🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ninth Circuit Judges Rule In Favor Of Bullies

If it was the 4th of July and the rolls where reversed I'd say the same thing.

The relevance of the Mexican Army defeating the French in Mexico during the Battle of Puebla in 1862 is what exactly? I'm not seeing the similarity to July 4th.
Holiday's. That's it.

Thanks for that. What's it to America that the Mexicans won a battle against the French in 1862 in Mexico? How is this relevant to the Fourth?

The hell? It was just an example captain literal...seriously go away

But it's not an example, it's an equivalence. It's an important day for these Mexican-American students who show allegiance to a foreign nation and take offense at the American flag. That's the problem and you're lending support to that mindset.
I really don't care if they don't like our flag.

The relevance of the Mexican Army defeating the French in Mexico during the Battle of Puebla in 1862 is what exactly? I'm not seeing the similarity to July 4th.
Holiday's. That's it.

Thanks for that. What's it to America that the Mexicans won a battle against the French in 1862 in Mexico? How is this relevant to the Fourth?

The hell? It was just an example captain literal...seriously go away

But it's not an example, it's an equivalence. It's an important day for these Mexican-American students who show allegiance to a foreign nation and take offense at the American flag. That's the problem and you're lending support to that mindset.
And people who celebrate St. Patrick's day are anti-American Irish traitors, right?

Now that's news that I want to read - where did a bunch of Irish-Americans attack a group of American-Americans for showing the US flag on St. Patrick's day?

Damn, I just responded to a moron. What can I say, it's so tempting to stomp on stupid.

Ninth Circuit Court Won 8217 t Reconsider U.S. Flag Shirt Ban At California School CBS Sacramento

so people can skip the retard link the Op provided.

A unanimous three-judge panel in February said past problems gave school officials sufficient and justifiable reasons for their actions. The court said schools have wide latitude in curbing certain civil rights to ensure campus safety.

Schools are not freedom of speech bastions.

You fundamentally misunderstand the issue, as did the judges. When expression of love for one's country is speech that is deemed controversial on school property, then elevating an orderly environment over a patriotic culture is the wrong way to go. Some speech on school grounds can be disorderly and it's right to restrict that speech in order to defuse tensions and return to educating the children. Celebrating one's patriotism SHOULD never be considered disruptive speech. If disruption does arise, then the school needs to address and correct the students who find such speech offensive and make this corrective action a lesson for all other students. Patriotism is a higher value than an orderly school environment. That's where the 9th erred - they're liberals and their values are all screwed up.
Incorrect.

The ruling is consistent with fundamental, settled, and accepted First Amendment jurisprudence:

http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2014/02/27/11-17858.pdf

Schools are at liberty to restrict students' speech provided such restrictions are not predicated on a desire to silence uncomfortable or unpopular viewpoints. In this case “school officials’ actions were tailored to avert violence and focused on student safety,” not to deny students' right to free expression.

Now that's news that I want to read - where did a bunch of Irish-Americans attack a group of American-Americans for showing the US flag on St. Patrick's day?

Damn, I just responded to a moron. What can I say, it's so tempting to stomp on stupid.
They didn't. That's the point. As you say, there was no conflict between people of Irish decent and everyone else at the school. There was conflict, on the other hand, between students of Mexican descent and other students. Hence the school policy on Cinco de Mayo but not St. Patrick's day.

Thanks for making the point for me.

Ninth Circuit Court Won 8217 t Reconsider U.S. Flag Shirt Ban At California School CBS Sacramento

so people can skip the retard link the Op provided.

A unanimous three-judge panel in February said past problems gave school officials sufficient and justifiable reasons for their actions. The court said schools have wide latitude in curbing certain civil rights to ensure campus safety.

Schools are not freedom of speech bastions.

You fundamentally misunderstand the issue, as did the judges. When expression of love for one's country is speech that is deemed controversial on school property, then elevating an orderly environment over a patriotic culture is the wrong way to go. Some speech on school grounds can be disorderly and it's right to restrict that speech in order to defuse tensions and return to educating the children. Celebrating one's patriotism SHOULD never be considered disruptive speech. If disruption does arise, then the school needs to address and correct the students who find such speech offensive and make this corrective action a lesson for all other students. Patriotism is a higher value than an orderly school environment. That's where the 9th erred - they're liberals and their values are all screwed up.
Incorrect.

The ruling is consistent with fundamental, settled, and accepted First Amendment jurisprudence:

http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2014/02/27/11-17858.pdf

Schools are at liberty to restrict students' speech provided such restrictions are not predicated on a desire to silence uncomfortable or unpopular viewpoints. In this case “school officials’ actions were tailored to avert violence and focused on student safety,” not to deny students' right to free expression.

So you're a Canadian expert on US law?

Last time I looked, you have not made the necessary comparisons. So tell us what they are, please.

Forum List

Back