BREAKING: Effort to Open Debate on Bill to Create January 6 Commission Fails in the Senate – Here are the Republicans Who Voted with Democrats​

The GOP finally successfully blocked the Democrats in its first filibuster of the Biden Administration.
The effort to open debate on a bill to create a commission to investigate the January 6 Capitol riot failed in the senate on Friday in a 54-35 vote.
Here are the 6 Republican senators who voted with the Democrats in favor of a January 6 commission:
  • Collins
  • Murkowski
  • Romney
  • Cassidy
  • Sasse
  • Portman

Comment:
Obviously there were also Democrats that voted not to create a Commission to investigate the Jan 6th riot.
Glad to see that there is still some sanity within the Senate in this Bi-Partisan voting....

The event is being investigated by the Justice Dept. and there`s not a thing that the GQP can do to stop it. Enjoy your high-fives and spiking the ball while you can.
Yet not a single person of the dozens hauled in has been charged with more than a petty misdemeanor.
But you know they will be don't you hon!
I don't know one way or the other, and neither do you.

But I do know that if there was anyone in the sights of the hacks at DOJ, their name would have been leaked to the media and they would have been doxxed by now...So suck on that.

Nine Republican senators and two Democrats didn't vote on the January 6 commission.
These are the 11 senators who didn't vote on the bill:

• Republican Sen. Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee
  • Republican Sen. Roy Blunt of Missouri
  • Republican Sen. Mike Braun of Indiana
  • Republican Sen. Richard Burr of North Carolina
  • Republican Sen. Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma
  • Democratic Sen. Patty Murray of Washington
  • Republican Sen. Mike Rounds of South Dakota
  • Republican Sen. James Risch of Idaho
  • Republican Sen. Richard Shelby of Alabama
  • Democratic Sen. Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona
  • Republican Sen. Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania

How convenient...
Schumer knew this...Continue with your unhinged hysterics.....It's what Chucky wants you to do.

No hysterics here. It was not going to pass anyway.

Or maybe Schumer knew he didn't have the votes in the first place, and only brought it to the floor to get deranged moonbats like you to shit chickens for a few days.

Looks like its working.
There's no doubt Shumer knew he didn't have the votes! Gee he's stupid for trying!

You are so far gone that you're not able to even consider the outcome of this fuck up by the R's. And it's delightful to see you stumble along with your spamming, because you've been left with nothing else.
I'm not the one shitting myself over losing the vote, you are....And it was brought to the floor on purpose, as you already acknowledged.

We're too far away from the '22 election for this to be remembered...The intent is clear...Congrats on being such an easily manipulated tool.

Time to nuke the 60 vote BS. Bastards :mad:
Investigation of a field trip ? Who took selfies inside the ropes? Democrats are so childish ... boo hoo we are not getting our way , time to go nuclear ... bunch of dopes. . . If you fools need to investigate, investigate nov. 3.
What you are talking about with them walking orderly inside, happened earlier, on another side of the Capitol building....
and not the side of the violent rioters beating up the cops and smashing and ram rodding windows and doors to get in....

It's deceiving to imply, they were the same incident...imo.

I still want to know who killed JFK.

We need some closure here people!

I know, we will give Mueller $30 million to find out who killed JFK.

What could possibly go wrong?
Indeed.:finger3:Mueller is looking out for the people and has their best interests in mind,,he is a patriot,he'll have an independent investigation into it, not one controlled by government entitys and do a great exhaustive investigation into it and solve the case who really fired the fatal head shot. :abgg2q.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
The republicans filibustered the bill. So there wasn't 60 votes to advance the legislation.

The republicans succeeded in killing the legislation just like they do with all good legislation our nation needs so badly.

Most Americans know why the republicans don't want an investigation into their attack on our capitol last January.

This won't stop the investigations. All it does is prevent a bipartisan investigation.

Now, the democrats can and probably will set up their own investigations without republicans stopping it.

Bad choice. At least with the commission it was bipartisan. Now, republicans will have little if any say in the investigations.

Why is a commission to investigate the Jan. 6 Riot "good legislation that our nation needs so badly"? Have the pertinent law enforcement agencies STOPPED investigating it or something? If not, why do the Congress Critters need to waste their time & OUR MONEY investigating it? Don't they have better things to do?

Let law enforcement do its job and refrain from politicizing this mess, we don't need another "Congressional Commission" aka GRANDSTANDING EXERCISE.
First of saying you don't want to politicize an instance where the former US president didn't want to accept election results to the point that he asked his supporters to stop the certification of that election is kind of disingenuous. This is NOT just a law enforcement issue. This is an inherently political issue too.

The political question is way more important IMO. How do you have a representative Democracy when one party of a binary election can simply say, "I lost legally so I feel within my rights to use extralegal means to remain in power?"

Even if it wouldn't be something that is strictly illegal, investigating the question and be forced to reckon with the answer is probably one of the most important things you can do.

The whole problem is I suspect, that having to reckon with that answer is something the GOP doesn't want to do because it would force them to take a position instead of straddling the fence in order to keep their caucus together.

It's certainly safe to say that the future of American freedom and democracy is still at grave danger -- until the Republicans finally acknowledge what Trump did, openly distance themselves from him and condemn him.

Until this happens, there is still the risk of an anti-constitutional, anti-freedom and democracy party winning the next election and turning America into a dictatorship, so that 200 years of freedom and constitutional rule will appear like a historical exception.

America will then become just one more of these American banana republics where the military or some right-wing insurgents putsch themselves to power and establish a half-assed nationalistic dictatorship.

Christians know that there is a clear rule: There can be no forgiveness without remorse. Likewise, the Republicans cannot be forgiven what they attempted to do on January 6th, unless they stop sinning against freedom and democracy and put Trump on trial.

Nine Republican senators and two Democrats didn't vote on the January 6 commission.

How convenient...
Schumer knew this...Continue with your unhinged hysterics.....It's what Chucky wants you to do.

No hysterics here?....I can practically see the spittle being sprayed onto monitors all across the forum, from the usual hysterical suspects.

You chumps are way too easy.

The republicans filibustered the bill. So there wasn't 60 votes to advance the legislation.

The republicans succeeded in killing the legislation just like they do with all good legislation our nation needs so badly.

Most Americans know why the republicans don't want an investigation into their attack on our capitol last January.

This won't stop the investigations. All it does is prevent a bipartisan investigation.

Now, the democrats can and probably will set up their own investigations without republicans stopping it.

Bad choice. At least with the commission it was bipartisan. Now, republicans will have little if any say in the investigations.

Why is a commission to investigate the Jan. 6 Riot "good legislation that our nation needs so badly"? Have the pertinent law enforcement agencies STOPPED investigating it or something? If not, why do the Congress Critters need to waste their time & OUR MONEY investigating it? Don't they have better things to do?

Let law enforcement do its job and refrain from politicizing this mess, we don't need another "Congressional Commission" aka GRANDSTANDING EXERCISE.
First of saying you don't want to politicize an instance where the former US president didn't want to accept election results to the point that he asked his supporters to stop the certification of that election is kind of disingenuous. This is NOT just a law enforcement issue. This is an inherently political issue too.

The political question is way more important IMO. How do you have a representative Democracy when one party of a binary election can simply say, "I lost legally so I feel within my rights to use extralegal means to remain in power?"

Even if it wouldn't be something that is strictly illegal, investigating the question and be forced to reckon with the answer is probably one of the most important things you can do.

The whole problem is I suspect, that having to reckon with that answer is something the GOP doesn't want to do because it would force them to take a position instead of straddling the fence in order to keep their caucus together.

It's certainly safe to say that the future of American freedom and democracy is still at grave danger -- until the Republicans finally acknowledge what Trump did, openly distance themselves from him and condemn him.

Until this happens, there is still the risk of an anti-constitutional, anti-freedom and democracy party winning the next election and turning America into a dictatorship, so that 200 years of freedom and constitutional rule will appear like a historical exception.

America will then become just one more of these American banana republics where the military or some right-wing insurgents putsch themselves to power and establish a half-assed nationalistic dictatorship.

Christians know that there is a clear rule: There can be no forgiveness without remorse. Likewise, the Republicans cannot be forgiven what they attempted to do on January 6th, unless they stop sinning against freedom and democracy and put Trump on trial.
CaptainHyperbole.jpg

Patty Murray didn't vote for it??

Her and Shumer must have discussed that move thoroughly beforehand. There's absolutely no way she would do that if there was a chance of it passing.

This time the con job on the R's is complete!

I don't think voters will forget this. At least a majority of us. We know who the enemy of democracy is.
Exactly. It's the democrat party that controls the media and academia.

Well said.

Actually, the Trump fans are nothing but useful idiots for certain big business interests who run right-wing propaganda channels and fake news factories online, blinding parts of the population with patent absurdities and blatant lies, and people like you fall for it. Although it's just the people who own all the money that oppresses just the people who cheer for them. It's sad, really.

Time to nuke the 60 vote BS. Bastards :mad:
Why on earth would you need a commission for this anyway? Hell, your last democrat commission lied and fabricated evidence to make people think our president worked for Putin.

I don't think voters will forget this. At least a majority of us. We know who the enemy of democracy is.
Yup, politicians.
Incredible,this is the first post i have ever seen you make in your entire existance here where you were not trolling and not acting juvenile posting facts instead of defending everything the government told you to be true.the world MUST be coming to an end.

What Trump did?

The democrat party had a 3 year witch hunt from anything from paying taxes to Russian collusion headed by Mueller that resulted in a nothing burger with 24/7 press coverage.

Then Trump stumbles onto the Hunter Biden scandal and the press refuses to print anything about it.

In fact, about 30% of Biden voters said they would have voted differently had they known.

If the DNC can have their conspiracy theories then why not the GOP?

Hmmm?

View attachment 494657

Nope, it's not hyperbole.

It's exactly what happened. The entire world can see it for what it is. That so many Americans still cannot, is very naive, but perhaps not surprising, considering you never had such a threat to your freedom.

But hey, take this advice from a German for what it's worth.

How convenient...

No hysterics here?....I can practically see the spittle being sprayed onto monitors all across the forum, from usual hysterical suspects.

You chumps are too easy.

And I’m one of the usual suspects?

Thats priceless...

Exactly. It's the democrat party that controls the media and academia.

Well said.

Actually, the Trump fans are nothing but useful idiots for certain big business interests who run right-wing propaganda channels and fake news factories online, blinding parts of the population with patent absurdities and blatant lies, and people like you fall for it. Although it's just the people who own all the money that oppresses just the people who cheer for them. It's sad, really.

Forum List

Back