no clear leader for the democrats, a generation of failure.

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
noleadership-01.jpg

For Democrats, no clear leader

The Democratic Party has a leadership vacuum at the top, with many registered voters eager to see someone who is not currently on the scene become the party’s standard-bearer in 2020, according to a new Harvard-Harris Poll survey provided exclusively to The Hill.

When registered voters were asked whom they view as the leader of the Democratic Party, 40 percent said it has no leader.

nancy pelosi is a crackpot. who can they possibly pick to lead them out of their darkest and deepest days of sustained failure.

the republicans recovered nicely, but it took awhile.

I think the Democrats ran out of issues years ago and their main trouble isn't coming up with candidates but rather making up new issues. Sort of hard to classify that as failure. Republicans do well in complaining but what ticks me is from what I see all they do is bitch about things and while Democrats take the country 2 steps to the left, we're lucky to get the GOP to take it 1 step back to the right.

noleadership-01.jpg

For Democrats, no clear leader

The Democratic Party has a leadership vacuum at the top, with many registered voters eager to see someone who is not currently on the scene become the party’s standard-bearer in 2020, according to a new Harvard-Harris Poll survey provided exclusively to The Hill.

When registered voters were asked whom they view as the leader of the Democratic Party, 40 percent said it has no leader.

nancy pelosi is a crackpot. who can they possibly pick to lead them out of their darkest and deepest days of sustained failure.

the republicans recovered nicely, but it took awhile.

Cmon! We both know who the leader is, and you refuse to say it the leader of the Democratic Party is--->

FROSTY the SNOWMAN! Who better to lead a bunch of snowflakes into melting, political, obscurity-)

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Right now, the last thing the Democrats need or want is a clear leader. What they need is new blood. A bunch of younger people.

If anybody is the leader it's Chuck Schumer, but he isn't about to run for President.

I think the Democrats ran out of issues years ago and their main trouble isn't coming up with candidates but rather making up new issues. Sort of hard to classify that as failure. Republicans do well in complaining but what ticks me is from what I see all they do is bitch about things and while Democrats take the country 2 steps to the left, we're lucky to get the GOP to take it 1 step back to the right.

The Democrats have plenty of issues to run on. The problem is that they emphasize fringe issues that alienate a huge number of Americans, while de- emphasizing the meat and potatoes issues that use to be the heart of the Democratic party.

Rest assured that if any real leader on "either" side were to ever emerge representing the economic issues of "the people", he/she would very quickly find themselves overrun by concentrated corporate wealth and power. Same as it ever was.

well said, the business of politics has dominated the process. what about switching term length. the senate runs every two years and house members are appointed for life... let the people elect a new supreme court every year...:)

That became especially evident when they rode the gay marriage, men are women, and black lives project blame train.

Right now, the last thing the Democrats need or want is a clear leader. What they need is new blood. A bunch of younger people.
do they have a version of cpac?. that's where i met so many impressive young people. they are why i don't worry about the future.

Rest assured that if any real leader on "either" side were to ever emerge representing the economic issues of "the people", he/she would very quickly find themselves overrun by concentrated corporate wealth and power. Same as it ever was.
i have to agree. that just happened, and the media lost the game for the democrats. trump will do great.

i have to agree. that just happened, and the media lost the game for the democrats. trump will do great.
Goldman Sachs will do well. Same as it ever was, same as it would have been with Hilary.

That became especially evident when they rode the gay marriage, men are women, and black lives project blame train.
ivanka will be the first woman president. she is awesome.
If anybody is the leader it's Chuck Schumer, but he isn't about to run for President.
i really wish they would throw schumer and lindsey graham out with the bathwater.

ivanka will be the first woman president. she is awesome.
i really wish they would throw schumer and lindsey graham out with the bathwater.

Ah yes, Ivanka, oh so awesome.

Goldman Sachs will do well. Same as it ever was, same as it would have been with Hilary.
nice david byrne reference.:cool:

The Democrats have plenty of issues to run on. The problem is that they emphasize fringe issues that alienate a huge number of Americans, while de- emphasizing the meat and potatoes issues that use to be the heart of the Democratic party.

Your post brought back thoughts I had 20 years ago. Back when I thought that if the Democratic party still wanted to represent the working stiff they would do something about all the cheap labor coming in illegally from Mexico. Thanks for the trip down memory lane and I sure do hope the party listens to folks like you and gets back on track. That hope is so minimal with me these days it took you to remind me it was once there.

lol the current leader of the Democratic Party is Trump, who day by day is doing more to advance the Democratic Party's future prospects than anyone.

Forum List

Back