'No Man Left Behind'? Obama administration abandons another American...

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
After the news broke that Obama had cut a deal for the release of American hostages, after $400 million in multiple foreign currencies, in order to avoid US law that prohibits trafficking with Iran in US dollars, was loaded onto an unmarked plane - instead of a wire transfer because Iran demanded CASH be delivered - and flown to Iran in the middle of the night as a ransom for the release of American hostages, liberals celebrated another successful Obama-Iran deal.

The families of the Americans were not concerned, understandably, that Obama violated the standing rule that the US does not pay ransoms or make concessions for the release of US prisoners - they were just happy their loved ones were coming home....

...well MOST of them.

Hours after reports surfaced that the U.S. government discreetly airlifted $400 million to Iran in January just as long-held American hostages in the Islamic Republic were being released – a payment some have called a “ransom” – the son of a man still thought to be held in Iran is asking why his dad wasn’t part of the deal.

Like the other family members who had loved ones held by Iran 'Dan Levinson isn’t questioning the purpose of the money; he just wants to know why his father hasn’t come home'.

As part of this [Iran nuclear deal], Iran promised to do everything they could to bring my dad home and so far they haven’t followed up,” Levinson told Greta Van Susteren during "On the Record" Wednesday night. “I went over there, they didn’t have any answers.”

Levinson’s father, Bob Levinson, an ex-FBI agent and CIA contractor, disappeared on an Iranian island in March 2007. Iran has never admitted to holding Bob Levinson captive, which his son thinks could be the major hurdle in bringing his father back.

Let's be honest for a moment...Bob Levinson is an ex-FBI agent and CIA contractor who was caught in Iran spying for the US government. After he was caught - as US Intelligence knows - Iran tortured the shite out of him, mistreated him badly, and moved him around. In all honesty Bob Levinson is for all intents and purposes probably dead. He has probably been dead for some time now.

As such I do not expect Obama to bring him home. I do expect, however, for him to do all that is within his power not to abandon an American citizen, to bring his body home, or - if nothing else - demand answers from Iran. He could make it clear that whatever happened to him, as he was caught spying, is 'understandable' and at this point his family just deserves, if nothing else, answers.

$400 million should have been enough to get Iran to release the Americans they did as well as a status on Mr. Levinson.

Son of ex-FBI Agent Levinson: Why didn't $400M payment to Iran free my dad? | Fox News

Maybe Hillary will blame a video and / or call his son a liar... :p

Yeah, Libs don't care that Obama and Hillary make it a habit of avandoning Americans...

Well, since the guy wasn't included in this ransom, I suppose Obama would be willing to trade some more terrorists for the guy or the details of what happened to him.

Money for terrorists. People will die due to this; and it'll be much more than one man. So, yea, I don't think Obama gave a sh** about that.

Forum List

Back