🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ninth Circuit Judges Rule In Favor Of Bullies

So the admin grows a little toothbrush mustache and requires students to stiffly raise their right arms and shout "Heil" when he walks into the room. What fault could the Ninth Circus Court find with that? After after all, no national symbols involved.....

Ninth Circuit Court Won 8217 t Reconsider U.S. Flag Shirt Ban At California School CBS Sacramento

so people can skip the retard link the Op provided.

A unanimous three-judge panel in February said past problems gave school officials sufficient and justifiable reasons for their actions. The court said schools have wide latitude in curbing certain civil rights to ensure campus safety.

Schools are not freedom of speech bastions.

You fundamentally misunderstand the issue, as did the judges. When expression of love for one's country is speech that is deemed controversial on school property, then elevating an orderly environment over a patriotic culture is the wrong way to go. Some speech on school grounds can be disorderly and it's right to restrict that speech in order to defuse tensions and return to educating the children. Celebrating one's patriotism SHOULD never be considered disruptive speech. If disruption does arise, then the school needs to address and correct the students who find such speech offensive and make this corrective action a lesson for all other students. Patriotism is a higher value than an orderly school environment. That's where the 9th erred - they're liberals and their values are all screwed up.

When certain symbols are misused to celebrate patriotism in a away that is harmful to some of the citizens, yeah, the jingoists can be told to sit down and behave.

Of course the problem with that in THIS specific case is that the Mexican flag shirts were allowedA. That's bullshit , no matter how you slice it.

Yes, that should not be allowed either if it disrupts the educational process. Equal treatment.

And that is not what happened here. the kids with the American flags were singled out, the kids with the Mexican flags... nothing.

If you respond by telling me the American flags were disruptive and the Mexican ones were not, you will be placed on ignore and I will go on with my evening.

I'm sick of dealing with dishonest children.

Ninth Circuit Court Won 8217 t Reconsider U.S. Flag Shirt Ban At California School CBS Sacramento

A unanimous three-judge panel in February said past problems gave school officials sufficient and justifiable reasons for their actions. The court said schools have wide latitude in curbing certain civil rights to ensure campus safety.

You fundamentally misunderstand the issue, as did the judges. When expression of love for one's country is speech that is deemed controversial on school property, then elevating an orderly environment over a patriotic culture is the wrong way to go. Some speech on school grounds can be disorderly and it's right to restrict that speech in order to defuse tensions and return to educating the children. Celebrating one's patriotism SHOULD never be considered disruptive speech. If disruption does arise, then the school needs to address and correct the students who find such speech offensive and make this corrective action a lesson for all other students. Patriotism is a higher value than an orderly school environment. That's where the 9th erred - they're liberals and their values are all screwed up.

When certain symbols are misused to celebrate patriotism in a away that is harmful to some of the citizens, yeah, the jingoists can be told to sit down and behave.

Of course the problem with that in THIS specific case is that the Mexican flag shirts were allowed. That's bullshit , no matter how you slice it.
Well no. If it was for a certain day and other kids wore American shirts in a protest like way, it's not the samething. Had this been a normal day and both where doing it Ala gang like, then you would be correct.

The judges just ruled that anti-American assholes can force us to stop displaying American pride. Fuck them.

the judges ruled how they always rule in these cases you moron
Good point.
No more gay rallies at school. :eusa_whistle:

Were the gays waving huge flags, wearing inappropriate clothing or insignia, or trying to french kiss straight kids?
Last I looked, none of those things were required for it to be called a rally.
Neat....irrelevant to anything to do with the topic

Of course the problem with that in THIS specific case is that the Mexican flag shirts were allowed. That's bullshit , no matter how you slice it.
Well no. If it was for a certain day and other kids wore American shirts in a protest like way, it's not the samething. Had this been a normal day and both where doing it Ala gang like, then you would be correct.

that's a bs excuse

You and I both know this was an issue becuase of some previous problems between the two groups. It didn't happen in a vacuum. And thus BOTH shirts were disruptive , but only one was singled out.

So the admin grows a little toothbrush mustache and requires students to stiffly raise their right arms and shout "Heil" when he walks into the room. What fault could the Ninth Circus Court find with that? After after all, no national symbols involved.....
I see you went for the stupid opinion once again. .good for you

that's a bs excuse

You and I both know this was an issue becuase of some previous problems between the two groups. It didn't happen in a vacuum. And thus BOTH shirts were disruptive , but only one was singled out.
If it was the 4th of July and the rolls where reversed I'd say the same thing.

From the link in post #2:

"The high school in the San Jose suburb of Morgan Hill issued the order during a celebration of the Mexican holiday Cinco de Mayo. The school had a history of problems between white and Latino students."

That seems perfectly reasonable to me. The only reason to wear the U.S. flag on that day would really be to instigate other students. That could lead to a fight, and would distract from the purpose of schools, which is education.

This was a very narrow ruling, and a correct one. Context matters, and the OP decided to just ignore it.

that's a bs excuse

The relevance of the Mexican Army defeating the French in Mexico during the Battle of Puebla in 1862 is what exactly? I'm not seeing the similarity to July 4th.

that's a bs excuse

Me to, ban both shirts, or neither.

And we both know that if it was the 4th of July and the Mexican shirts were banned but not the American ones, there would be people screaming about racism. THAT is the part that really irks me.

that's a bs excuse

The relevance of the Mexican Army defeating the French in Mexico during the Battle of Puebla in 1862 is what exactly? I'm not seeing the similarity to July 4th.
Holiday's. That's it.

that's a bs excuse

Me to, ban both shirts, or neither.
I wouldn't be against uniforms like you suggested.

that's a bs excuse

Holiday's. That's it.

Thanks for that. What's it to America that the Mexicans won a battle against the French in 1862 in Mexico? How is this relevant to the Fourth?

that's a bs excuse

Holiday's. That's it.

Thanks for that. What's it to America that the Mexicans won a battle against the French in 1862 in Mexico? How is this relevant to the Fourth?

The hell? It was just an example captain literal...seriously go away

that's a bs excuse

Holiday's. That's it.

The stupid part is they don't even celebrate Cinco De Mayo in Mexico anyway. It's basically a man's version of Valentine's Day with beer instead of chocolate.

that's a bs excuse

Holiday's. That's it.

The stupid part is they don't even celebrate Cinco De Mayo in Mexico anyway. It's basically a man's version of Valentine's Day with beer instead of chocolate.
Meh....not really on my list of things I really care about

that's a bs excuse

Holiday's. That's it.

But it's not an example, it's an equivalence. It's an important day for these Mexican-American students who show allegiance to a foreign nation and take offense at the American flag. That's the problem and you're lending support to that mindset.

Exactly. Because some students were granted more freedom of expression than others. That is wrong no matter how you look at it. Having an orderly environment is always a goal, but pandering to the students threatening violence isn't the answer. That issue, which is at the heart of the problem, was never addressed. The decision that came down supported the violent students. It also means that the American students will walk on egg shells for fear of offending the bullies. The school chose to side with the bullies. Every student that made threats should have been suspended and the Cinco de Mayo celebration should be cancelled permanently. That would be the only fair way, but the school gave in to the bullies, knowing that they will respond with violence if they don't get their way.

Holiday's. That's it.

But it's not an example, it's an equivalence. It's an important day for these Mexican-American students who show allegiance to a foreign nation and take offense at the American flag. That's the problem and you're lending support to that mindset.
And people who celebrate St. Patrick's day are anti-American Irish traitors, right?

But back to Cinco de Mayo, it actually has serious relevance for the United States as well. At the time, there were fears in the United States that the French would use Mexico as a base to back the Confederacy. Napoleon decided he would not only send the French navy, but would also start looking for someone to place as emperor in Mexico. He would then use Mexico as a base to help the Confederates win their war against the United States. Napoleon saw this as an opportunity not to be missed. Had Mexico not defeated the French in Puebla on May 5, 1862, France would have gone to the aid of the Confederacy in the U.S. Civil War and the United States' destiny could have been very different. Every American should celebrate that the French did not take over America.

The modern American focus on that day first started in California in the 1860s in response to the resistance to French rule in Mexico. The holiday, which has been celebrated in California continuously since 1863, is virtually ignored in Mexico. It is more a holiday of the United States than it is of Mexico, so it makes absolutely no sense to say it represents Americans swearing allegiance to Mexico.

Like St. Patrick's day, Cinco de Mayo met consumerism and markets, and was popularized across the country as a celebration of Mexican culture and heritage of which many Americans are descended from (akin to St. Patrick's day for Irish Americans). The issue at this school is that there were some racist kids wanting to make a statement against their Mexican classmates. The school foresaw this based on past events, and banned such statements to protect the climate of the school.

Forum List

Back