NFL National Anthem Controversy Summed Up

How the hell do we deserve athletes?

'We elevate them to 'American Hero' status just because they can run the 40 in 4.0 seconds, can pass the pall, can dunk a ball, can throw a 100+mph fast ball, etc. This protest is just helping Americans who do so come back down to earth and realize these guys can be assholes like everyone else, that they aren't 'American heroes' - they are just people who can play certain sports really well.

Credit Trump for the increase in players protesting the National Anthem

So, he comments on them protesting so they protest a song? Fucking twits.

He commented on the protest, and it was pretty apparent from his tweets that he was pretty upset about it.

I mean..............there are lots of you conservatives who are happy that Trump is making the left go spinning in circles, even if his only accomplishment thus far is appointing a SC judge to the court. I've seen the comments posted on these boards where a lot of conservatives have said that all Trump has to do to be a success in their eyes is piss off liberals.

Well, there are lots of liberals out there who want to piss off Trump, and it looks like they are doing just that, by protesting the anthem.

What's even funnier, is it makes the Trumptards go bananas, which is even better.

All I am saying is, it's pretty retarded to protest the national anthem because you don't like Trump. The disconnect is breathtaking.

What disconnect? Trump is the direct representative and face of this country, and the national anthem is the song that represents this country.

Protesting during the national anthem because you don't like the way some things are done in this country or because you don't like who is running the country sounds like the perfect time to do so.
Leftism is about accomplishing nothing.

Credit Trump for the increase in players protesting the National Anthem

So, he comments on them protesting so they protest a song? Fucking twits.

He commented on the protest, and it was pretty apparent from his tweets that he was pretty upset about it.

I mean..............there are lots of you conservatives who are happy that Trump is making the left go spinning in circles, even if his only accomplishment thus far is appointing a SC judge to the court. I've seen the comments posted on these boards where a lot of conservatives have said that all Trump has to do to be a success in their eyes is piss off liberals.

Well, there are lots of liberals out there who want to piss off Trump, and it looks like they are doing just that, by protesting the anthem.

What's even funnier, is it makes the Trumptards go bananas, which is even better.

All I am saying is, it's pretty retarded to protest the national anthem because you don't like Trump. The disconnect is breathtaking.

What disconnect? Trump is the direct representative and face of this country, and the national anthem is the song that represents this country.

Protesting during the national anthem because you don't like the way some things are done in this country or because you don't like who is running the country sounds like the perfect time to do so.
how do you figure? isn't it a sporting event? you're confused, it's ok.

The Tragic, Forgotten History of Black Military Veterans

Take some time to educate yourselves on how "blacks" were treated fighting for democracy and then how long it took them to get to the "civil rights" of the 1960's.
And you talk about patriotism , maybe just from one perspective.
Little history reading goes a long way.
Kneeling during the "National Anthem" is a minimal reaction to the injustice some "Americans" have had to endure. Comparatively!
Tuskegee Airmen - Wikipedia
here....
"The Tuskegee Airmen /tʌsˈkiːɡiː/[1] is the popular name of a group of African-American military pilots (fighter and bomber) who fought in World War II. Officially, they formed the 332nd Fighter Group and the 477th Bombardment Group of the United States Army Air Forces. The name also applies to the navigators, bombardiers, mechanics, instructors, crew chiefs, nurses, cooks and other support personnel for the pilots.

All black military pilots who trained in the United States trained at Moton Field, the Tuskegee Army Air Field, and were educated at Tuskegee University, located near Tuskegee, Alabama. The group included five Haitians from the Haitian Air Force, and one pilot from Trinidad.[2]"
And your point is?

I met several of the Tuskegee Airman years ago, and you would be hard-pressed to find any greater, more patriotic people in this country. Are you saying they would agree with what these players are doing today? I would agree that they would still defend their right to do so, but I find it extremely hard to believe that the men I met would agree to disrespecting the flag or national anthem.

Typical right wing tea-bagger, only check history as far as you like to see it.

Returning home - Red Tail Squadron
Returning home
Despite their distinguished wartime record, the Tuskegee Airmen returned to an America unwilling to recognize their contributions. Racism and segregation continued to have a stranglehold on the country. Instead of being greeted with a hero’s welcome, the Tuskegee Airmen were segregated as soon as they disembarked the ships that brought them home. German prisoners of war were treated better than black Americans. It would be decades before their war efforts were acknowledged or even widely known, and it could be said that even today many people do not know about the remarkable achievements of the Tuskegee Airmen. Misinformation, or lack of any factual information at all, is rampant.

Take some time to educate yourselves on how "blacks" were treated fighting for democracy and then how long it took them to get to the "civil rights" of the 1960's.
Kneeling during the "National Anthem" is a minimal reaction to the injustice some "Americans" have had to endure. Comparatively!
here....
"The Tuskegee Airmen /tʌsˈkiːɡiː/[1] is the popular name of a group of African-American military pilots (fighter and bomber) who fought in World War II. Officially, they formed the 332nd Fighter Group and the 477th Bombardment Group of the United States Army Air Forces. The name also applies to the navigators, bombardiers, mechanics, instructors, crew chiefs, nurses, cooks and other support personnel for the pilots.

All black military pilots who trained in the United States trained at Moton Field, the Tuskegee Army Air Field, and were educated at Tuskegee University, located near Tuskegee, Alabama. The group included five Haitians from the Haitian Air Force, and one pilot from Trinidad.[2]"

here....

And your point is?

I met several of the Tuskegee Airman years ago, and you would be hard-pressed to find any greater, more patriotic people in this country. Are you saying they would agree with what these players are doing today? I would agree that they would still defend their right to do so, but I find it extremely hard to believe that the men I met would agree to disrespecting the flag or national anthem.
the point was that they are not forgotten, and that fk posts fake news. I posted that out of respect for their service and what they did to show how blacks supported and wanted to fight to make a better country and kneeling means they're kneeling at their bravery.

And your point is? Others see their treatment as how unpatriotic this country is to black. And the injustice they felt up to and including the Civil Rights movement of 1960's. And it carries on today, and leading the way is the pile of dog excrement that is in the whitehouse.

here....

And your point is?

My post was the entire truth. Not the sweet covered one.
Hiding the truth is lying.
After war, Tuskegee Airmen were not allowed to fly commercially
Tue, 01/17/2012 - 5:56pm | Dave Hinton
After war, Tuskegee Airmen were not allowed to fly commercially | Rantoul Press

here....

And your point is?

the point was that they are not forgotten, and that fk posts fake news. I posted that out of respect for their service and what they did to show how blacks supported and wanted to fight to make a better country and kneeling means they're kneeling at their bravery.

Returning home
Despite their distinguished wartime record, the Tuskegee Airmen returned to an America unwilling to recognize their contributions. Racism and segregation continued to have a stranglehold on the country. Instead of being greeted with a hero’s welcome, the Tuskegee Airmen were segregated as soon as they disembarked the ships that brought them home. German prisoners of war were treated better than black Americans. It would be decades before their war efforts were acknowledged or even widely known, and it could be said that even today many people do not know about the remarkable achievements of the Tuskegee Airmen. Misinformation, or lack of any factual information at all, is rampant.

here....

"In 2007, the Tuskegee Airmen received the highest American civilian honor – the Congressional Gold Medal bestowed by the United States Congress. It is the highest expression of national appreciation for distinguished achievements and contributions. The Tuskegee Airmen received the medal as a 300-strong collective group, appearing at the U.S. Capitol to be honored by then President George W. Bush and Speaker of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi. The medal is on display at the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History & Culture in Washington, D.C."

Thank you for that post of respect for them, but through your post you have proven they are NOT forgotten. They are slowly becoming that way, though. I am not even sure if they are still taught in school...sadly.

And your point is? Others see their treatment as how unpatriotic this country is to black. And the injustice they felt up to and including the Civil Rights movement of 1960's. And it carries on today, and leading the way is the pile of dog excrement that is in the whitehouse.

here....

And your point is?

"In 2007, the Tuskegee Airmen received the highest American civilian honor – the Congressional Gold Medal bestowed by the United States Congress. It is the highest expression of national appreciation for distinguished achievements and contributions. The Tuskegee Airmen received the medal as a 300-strong collective group, appearing at the U.S. Capitol to be honored by then President George W. Bush and Speaker of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi. The medal is on display at the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History & Culture in Washington, D.C."

Thank you for that post of respect for them, but through your post you have proven they are NOT forgotten. They are slowly becoming that way, though. I am not even sure if they are still taught in school...sadly.

How long did it take this country to come to grips with the bravery and heroism to bestow this honor on them.
While the "others" received theirs' on return.
Try telling the entire truth.

Returning home

here....

And now, blacks are disproportionately incarcerated and they are disproportionately stopped by police and shot by law enforcement.

My post was the entire truth. Not the sweet covered one.
Hiding the truth is lying.
After war, Tuskegee Airmen were not allowed to fly commercially
Tue, 01/17/2012 - 5:56pm | Dave Hinton
After war, Tuskegee Airmen were not allowed to fly commercially | Rantoul Press

Didn't say you lied. Once upon a time blacks had to sit on the back of a bus, not in the front. ONCE UPON A TIME....

How long did it take this country to come to grips with the bravery and heroism to bestow this honor on them.

Returning home

here....

I don't know, but the US set the stage on how to treat someone equally and today that still isn't good enough for some. it's really ashame, the greatest nation in the world and someone wishes to piss on it. people crawl through deserts to get here illegally because it is the greatest place in the world and yet people making millions wish to piss on the flag that draws them here.

And if USA won't tolerate Trump's snowflake brigades trying to steal valor from the military to justify bigotry? What then? I mean, you've stooped low before, but this is kind of a new low for you.

No matter. This will all fade in a week, when the Trumpflakes get their orders to get poutraged over something new. In the meantime, Kaepernick is a national hero, the issue of police brutality is front and center again, and Trump looks even more petty, weak and immoral. Liberals are pleased with that outcome, and we thank you for helping make it happen.
Thanks for the silly comment.
Totally 180 degrees out of reality too.
Typical.

Bringing attention to an injustice is not pissing on something.
Obviously you idea of what is happening it twisted in a foul manner.
They have the right to protest and the right to speak their mind in any legal manner they choose.
That is what the "patriots" of this country fought for, their right.

Returning home

here....

I don't know, but the US set the stage on how to treat someone equally and today that still isn't good enough for some. it's really ashame, the greatest nation in the world and someone wishes to piss on it. people crawl through deserts to get here illegally because it is the greatest place in the world and yet people making millions wish to piss on the flag that draws them here.

Bringing attention to an injustice is not pissing on something.
Obviously you idea of what is happening it twisted in a foul manner.
They have the right to protest and the right to speak their mind in any legal manner they choose.
That is what the "patriots" of this country fought for, their right.

Returning home

here....

yep, just like everyone that doesn't like it, doesn't have to like it right? they fought for my right as well. right? injustice like what, name something please? like the player didn't get a four year deal, didn't get the right helmet? the cleats are too short?

Forum List

Back