No charges for Mike Tyson for punching airplane passenger

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Good. Too many people are so disrespectful these days because they aren't getting punched in the face.

Guy must have been drunk off his keister. And he picks a fight with a guy that's still very imposing. Sure, that will work out.

But you are right. Lotsa disrespectful people on planes nowadays.
I remember when getting on a plane just meant holding your nose and
resigning yourself to the fact that the day was going to suck...or you would
have to engage in conversation with a busy body or nervous flier who just wouldn't
shut up. :)

I support the champ in this one and am happy to see this... but we can't send the message that if someone bugs you on a plane you can punch him out... that's not good... he should have gotten a fine at least... maybe a temporary ban from commercial flying for a while...

I support the champ in this one and am happy to see this... but we can't send the message that if someone bugs you on a plane you can punch him out... that's not good... he should have gotten a fine at least... maybe a temporary ban from commercial flying for a while...
Circumstances, and witness's may have lead to LEO discretionary practices... Not everything is as it seems... Not a big Tyson fan but feel he may have been justified this once... But Rambunctious agree about the message being sent, I just hope the message is 'Shut the hell up and sit down if you can't hold your liquor any better than that'...

Last edited:
Maybe the guy was sitting next to Ted Striker and attempting to commit suicide via Tyson. :dunno:

Circumstances, and witness's may have lead to LEO discretionary practices... Not everything is as it seems... Not a big Tyson fan but feel he may have been justified this once... But Rambunctious agree about the message being sent, I just hope the message is 'Shut the hell up and sit down if you can't hold your liquor any better than that'...
We can only hope....

1652246049250.png

What should the harassing passenger have gotten?

Tyson shouldn't have punched the guy -- that is a lawsuit waiting to happen....and I am pretty sure the guy had lawsuit in mind when he was trying to provoke Tyson....
Yeah. Sometimes neither character in a drama is a good guy.

I do love Tyson's all-time great quote: "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face".

:laugh:

Only message it sent was "if you see Mike Tyson don't harass him". Atleast that's all I saw. No one doesn't not know who he is, if you see Mike Tyson and decide to fuck with him then I have no sympathy for what will happen to you.

But really I don't see why he would need to be punished at all. He didn't start anything at all and he gave a measured response because he could have put the guy in a coma or killed him.

The message to take away from this is mind your own business, and show some common courtesy towards others.

What should the harassing passenger have gotten?
Whatever the law calls for... This will happen again but it won't be the champ so what will you say then when people are hurt or worse?...
You cannot allow physical violence on a plane... you must keep in place a harsh penalty for it... or it will keep happening...

Only message it sent was "if you see Mike Tyson don't harass him". Atleast that's all I saw. No one doesn't not know who he is, if you see Mike Tyson and decide to fuck with him then I have no sympathy for what will happen to you.

But really I don't see why he would need to be punished at all. He didn't start anything at all and he gave a measured response because he could have put the guy in a coma or killed him.

The message to take away from this is mind your own business, and show some common courtesy towards others.
The message sent was if you are famous... you are above the law... We seem to keep getting that message lately.... And as much as I like Mike its wrong....

Forum List

Back