NFL Ratings Down - Potential To Lose 44% of Viewers If Protests Continue

Poll: 44% Likely to Turn Off NFL If National Anthem Protests Continue

"A Yahoo survey says that 44 percent of Americans report a likelihood of shutting off NFL games should players continue to kneel for the national anthem."

Poll: 44% Likely to Turn Off NFL If National Anthem Protests Continue - Breitbart

Like I've been saying.

The emotional involvement of sports comes from identifying with the team.

If you tell the fans that the players have nothing but contempt for them, you risk interfering with the process of identifying.

I suspect 44% is higher than those that will really stay away. But even HALF of that would be an utter disaster for the league.

Which they richly deserve.

Fuckheads.

I've stopped watching.
I'm having withdrawals....
But I stopped watching.

Wonder if we continue to see a downward trend how long Goodel will stick with the players as they crash the NFL brand?

Dumb. Not gonna happen.

Why? Sports fans in general skew towards demographics that lean towards patriotism than the general population. While the SJW and media types are in love with this shit, the rank and file fans are either indifferent or openly hostile towards these displays. when they go from a here or there thing to something more permanent, you may see people losing interest.

Especially on teams that suck. SF is going to be garbage this year, this may give some people the excuse to tune them out, at least until they play better.

Dumb. Not gonna happen.

Why? Sports fans in general skew towards demographics that lean towards patriotism than the general population. While the SJW and media types are in love with this shit, the rank and file fans are either indifferent or openly hostile towards these displays. when they go from a here or there thing to something more permanent, you may see people losing interest.

Especially on teams that suck. SF is going to be garbage this year, this may give some people the excuse to tune them out, at least until they play better.
Possibly. But I doubt anybody will care about this in a month, including players who are only doing it for attention.

Dumb. Not gonna happen.

Possibly. But I doubt anybody will care about this in a month, including players who are only doing it for attention.

It depends on if it spreads more. If we start seeing it in more and more NFL games, more and more college games, and then down to the high school level, it may gain a critical mass.

I'm also curious to see what happens when the NBA season starts, but there the fan base is more diverse.

Wonder if we continue to see a downward trend how long Goodel will stick with the players as they crash the NFL brand?
And what exactly do you think Goodell can do about it?
SIMPLE: No more protesting by players in uniform, at games, or while representing the NFL! All such displays will result in heavy fines and suspensions.

The military tells its members they can protest all they want when NOT in uniform, on their own time, when NOT representing or being associated with the military. Goodell could do the same thing in the NFL.

White people cant handle taking a knee but tell everyone how easy it is to deal with oppression.

Shit, if they boycott a knee just imagine what they would do if it was more than that? They might even...say something...in public :tomato:

And the Alt Right condemns the right to free speech.

:) And you will watch your NFL anyway.

Dumb. Not gonna happen.

It depends on if it spreads more. If we start seeing it in more and more NFL games, more and more college games, and then down to the high school level, it may gain a critical mass.

I'm also curious to see what happens when the NBA season starts, but there the fan base is more diverse.
I'll be shocked if it doesn't go away. It's a dumb trend that accomplishes nothing and will be completely forgotten in a few years.

SIMPLE: No more protesting by players in uniform, at games, or while representing the NFL! All such displays will result in heavy fines and suspensions.

The military tells its members they can protest all they want when NOT in uniform, on their own time, when NOT representing or being associated with the military. Goodell could do the same thing in the NFL.

No, he can't. The NFL is not the military, and NFL players are not employees. They are independent contractors.

Dumb. Not gonna happen.

I'll be shocked if it doesn't go away. It's a dumb trend that accomplishes nothing and will be completely forgotten in a few years.

They question is how it will go away. Via action by the NFL because their bottom line is impacted, or through apathy.

I would of thought apathy, but the events of the past few days makes me wonder if some of these guys are going to double down or not.

No, he can't. The NFL is not the military, and NFL players are not employees. They are independent contractors.

Yep, unlike that one military woman who protested while in uniform, and is probably in a bit of trouble.

I wish people were just as upset over our national debt as they are for kneeling athletes.

Dumb. Not gonna happen.

They question is how it will go away. Via action by the NFL because their bottom line is impacted, or through apathy.

I would of thought apathy, but the events of the past few days makes me wonder if some of these guys are going to double down or not.
My guess is apathy. The NFL cracking down will make things worse.

And the Alt Right condemns the right to free speech.

:) And you will watch your NFL anyway.

Aren't you the guys that always say "there an consequences"?. And the consequences are that much bigger when you do it in public, and you rely on the $$ of a paying public for your livelihood.

The other issue is that the NFL is being selective on what it is allowing, thus making it seem like it is taking sides.

There are clauses written in the NFL that states it's players can not do anything 'detrimental to the NFL brand'...

The NFL threatened to fine Marshawn Lynch $100,000 if he did not speak at Media Day prior to a Super Bowl...
- NFL threatens Marshawn Lynch with six-figure fine

...like hell he can't.

Forum List

Back