

Trump stating his view is not government. Passing laws or prosecuting people is government. That isn't happening. What the hell is wrong with you?

Give me an example of when you ever held Obama or Hillary to that standard, that stating their view "is government." You're so full of shit it's seeping out of your ears

Every tweet Trump makes is an official statement from the US government

Err, interesting claim. and so what? We have an official statement about what the president thinks about an issue?

Who gives a fuck? If I were a NFL player, as long as the League was letting me do my thing, I could give a shit what the President says.

It is not a claim, it is a fact.

The DOJ stated that Trump's tweets are "official statements of the President of the United States,”

The Press Sec of the POTUS said ""The President is the President of the United States, so they're considered official statements by the President of the United States,"

Who gives a fuck? If I were a NFL player, as long as the League was letting me do my thing, I could give a shit what the President says.

And it seems they are.

My point is that it is not the place of the President to be butting into such matters, to be taking sides on such things.

They certainly started the anthem. But nice try once AGAIN trying to morph somebody else's statement from what it is into what you wish it had been. Verbal history-revisionism. Again, rhetorical fascism and again, fumble.

Upon further review I am forced to amend. I should have added the adjective "desperate" to "Verbal history-revisionism".

NFL players: kneel

Non-leftists: Object

Pogo: Oh ... my ... God, non-leftists started this!!!!

You mentioned your hillbilly logic already

Feel free to show the class where the NFL players union, or any player or players, ever started insisting, "Look, I'm not gonna participate in this game unless we can first have a meaningless fake-patriotism charade on the field where we have a captive audience".

And when you've got that, show the class where those players then demanded "we're not happy being in the locker room when this fake patriotism charade goes on --- make us all trot out and stand there like marionettes!".

Happy huntin' Dumbass.

Interesting. Pogo's getting really defensive and insecure. He needs to be speaking for a crowd of people to prop up his ego because he doesn't have the gonads to speak for himself.

As for your question, people who don't work in fake news like you do where you write political OP-EDs on the front page of the paper, have to follow their employer's requirements whether they like them or not. Or they need to find another job.

Didn't know that, huh hillbilly?

Another fun fact. Outside fake news, almost no one is allowed by their employer to stage political protests at work and for the same reason the NFL shouldn't allow it. All it does is piss off customers.

See how that works? No, huh?
Interesting how Kaz has described his hero, Trump. Needs to be speaking for a crowd to prop us his ego.

A really fun fact is this: It is up to the employer to allow things to go on. Not you. Not your fat assed orange buddy.

You & Trump do not get to decide what is being protested.
The only customers the NFL is pissing off are ignorant people who were duped by Trump. You should be having a fit about Trump as he actually did dishonor the military.

What Rump is doing with "fire the sumbitches" is not some official Presidential act or related to the Constitution. It's simply inciting a riot, using the visibility of his position to do so.

It's more of the same shit he laid down with "beat the crap out of 'em, I'll pay your legal fees, they'd be carried out on a stretcher". It's the same turd he plopped with "we should have a revolution in this country" ("we" of course meaning "you, leave me out of it"). It's the same pile of steaming dung he left on the street with suggesting his sheep should shoot Hillary Clinton. It's the same fetid waste product he dumped about suggesting "riots" if he didn't win. Always the same theme, a troll inciting somebody else to do his heavy lifting while he stands on the side going "who, me?" because, as with everything else, he's a social parasite who's never taken an iota of responsibility for anything in his worthless life.

It's not that he's "passing a law" or an EO and it's not that he's directly violating the Constitution. It's a case of Trollling Writ Large, inciting other people to division and contention and eventually violence, while he slips into the shadow until the carnage subsides at which point he pins his medals on his sheep with "very fine people" awards. This is not acting in some official or Presidential role, at which he's got little experience --- it's simply acting in a Scumbag role, in which he's got a lifetime's worth.

This is just more manifestation of the Narcissist who can never acqure "enough" attention, flexing that sickness into manipulating other people to do things they normally wouldn't. Like beat each other up at a rally, like beat a homeless man because he looks Latino, like start whining on message boards about "kneelers". It's all to feed the insatiable Giant Orange Ego.

SEE the manipulation.

who is Trump "inciting to riot"? I haven't seen any conservative riots yet

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Think that might be because what they're doing is not "protesting" but resisting?

Lemme guess --- I lost you at the word "think"....

How are they resisting anything? Rosa Parks resisted by refusing to obey an unjust law. The people doing sit ins at lunch counters were resisting unjust laws. These guys are resisting nothing.

Looks like you just hit the nail right on the head. Thanks for the analogy.

Of course it's about the anthem. That's why they pick that moment to stage a political protest while at work
They're not protesting the anthem, they are protesting police brutality.

Fuck you assholes who are trying to change the narrative! And fuck your racist views!

If they are protesting police brutality, then why don't they go to a police station and protest?

The flag and the Anthem are what represents our country, so the protest is against our country and it's people.

Notice you cut Ray's quote where he accurately said dirty cops are held accountable. Koons went to prison
You're right. Koons did do 30 months after the federal trial. The Simi Valley trial acquitted him.

Out of 11 cops that were present during the beating, only 2 went to jail.

That's why they kneel.
So the guilty cops were punished. Therefore, there is nothing to "protest". When are the thugs.....uh athletes going to "protest" the shooting gallery in Chicago of blacks shooting blacks?

Football fans aren't the government, so they don't need subject to abuse.

They can't satisfy the demands of these crybaby billionaires, even if they want to.

But isn't it interesting that America is the only country which has this kind of abuse of its anthem? When the NFL played in England last year, the players didn't even take a knee for the UK's anthem- even though England burned the freaking White House.
It's not about the anthem. It's about police brutality.

Of course it's about the anthem. That's why they pick that moment to stage a political protest while at work
And cameras. They need cameras. Why aren't they being anonymous and donating time and money to their shithole neighborhoods run by Democrats?

Are you kidding? They can get killed over there. They are safe in a stadium with armed police offices.

Football fans aren't the government, so they don't need subject to abuse.

They can't satisfy the demands of these crybaby billionaires, even if they want to.

But isn't it interesting that America is the only country which has this kind of abuse of its anthem? When the NFL played in England last year, the players didn't even take a knee for the UK's anthem- even though England burned the freaking White House.
It's not about the anthem. It's about police brutality.

And cameras. They need cameras. Why aren't they being anonymous and donating time and money to their shithole neighborhoods run by Democrats?

Are you kidding? They can get killed over there. They are safe in a stadium with armed police offices.
Yep. Even David Hogg has armed security with him while he 'protests" guns. Hypocrites.

Still...not a single LefTard with the balls to refute or acknowledge my point. Let’s try again.
“What’s your thoughts on good, positive contributing, law abiding folks staging an annual protest against criminality and welfare dependency on Martin Luther King Day each and every year?”

They're not protesting the anthem, they are protesting police brutality.

Fuck you assholes who are trying to change the narrative! And fuck your racist views!

And Bimbo goes down hard! He admits he's getting his ass handed by going to ... you're a racist! The ender of any discussion. Where leftists go when they know they're losing and have to make their escape.

I accept your concession that you have nothing. And no one is talking about race except you, dick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back