Nike made a business decision not a political statement

Nike made a business decision not a political statement in running their recent add with Colin Kaepernick.
They are chasing the dollars.
They realize the vast majority of people who will stop buying their products because of the add is outweighed by the increases they will receive by those who do not feel strongly about or support Kaepernick.

This is a statement about who will be the strongest demographic with the most disposable income in the future pro-Trumpers or anti-Trumpers

It's complete stupidity and will have the same failing results as others who took similar positions.

When you are dealing with the public, you have people on all different ends. For instance, the kneelers. About a third of their paying audience doesn't care one way or another. They are just there to see a football game. Another third agree with them as you pointed out. The other third are insulted by their actions, and some will refuse to ever come back.

If they never took a political position in the first place, everybody is happy. But by taking a political position, they pissed off about a third of their audience.

It works the same way in music and all entertainment. When your living depends on people coming to see you, the stupidest thing you can do is piss any of them off. It makes zero business sense.

I watch sports because it's an opiate for the masses. It gets my mind off politics and other stressful things. Without it, it just ends up feeding the beast within and makes it want to take to the streets to blow it off. Nike, Kaepernick, LeBron and others have ruined it for all.

I only bought one pair of Nike sneakers in my life. They were the most expensive sneakers I ever bought, and were the worst. They were terrible. Uncomfortable as hell.

John Elway gives deposition in Colin Kaepernick collusion case against NFL

“What makes Elway unique from the others was he was the last NFL executive who offered Kaepernick a job. Elway was trying to acquire Kaepernick from the San Francisco 49ers in the offseason leading up to the 2016 season — weeks after the Broncos won Super Bowl 50 — but it was Kaepernick who nixed the deal because he would not accept a pay cut.”

Elway offered Kap $7 million, and Kap turned it down.

You idiots fellating Kap as a social justice warrior who was blackballed by the NFL because of his beliefs are really fucking stupid.

But hey, why let’s facts get in the way of a liberal bullshit narrative...they never do.

Do you guys have a hard time keeping track of all the things you're boycotting?

Seems like there's a lot of them.

CNN - boycott? no. laugh at? by the hour.
Facebook - not a fan but until something better comes along, it's simply a tool
Budweiser - don't drink anymore
Nike - meh, if the shoe fits...
NFL - i see players kneel, i watch something else til next game.
Target - don't shop there but mostly cause they suck
Keurig - speaking of suck
Starbucks - coffee sucks
Amazon - why would i boycott amazon jack ryan is an amazing series and they bring me my shit several times a week. i ordered a bucket the other day just to get a delivery and have something to open.
Nordstrom - why the hell am i mad at them?
Kellogg - mmmmm - pop tarts.
Star Wars - FINALLY - something i'm not going to watch any more of.
Education - for it.
Award Shows - never cared
Twitter - never use it, don't care.

i got mad at the world once and shook my fist in the air and protested about the inhumanity of it all. do you know what changed?

nothing.

i got mad one day and looked in the mirror to decide what i could do about the world around me and how i could be a better part of it. do you know what changed?

everything.

I believe you're supposed to be mad at Amazon because Bezos has been critical of Trump and because he says he wants to raise funds to help Dreamers go to college. You're supposed to be mad at Nordstrom because they stopped selling Ivanka's stuff there.

I imagine that it must be hard to keep track of all the companies that conservatives are boycotting and why they are boycotting them, so I hope that helped.
not really cause i'm conservative and none of these save star wars are on my list. but if we want to get cute and stereotype - do we really need to talk about all the asinine things the left boycotts?

Well if you don't wanna boycott Nike and the others along with the rest of your fellow conservatives, that's cool with me. Personally, I think it's hilarious that people are recording themselves burning NFL jerseys and blowing up my Facebook feed about how upset they are with Nike "disrespecting the troops" and all. Not to mention the "war against Christians" fought through Starbucks cups lmao. More power to you if you're not buying into all that.

But sure, go ahead and get cute. What are the things I'm supposed to boycott?

I love it. it's amazing. fans of Lebron once did that. did you watch?

And now they all love him again!

They do?

7 Most Hated NBA Players of the Last Decade

Guess who #2 is?

And guess who has the number 2 selling jersey? I will go with the money vote vice one man's opinion.

Top Selling NBA Jerseys | NBAStore.com

Did you just change the crux of the debate? You said people love him again? Many do but many do not.

If that’s their plan, it’s a bad one. Most people mature as they get older. They eventually have more respect for our police and some even our country.

When I was younger I was a long haired pot smoking beer drinking guy who hated our police and referred to them as pigs a few times myself. I wore an army jacket in mockery of our military and a lead guitarist in rock bands. I was a total leftist in all my social views.

But then I started growing up and became a conservative by the time I reached my early 30’s.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Most of those kids do not see the kneeling as hate for the police or the country, that is the view of the middle aged white man, not the 17 year old kids.

You mean kids don’t ask questions like why are these football players kneeling? You don’t give kids much credit, do ya?

Starbucks - coffee sucks
Amazon - why would i boycott amazon jack ryan is an amazing series and they bring me my shit several times a week. i ordered a bucket the other day just to get a delivery and have something to open.
Education - for it.

i got mad at the world once and shook my fist in the air and protested about the inhumanity of it all. do you know what changed?

nothing.

i got mad one day and looked in the mirror to decide what i could do about the world around me and how i could be a better part of it. do you know what changed?

everything.

I believe you're supposed to be mad at Amazon because Bezos has been critical of Trump and because he says he wants to raise funds to help Dreamers go to college. You're supposed to be mad at Nordstrom because they stopped selling Ivanka's stuff there.

I imagine that it must be hard to keep track of all the companies that conservatives are boycotting and why they are boycotting them, so I hope that helped.
not really cause i'm conservative and none of these save star wars are on my list. but if we want to get cute and stereotype - do we really need to talk about all the asinine things the left boycotts?

Well if you don't wanna boycott Nike and the others along with the rest of your fellow conservatives, that's cool with me. Personally, I think it's hilarious that people are recording themselves burning NFL jerseys and blowing up my Facebook feed about how upset they are with Nike "disrespecting the troops" and all. Not to mention the "war against Christians" fought through Starbucks cups lmao. More power to you if you're not buying into all that.

well for most liberals, anything the right likes.

theo4.jpg

They do?

Guess who #2 is?

And guess who has the number 2 selling jersey? I will go with the money vote vice one man's opinion.

Did you just change the crux of the debate? You said people love him again? Many do but many do not.

I would say that jersey sales are a good way to measure the view of the fans about a player. He has the number two jersey sells in all the league, clearly someone out there likes him

Starbucks - coffee sucks
Education - for it.

nothing.

everything.

n-Out Burgers? Chick-fil-A? hmmmm.

They do?

Guess who #2 is?

I would say that jersey sales are a good way to measure the view of the fans about a player. He has the number two jersey sells in all the league, clearly someone out there likes him

Of course. He is the best player in the game but would you agree just as many dislike him? Tom Brady's jersey is a high seller too, he gets booed everywhere.

Of course. He is the best player in the game but would you agree just as many dislike him? Tom Brady's jersey is a high seller too, he gets booed everywhere.
he's hated quite a lot. quite a lot.

If that’s their plan, it’s a bad one. Most people mature as they get older. They eventually have more respect for our police and some even our country.

When I was younger I was a long haired pot smoking beer drinking guy who hated our police and referred to them as pigs a few times myself. I wore an army jacket in mockery of our military and a lead guitarist in rock bands. I was a total leftist in all my social views.

But then I started growing up and became a conservative by the time I reached my early 30’s.

Most of those kids do not see the kneeling as hate for the police or the country, that is the view of the middle aged white man, not the 17 year old kids.

You mean kids don’t ask questions like why are these football players kneeling? You don’t give kids much credit, do ya?

The kids know why the players are kneeling, they talk about it at school and even here at my house. Maybe you do not have much experience with teens, but they really could not care less what their parents feel about something, in fact most will be just the oppose just to be independent.

I think most of the hate has moved on. People hated him for the decision, but that is old news.

I think most of the hate has moved on. People hated him for the decision, but that is old news.

The hate is also because he consistently wins. But his HBO show is stupid.

K%2Bconverted%2Bto%2BIslam%252Cengaged%2Bto%2BBLM%2Bactivist.jpg

Dam. Didn't know SJW Colin Kaepernik converted to Islam and got engaged to a BLM activist. Boycott Nike.

FB_IMG_1536040540740.jpg

He has an HBO show?

He has an HBO show?

Oh yes and it is super left leaning. You'd love it.

He has an HBO show?

Oh yes and it is super left leaning. You'd love it.

Why would I love it if you do not and are you left of me?

That makes no sense at all.

Forum List

Back