No Evidence

What he is saying now is that the absorbed IR in CO2 that’s handed off via collisions means IR warms the atmosphere.

What do you think the absorbed IR means to the atmosphere?
If more IR is absorbed does that make the atmosphere warmer, cooler, or the same?
Whether it takes 1 step, 2 steps, 3 steps.....37 steps?
It would be the same temperature as the surface. There’s no warmer . I told you before, you believe IR warms the surface it does not.

It would be the same temperature as the surface.

The atmosphere would warm up to the same temperature as the surface. Excellent!

I told you before, you believe IR warms the surface it does not.

IR warms whatever matter absorbs it.
How does that make the surface warmer? Still waiting!

IR does not warm what absorbs it, you could post that evidence!

How does that make the surface warmer?

IR that is absorbed by the surface, warms the surface.

IR does not warm what absorbs it

Why not?

Does it cool matter that absorbs it?
That IR is from the sun, derp

Prove it does!

Yep through conduction and convection and not IR.

That's the latest epicycle?
IR heats the atmosphere through conduction and convection?

Naw, gas does not absorb heat

IR bounces off the gas?
Do the "covailent [sic] bonds" repel the IR?

That’s your statement!
IR bounces off the gas?

Never said that did I? You love make believe.

That’s your statement!

Do GHGs absorb IR emitted by the surface of the Earth?
Do those GHGs then transfer some of that energy to other molecules in the atmosphere via conduction?

Never said that did I?

No. That nugget of idiocy belongs to Billy.
Do those GHGs then transfer some of that energy to other molecules in the atmosphere via conduction?

Most all CO2 collide with O and N molecules. No IR.

How warm do you believe those molecules get?

Some IR hits CO2 and is absorbed, right?
Is it IR after it is?

Once IR is absorbed, the IR is gone.
Because it was absorbed. Right?

That answer is imprecise. IR absorbed by the surface adds to the total energy of the surface. Warming only happens if more energy is going in than coming out.

What do you think the absorbed IR means to the atmosphere?
If more IR is absorbed does that make the atmosphere warmer, cooler, or the same?
Whether it takes 1 step, 2 steps, 3 steps.....37 steps?
It would be the same temperature as the surface. There’s no warmer . I told you before, you believe IR warms the surface it does not.

Why not?

Prove it does!

Most of the solar energy that hits the surface is much more energetic, much shorter wavelength than IR.

Now, you need proof that energy that is absorbed by matter....heats that matter?
Or you just need that proof for IR?

I understand the experiment fine and told you precisely how to invalidate the results...a vent hole in the lid of the jar will result in the temperature of the two jars tracking the same temperature regardless of how much CO2 you put in it
That is stupid. Put in a vent hole and you invalidate the experiment. The densities of the gases in the two jars change as the contents leak out. You are comparing apples to oranges.

That’s your statement!
IR bounces off the gas?

Never said that did I? You love make believe.

That’s your statement!

Never said that did I?

Is it IR after it is?

yep and only about 1% of CO2 emits it. so IR is gone. Again, I'm happy to entertain the first piece of observed material that shows CO2 warming. just one.

Why not?

Prove it does!

Most of the solar energy that hits the surface is much more energetic, much shorter wavelength than IR.

Now, you need proof that energy that is absorbed by matter....heats that matter?
Or you just need that proof for IR?
IR in CO2.

That answer is imprecise. IR absorbed by the surface adds to the total energy of the surface. Warming only happens if more energy is going in than coming out.
there you go again stating that CO2 adds warming to the surface. Naw, it doesn't. The sun is the only heater,

I understand the experiment fine and told you precisely how to invalidate the results...a vent hole in the lid of the jar will result in the temperature of the two jars tracking the same temperature regardless of how much CO2 you put in it
That is stupid. Put in a vent hole and you invalidate the experiment. The densities of the gases in the two jars change as the contents leak out. You are comparing apples to oranges.
holy fk!!

there you go again stating that CO2 adds warming to the surface. Naw, it doesn't. The sun is the only heater,

I've had dogs smarter than you.

I've had dogs smarter than you.
I bet your dogs know that LWIR doesn't make the planet warmer. And you do, so, I'm thinking the dogs are smarter than you. just saying.

Water vapor, water vapour or aqueous vapor is the gaseous phase of water. It is one state of water within the hydrosphere. Water vapor can be produced from the evaporation or boiling of liquid water or from the sublimation of ice. Unlike other forms of water, water vapor is invisible.[4] Under typical atmospheric conditions, water vapor is continuously generated by evaporation and removed by condensation. It is less dense than air and triggers convection currents that can lead to clouds.

You just never get any smarter do you? It says right there that it is the "gaseous phase" of water...it is a state of water...water is not a gas...gaseous is defined as having the characteristics of a gas, but not necessarily being a gas...

Why don't you actually try reading for comprehension once in a while...you might not get your ass handed to you so often..

You are a pathetic fucking idiot. Water vapor is a gas.

Alas skidmark....you are the pathetic idiot...your own source said that water vapor is the gaseous state of water...it is not a gas, it has some of the characteristics of a gas and that is all....sorry...you lose again.

Having embarrassingly fucked up it's time for your usual song and dance. Deny, deny, deny. Claiming that water vapor isn't gas (and making up another phase of matter to do so) is right up there with Billy Bob's magnetic photons. But, you're the one with omniscient matter. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"

phase_diagram_water.jpg

Chemistry

YOU FUCKING STUPID TROLL
the water vapor was creating snowflakes on my windshield this morning. Full blue sky and it was snowing. Water vapor crystallizing from the cold. When does CO2 or any gas in the atmosphere go solid? water vapor is not a gas.

Water vapor, water vapour or aqueous vapor is the gaseous phase of water. It is one state of water within the hydrosphere. Water vapor can be produced from the evaporation or boiling of liquid water or from the sublimation of ice. Unlike other forms of water, water vapor is invisible.[4] Under typical atmospheric conditions, water vapor is continuously generated by evaporation and removed by condensation. It is less dense than air and triggers convection currents that can lead to clouds.

You just never get any smarter do you? It says right there that it is the "gaseous phase" of water...it is a state of water...water is not a gas...gaseous is defined as having the characteristics of a gas, but not necessarily being a gas...

Why don't you actually try reading for comprehension once in a while...you might not get your ass handed to you so often..

Alas skidmark....you are the pathetic idiot...your own source said that water vapor is the gaseous state of water...it is not a gas, it has some of the characteristics of a gas and that is all....sorry...you lose again.

Having embarrassingly fucked up it's time for your usual song and dance. Deny, deny, deny. Claiming that water vapor isn't gas (and making up another phase of matter to do so) is right up there with Billy Bob's magnetic photons. But, you're the one with omniscient matter. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

phase_diagram_water.jpg

Chemistry

YOU FUCKING STUPID TROLL

You are a constant reminder that you just can't fix stupid.....even when you are given clues, you don't get it...

In the simplest possible terms, there are 2 primary differences between vapor and a gas...A vapor has undergone a phase change...a gas has not...Once again, gas is a state of matter...vapor is not...the fact that you don't know that is both sad, and hilarious...

There is a pressure vs temperature curve for the phase transition of a liquid to vapor. Vapor is in equilibrium with the liquid phase underneath it...the same pressure and temperature...the saturation pressure depends on temperature and that dependence is non linear and therefore not consistent with the gas laws....Vapor is not a gas..

Here the engineering tool box...

Water - Saturation Pressure

Engineering and Mining Journal Volume 87, pp 467
Engineering and Mining Journal

"Water vapor is not a gas"

Chapter V – Air, Waternuclear Energy, ELECTRICITY

"It is present everywhere, on our planet, in more or less important quantities, especially in the form of vapor in the « solid » matter and in the air. Water vapor is not a gas, but a burst of liquid water into fine droplets, which can not be transformed into gas without dissociating their components."

Sorry skid mark....water vapor at less than 100C is not a gas....

Doofus...CO2 is heavier than air and is not going to leak out of the top...if you are concerned....put a CO2 detector in the CO2 bottle...

That’s your statement!

Never said that did I?

Is it IR after it is?

yep and only about 1% of CO2 emits it. so IR is gone. Again, I'm happy to entertain the first piece of observed material that shows CO2 warming. just one.

yep and only about 1% of CO2 emits it. so IR is gone.

Yep. It did its job and warmed the atmosphere. Because it was absorbed and didn't instantly escape into space.

I'm happy to entertain the first piece of observed material that shows CO2 warming.

You just admitted it absorbed energy. You need proof that matter is warmed by absorbing energy?

That answer is imprecise.

Precision is wasted on him.
facts are wasted on you.

Says the SSDD sycophant. LOL!

phase_diagram_water.jpg

Chemistry

YOU FUCKING STUPID TROLL

You are a constant reminder that you just can't fix stupid.....even when you are given clues, you don't get it...

In the simplest possible terms, there are 2 primary differences between vapor and a gas...A vapor has undergone a phase change...a gas has not...Once again, gas is a state of matter...vapor is not...the fact that you don't know that is both sad, and hilarious...

There is a pressure vs temperature curve for the phase transition of a liquid to vapor. Vapor is in equilibrium with the liquid phase underneath it...the same pressure and temperature...the saturation pressure depends on temperature and that dependence is non linear and therefore not consistent with the gas laws....Vapor is not a gas..

Here the engineering tool box...

Water - Saturation Pressure

Engineering and Mining Journal Volume 87, pp 467
Engineering and Mining Journal

"Water vapor is not a gas"

Chapter V – Air, Waternuclear Energy, ELECTRICITY

"It is present everywhere, on our planet, in more or less important quantities, especially in the form of vapor in the « solid » matter and in the air. Water vapor is not a gas, but a burst of liquid water into fine droplets, which can not be transformed into gas without dissociating their components."

Sorry skid mark....water vapor at less than 100C is not a gas....

In the simplest possible terms, there are 2 primary differences between vapor and a gas...A vapor has undergone a phase change...a gas has not...

When liquid N2 evaporates, has it undergone a phase change? LOL!

Forum List

Back