NFL National Anthem Controversy Summed Up

I wonder what folks like mac were saying during the rodney king crap

romes burning romes burning!!

30 years or so later, ohhh look, nothin happened

The OP wants everyone in some sort of middle where you can't tell one party from the other.I thought that in and of itself was one of the condemnations of the Washington establishment.
Crap, I am going to have to agree with you.
The first line of my sig, illustrated beautifully, again..
Mac, you have fallen off the wagon, how does me, a conservative, agreeing with a rabid liberal prove you point? It actually proves otherwise.
Can you not see the first line in my sig? I can't explain it to you any better than that.

I think what Mac is doing with his OP is addressing the disease itself and not the symptoms. Treating the symptoms without identifying the disease is like putting salve and a band aid on gangrene.
Yup. What concerns me a bit here is how many people are perfectly happy with the way things are going. That tells me that they've completely bought into their "side's" dogma and are willing to push this towards some conclusion - presumably the permanent "victory" of their "side". Somehow.

I guess something like that is possible, but I think it's more likely it isn't, and that what remains won't be pretty.
By all means, provide us with the information on what white America has to do to make the problems for black Americans go away? Move back to Europe?
Nothing can be done. Beat the other side, that's your only option.
You are the one being all high and mighty. I don't have a solution nor control over the situation. What in the hell do those highly paid athletes, playing a game expect white America to do that has not already been done.

So get you magic 8 ball out and tell us what you want done by white America.
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks this way. We're just not as angry and loud as you folks are.

What worries me is that you have to ask someone else what to do here. Since I already know that my answer - communicate, listen, understand, cooperate - is not your cup of tea, I don't have any other ideas for you.
You really think that communicate, listen and understand, cooperate is the answer. Really? You really think that because some cop shot some man who happened to be black that condemns all of America. Really, that is what you obviously believe. Wow, just wow.

What do you think that the black community needs to communicate that they are not? Why do you think that the black community isn't listening? What is it that you think that the black community doesn't understand? Why do you think that the black community doesn't cooperate?

I think what Mac is doing with his OP is addressing the disease itself and not the symptoms. Treating the symptoms without identifying the disease is like putting salve and a band aid on gangrene.
Yup. What concerns me a bit here is how many people are perfectly happy with the way things are going. That tells me that they've completely bought into their "side's" dogma and are willing to push this towards some conclusion - presumably the permanent "victory" of their "side". Somehow.

I guess something like that is possible, but I think it's more likely it isn't, and that what remains won't be pretty.
By all means, provide us with the information on what white America has to do to make the problems for black Americans go away? Move back to Europe?
You are the one being all high and mighty. I don't have a solution nor control over the situation. What in the hell do those highly paid athletes, playing a game expect white America to do that has not already been done.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks this way. We're just not as angry and loud as you folks are.

What worries me is that you have to ask someone else what to do here. Since I already know that my answer - communicate, listen, understand, cooperate - is not your cup of tea, I don't have any other ideas for you.
Initially I was appalled at this story concerning the NFL ( and said so) but after seeing that poll last night and thinking about the house divided analogy and then reading your thread this morning, Mac, I can clearly see that the right course of action is not to play the game because there are no winners and it is only drawing us nearer to our own destruction. I appreciate your insightful thread, Mac. Thank you.

I wonder what folks like mac were saying during the rodney king crap

romes burning romes burning!!

30 years or so later, ohhh look, nothin happened
I bet he was saying Reginald Denny didn't understand.

You really think that communicate, listen and understand, cooperate is the answer. Really? You really think that because some cop shot some man who happened to be black that condemns all of America. Really, that is what you obviously believe. Wow, just wow.

What do you think that the black community needs to communicate that they are not? Why do you think that the black community isn't listening? What is it that you think that the black community doesn't understand? Why do you think that the black community doesn't cooperate?
Okay, then please see post 45.

Initially I was appalled at this story concerning the NFL ( and said so) but after seeing that poll last night and thinking about the house divided analogy and then reading your thread this morning, Mac, I can clearly see that the right course of action is not to play the game because there are no winners and it is only drawing us nearer to our own destruction. I appreciate your insightful thread, Mac. Thank you.
Much appreciated. A few here don't agree with you, that's for sure.

:laugh:

How much money is it going to cost white America to be down with the "cause?"

Much appreciated. A few here don't agree with you, that's for sure.

:laugh:
And you obsessively point to each disagreement and try to sweep it under the rug.

Its cuz you cant handle disagreement.

Hence the thread.

Its your underlying issue, you see disagreement as rome burning and arent really able to use math and statistics to maintain an accurate perspective.

This is all measurable.

I don't want to take away from the furious outrage that has once again gripped the country (this time over some guys in shoulder pads making a "statement"), but I'd just like to point out that this it's just another symptom of a much larger problem.

This country is fractured, it's in pieces, and it's a self-inflicted wound.

We can blame the "other guys" all we want, but our words and actions are our own. NO ONE is making us behave this way.

Those who want to see us divided are winning, big, and we're just being willing, obedient sheep in the whole thing.

We've become so controlled and paralyzed by our egos and our dogma and our rage that we've completely lost each other. And worse, we're willing participants. I wonder if we'll wake up before it's too late.

It's a symptom alright. A symptom of institutional racism. The same people who have outrage over a silent protest at a ball game are the very same people who have outrage over the idea that black lives matter.
No one is angry that anyone disrespected the flag, that's just the cover story. They're really angry that black men have the audacity to disrupt their entertainment.
An example of my point.

^An example of mine.

The players aren't dividing anyone. The media isn't dividing anyone. The NFL isn't dividing anyone. Those throwing the tantrum are the divisive ones. The most divisive of all is also the one with the most influence. Our president.

I don't want to take away from the furious outrage that has once again gripped the country (this time over some guys in shoulder pads making a "statement"), but I'd just like to point out that this it's just another symptom of a much larger problem.

You yourself are divisive. The way you clearly attempt to minimize the actions of the player-protesters as something not serious or otherwise frivilous by putting it in quotes is taking the position I outlined in my first post. The black guy is the problem. The black guy is divisive with their petty nonsense. No. It's your reaction and not the action that is divisive.

No it isn't, you are being a divisive moron. I ask again, not platitudes, what in the hell do you want white America to do about some cop who shoots a black man? WTF does it have to do with respect for the country, the flag, those who actually did serve? What? A white man was unarmed and shot by a police officer just the other day, which happens more then blacks being shot, when is the riot, when does the 5 finger discount begin?

You manage investments, how much money are you going to direct to businesses in the black community? Come on mac, make a real difference.

This country is fractured, it's in pieces, and it's a self-inflicted wound.

We can blame the "other guys" all we want, but our words and actions are our own. NO ONE is making us behave this way.

Those who want to see us divided are winning, big, and we're just being willing, obedient sheep in the whole thing.

We've become so controlled and paralyzed by our egos and our dogma and our rage that we've completely lost each other. And worse, we're willing participants. I wonder if we'll wake up before it's too late.

It's a symptom alright. A symptom of institutional racism. The same people who have outrage over a silent protest at a ball game are the very same people who have outrage over the idea that black lives matter.
No one is angry that anyone disrespected the flag, that's just the cover story. They're really angry that black men have the audacity to disrupt their entertainment.
An example of my point.

^An example of mine.

The players aren't dividing anyone. The media isn't dividing anyone. The NFL isn't dividing anyone. Those throwing the tantrum are the divisive ones. The most divisive of all is also the one with the most influence. Our president.

You yourself are divisive. The way you clearly attempt to minimize the actions of the player-protesters as something not serious or otherwise frivilous by putting it in quotes is taking the position I outlined in my first post. The black guy is the problem. The black guy is divisive with their petty nonsense. No. It's your reaction and not the action that is divisive.
OK, let's say the show of disrespect by the NFL is all white America's fault. Exactly what would you have white America do? Let me guess, shut up.

You know this country has turned a corner when a person who advocates for communication, listening, and cooperation is called divisive.
It is because those are BS feel good answers with no substance.

The OP wants everyone in some sort of middle where you can't tell one party from the other.
Then he has exactly what you claim he wants already; Democrats, Republicans.... two wings of the same organized crime family the only distinguishing feature between the two is the useful idiot pool they choose to pander and lie to.

However that doesn't appear to be what he wants, what it appears he's hoping for is for the sheeple to overcome their FUD and wake those centers of objectivity, reason and critical thinking that lie deeply slumbering between their ears and stop doing the partisan miscreants dirty work for 'em.

"Fear is the mind-killer, Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration." -- Bene Gesserit Litany, Dune

I like the way shits going.

Racial tension's always been here, its nothing new.

Police forces, if you have your ear to it....are addressing their tactics. Installing body cameras, prosecuting via internal affairs more than ever.

There's no racial "rules" to where you can live or what businesses you can patron.

We 're still allowed to be as disrespectful to our NON Royal Politicians... with no legal recourse, as ever.

Violent Crime rates are on the average, to below average scale for all of the 2000s.

We are still electing both "sides" to office on a fluctuating scale.

The internet has made a diversity of opinions way more widespread, and easier to find.

Youtube's given more a voice, and at least a place to vent.

Science, and the futurists working in the field, are doing AMAZING things which will shape the world in a COMPLETELY different way, if you at all keep up with the modern advances. Specifically, computers and the brain sciences are merging.

This is literally the best time probably ever to live in America.
What you posted is exactly what needs communicated and actually might make a difference. I think that is what most find so frustrating. Everything that has been done, everything that has been accomplished, and everything we have to look forward to isn't apparently good enough. They want more.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
Kaepernick's protest was proven effective by, at least in part, causing Police forces across America to take a look at themselves.

This happened almost universally ~ which is a great thing.

Its not perfect, and so the continued effort to protest exists. Perhaps would have even gone quiet if there wasn't an emotionally driven President.

Then, the President said what he said which.....was dumb, seems to most because many of his supporters were able to buck up and speak out against it.

Then, the new kneeling was a unity against his dumbass comments.

This will be forgotten in 3 weeks, and mac will find something else. Its a lack of perspective.

24/7 media + 320million folks = sensationalized, overhyped dramatics.

And then, it blows by once again. Bandwidth wasted. Table talk, then forget. Table talk, then forget. Rinse, repeat.

North Korea has been on the cover of the news for wrecklessly "launching missiles" for as long as Ive been alive, too.

Iran and their nuke program has been in the news since I was a baby as well, that bantee died down after some sanctions a few years ago and poo pood out.

Itll come up again when bandwidth and table talk gets boring.

The OP wants everyone in some sort of middle where you can't tell one party from the other.
Then he has exactly what you claim he wants already; Democrats, Republicans.... two wings of the same organized crime family the only distinguishing feature between the two is the useful idiot pool they choose to pander and lie to.

However that doesn't appear to be what he wants, what it appears he's hoping for is for the sheeple to overcome their FUD and wake those centers of objectivity, reason and critical thinking that lie deeply slumbering between their ears and stop doing the partisan miscreants dirty work for 'em.

"Fear is the mind-killer, Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration." -- Bene Gesserit Litany, Dune
Attacking & insulting is easy. Communicating like adults is HARD.

Forum List

Back