No Missiles For Hezbollah

MJB12741, et al,

I'm not sure!

I really don't think Israel much cares who winds up ruling Syria.
(COMMENT)

I tend to think that in a time before the 1983 bombing of the Marine barracks in Beirut, Lebanon, by Lebanese terrorists, directed and controlled by Iran, Israel has seen a need to suppress the activities of Hezbollah and (if possible) to cut their umbilical with the IRCG-QF --- retarding their ability to receive illicit weapons and munitions.

It might be possible for Israel to accomplish two goals here.

There might be an opportunity here for the IDF to demonstrate that Israel does not want to fight against the people of Syrian, and to assit them in their struggle against the dictatorship of the Assad Regime.

The Assad Regime is a benefactor to Hezbollah. IRCG-QF is a benefactor to both Hezbollah and the Assad Regime.

By striking either Hezbollah, the IRCG-QF, or the Assad Regime, Israel also assists the Free Syrian Army; the very people that Israel would rather have good relations with, then bad.

Most Respectfully,
R

I certtainly agree with most of what you say here. The big gamble is that if Israel backs the rebels, Israel may end up with al Qaeda to deal with for any prospects of peace rather than the Free Syrian Army faction of the rebels.

MJB12741, et al,

I'm not sure!

I really don't think Israel much cares who winds up ruling Syria.
(COMMENT)

I tend to think that in a time before the 1983 bombing of the Marine barracks in Beirut, Lebanon, by Lebanese terrorists, directed and controlled by Iran, Israel has seen a need to suppress the activities of Hezbollah and (if possible) to cut their umbilical with the IRCG-QF --- retarding their ability to receive illicit weapons and munitions.

It might be possible for Israel to accomplish two goals here.

There might be an opportunity here for the IDF to demonstrate that Israel does not want to fight against the people of Syrian, and to assit them in their struggle against the dictatorship of the Assad Regime.

The Assad Regime is a benefactor to Hezbollah. IRCG-QF is a benefactor to both Hezbollah and the Assad Regime.

By striking either Hezbollah, the IRCG-QF, or the Assad Regime, Israel also assists the Free Syrian Army; the very people that Israel would rather have good relations with, then bad.

Most Respectfully,
R

I think there is a class point your side often misses in these situations, Rocco.
Are you trying to say all Americans, Russians, Israelis, Syrians and Lebanese and Persians stand to gain or lose to the same extent as the richest 1% of the aforementioned people?

For example, how would you critique this "trap between delusions of total victory and its true consequences?"

"by: Deepak Tripathi is a British historian of the Cold War, the Middle East and the United States in the post-Soviet world. His latest books Imperial Designs: War, Humiliation and the Making of History (Potomac Books, imprint of the University of Nebraska Press) and A Journey Through Turbulence (Dignity University Press)..."

"The outcome of the recent Moscow visit of President Obama’s new secretary of state John Kerry is instructive.

"America’s agreement with Russia that they co-sponsor an international conference to find a negotiated settlement raised some eyebrows in Washington and among U.S. allies in Europe and the Arab world.

"President Vladimir Putin seemed to have prevailed in his insistence that Assad’s exit cannot be a precondition. But this precondition is the starting point for the Syrian rebels and many of their foreign supporters who have a wider Middle East agenda.

"A commentary in Italy’s rightwing publication Il Geornale said in its headline, 'Obama’s Defeat: To Pacify Syria He Is In Cahoots With Putin...'"

"s for Russia, Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov maintains that Moscow is “not planning to supply Syria with any weapons beyond the current contracts,” which, he says, are “for defensive purposes.” Russia’s message to Washington, delivered a year ago, continues to be “hands off Syria and Iran.” Obama continues his rhetorical maneuvers. And the war goes on."

George and Sherri and others have decided to side with the poor.
Which side is the CIA on?

America?s Syrian Riddle » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names
If Georgie Boy and Frau Sherri really sided with the poor, instead of spending day and night on forums bashing America and Israel, they would be out doing their bit for the poor in their own towns. How many times have you collected food for the needy, Georgie Boy; how many times have you volunteered in food pantries or food kitchens; how many times have you assisted some immigrant in your own Pico-Union neighborhood in learning to read English? There are many things that people who are true humanitarians can do to help the needy, and sitting in front of a computer day and night is not the way they do it. And they certain do not constantly whine about people who have money because they might have very little. Why not get away from your computer for a while and take a bus downtown to the L.A. Mission where they will be appreciative of your help.
How many hours a week do you volunteer anywhere, Killer?
What relevance do your hours or mine have to do this particular topic?
I've never volunteered to inflict misery upon innocent human beings, unlike yourself.
Your victims are highly appreciative.

Agent Orange: Birth defects plague Vietnam; U.S. slow to help - chicagotribune.com

georgephillip, et al,

You are trying to suggest that the political outcome of the civil war will be driven by the a class distinction [rich 'vs' poor]. The distribution of wealth in Syria is not the same as in the US.

I think there is a class point your side often misses in these situations, Rocco.
Are you trying to say all Americans, Russians, Israelis, Syrians and Lebanese and Persians stand to gain or lose to the same extent as the richest 1% of the aforementioned people?
(COMMENT)

While there will be an economic impact on the Syrian economy, the damage will happen no matter which side, internally, wins or loses. In the Syrian economy, the main countries that Syria conducts export trade with are Iraq, Lebanon, Germany, Saudi Arabia, and Italy in that order of magnitude.

On the import side, China, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE, Italy, South Korea, Germany, Russia (4.2%), Lebanon (4.1%), Egypt.

None of the countries you mentioned are going to make any money on Syria --- no matter who wins. Syria's economy is rather peaked.

For example, how would you critique this "trap between delusions of total victory and its true consequences?"
(COMMENT)

There are no real victors in a Civil War. Some just lose less than others. But the economic poor are on the front of the rebel forces.

If you support the Assad Regime, you are not fighting on the side of the poor citizenry.

SYRIAN REBELS IN ALEPPO MOSTLY POOR said:
ALEPPO, Syria (AP) — Most of the rebels fighting government forces in the city of Aleppo fit a specific mold: They're poor, religiously conservative and usually come from the underdeveloped countryside nearby.

SOURCE: Syrian rebels in Aleppo mostly poor, pious, rural
OR
Revolt of the underclass: Syria rebels carry fury born of marginalization - World News

(COMMENT)

No, I don't think this is correct. I think they chose the side which the Palestinians support.

What aid the US has arranged has gone to Rebel Free-Syria forces (the poor).

Most Respectfully,
R
Why are rich Saudi parasites funding the Free Syrian Poor?

georgephillip, et al,

Two reasons.

(COMMENT)

First, because we asked them. And it appeals to them to be supportive of the common people that face a draconian dictator. The Royal Family of Saudi Arabia is not a parasitic in any fashion.

Second, because Saudi Arabia is a Kingdom and not a Dictatorship. HRH King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia is a King interested in the people; in many respects, he wants and needs the support of the common people. HRH has implemented a number of reforms (both social and economic) and has shown his support by contributing to a number of public projects and program that benefit the general population or appeal to the citizenry. HRH is a benevolent King, a chevalier in his own right; and part of the legacy HRH will leave behind for his family to further build upon.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
Get serious George? Saudi Arabia is far more concerned about a nuclear Iran & Islamic terrorist organizations in Syria than Israel is. In fact, Saudia Arabia previously granted the use of their air space for Israel to launch an attack on Iran. Nice to know somebody besides Israel wants peace in the Middle East. Don't you agree?

georgephillip, et al,

You are trying to suggest that the political outcome of the civil war will be driven by the a class distinction [rich 'vs' poor]. The distribution of wealth in Syria is not the same as in the US.

(COMMENT)

While there will be an economic impact on the Syrian economy, the damage will happen no matter which side, internally, wins or loses. In the Syrian economy, the main countries that Syria conducts export trade with are Iraq, Lebanon, Germany, Saudi Arabia, and Italy in that order of magnitude.

On the import side, China, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE, Italy, South Korea, Germany, Russia (4.2%), Lebanon (4.1%), Egypt.

None of the countries you mentioned are going to make any money on Syria --- no matter who wins. Syria's economy is rather peaked.

(COMMENT)

There are no real victors in a Civil War. Some just lose less than others. But the economic poor are on the front of the rebel forces.

If you support the Assad Regime, you are not fighting on the side of the poor citizenry.

(COMMENT)

No, I don't think this is correct. I think they chose the side which the Palestinians support.

What aid the US has arranged has gone to Rebel Free-Syria forces (the poor).

Most Respectfully,
R

MJB...why would rich Saudis worry about a "nuclear-armed" Iran when they shelter under the nuclear umbrella of the greatest purveyor of violence on the planet? If Israel truly seeks to apologize for its many acts of terror since 1948, wouldn't you think an apology to all surviving members of the USS Liberty would be a good place to start?

georgephillip,

They did.

MJB...why would rich Saudis worry about a "nuclear-armed" Iran when they shelter under the nuclear umbrella of the greatest purveyor of violence on the planet? If Israel truly seeks to apologize for its many acts of terror since 1948, wouldn't you think an apology to all surviving members of the USS Liberty would be a good place to start?
(COMMENT)

LINK ---> The USS Liberty: Case Closed

"Israel apologized for the tragedy immediately and offered on June 9 to compensate the victims. Israel ultimately paid nearly $13 million in humanitarian reparations to the United States and to the families of the victims in amounts established by the U.S. State Department. The matter was officially closed between the two governments by an exchange of diplomatic notes on December 17, 1987. "

LINK ---> USS Liberty incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"In May 1968, the Israeli government paid US$3,323,500 as full payment to the families of the 34 men killed in the attack. In March 1969, Israel paid a further $3,566,457 in compensation to the men who had been wounded. On 18 December 1980, it agreed to pay $6 million as settlement for the U.S. claim of $7,644,146 for material damage to the Liberty itself.[8]"

v/r
R

georgephillip, et al,

Two reasons.

(COMMENT)

First, because we asked them. And it appeals to them to be supportive of the common people that face a draconian dictator. The Royal Family of Saudi Arabia is not a parasitic in any fashion.

Second, because Saudi Arabia is a Kingdom and not a Dictatorship. HRH King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia is a King interested in the people; in many respects, he wants and needs the support of the common people. HRH has implemented a number of reforms (both social and economic) and has shown his support by contributing to a number of public projects and program that benefit the general population or appeal to the citizenry. HRH is a benevolent King, a chevalier in his own right; and part of the legacy HRH will leave behind for his family to further build upon.

Most Respectfully,
R
Obviously, HRH has the same commitment to human rights today as Israel did on 8 June 1967:

"Dissidents have been detained as political prisoners in Saudi Arabia during the 1990s, 2000s and 2010s.[1] Protests and sit-ins calling for political prisoners to be released took place during the 2011–2012 Saudi Arabian protests in many cities throughout Saudi Arabia,[2][3][4][5][6] with security forces firing live bullets in the air on 19 August 2012 at a protest at al-Ha'ir Prison.[7]

"As of 2012, recent estimates of the number of political prisoners in Mabahith prisons range from a denial of any political prisoners at all by the Ministry of Interior,[3][8] to 30,000 by the UK-based Islamic Human Rights Commission[1] and the BBC[9]."

There is only one way an hereditary economic elite can rule its citizenry and it has little to do with supporting human rights.

Political prisoners in Saudi Arabia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

georgephillip, et al,

HRH is an Arab and is a Muslim. Obviously, this will influence the way the King governs.

Two reasons.

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
Obviously, HRH has the same commitment to human rights today as Israel did on 8 June 1967:

"Dissidents have been detained as political prisoners in Saudi Arabia during the 1990s, 2000s and 2010s.[1] Protests and sit-ins calling for political prisoners to be released took place during the 2011–2012 Saudi Arabian protests in many cities throughout Saudi Arabia,[2][3][4][5][6] with security forces firing live bullets in the air on 19 August 2012 at a protest at al-Ha'ir Prison.[7]

"As of 2012, recent estimates of the number of political prisoners in Mabahith prisons range from a denial of any political prisoners at all by the Ministry of Interior,[3][8] to 30,000 by the UK-based Islamic Human Rights Commission[1] and the BBC[9]."

There is only one way an hereditary economic elite can rule its citizenry and it has little to do with supporting human rights.

Political prisoners in Saudi Arabia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(COMMENT)

Is this unusual in the region for any government? No!

Different nations require individualized approaches. HRH uses the tools, the experience, and the approach that best suits his subjects and the customary law. Changes are not made over night.

(COMMENT)

Well, I am not a King; nor the son of a King having the benefit of first hand training in Kingship. My instinct tells me that there is more to it than that. I would image that HRH has a great insight into what his people need, and what they expect. HRH will know what needs the stern hand, and what requires a soft hand. He will know the Muslim Law, traditional and customary, and what flexibility he has.

My instinct tells me there is no real "only one way an hereditary economic elite can rule." That there are many aspects to consider; with very few situations where one-shoe fits all. I suspect that it takes more than a simple man to exercise the many responsibilities required of a Kingdom such as Saudi Arabia. It is a very intricate nation, with many facets; family-wise, religious, economic, military, political and industrially. As an outside observer, I think HRH has quite a task in blending these considerations all together and forging a 21st Century Saudi Arabia. But I believe, personal opinion, that HRH King Abdullah has balance these many facets together - rather spectacularly given the challenges presented.

We may not agree with the positions HRH takes (politically or otherwise), or even like the nature and culture of the Kingdom. But it's not our Kingdom; but rather, it is his. And it would appear that he has maneuvered through the many obstacles, that the nation has face, very well.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
mr R---I have no doubt that the SAUDI KING is benevolent---and no doubt
that he is STUCK in a really superannuated system. I have no doubt that
you are trying to express that fact -----BUT I also have no doubt that
some of the super-elite and advantaged in that system will----no matter
what happens want to CLING to the SUPER ADVANTAGES. There is no reason to be optimistic and believe that the inheritors were be all that
benevolent. As far as I understand the saudi system ----the EXTENSIVE
"royal" family owns just about everything-----thousands of princes and
princesses can create thousands of problems

"by: Deepak Tripathi is a British historian of the Cold War, the Middle East and the United States in the post-Soviet world. His latest books Imperial Designs: War, Humiliation and the Making of History (Potomac Books, imprint of the University of Nebraska Press) and A Journey Through Turbulence (Dignity University Press)..."

"The outcome of the recent Moscow visit of President Obama’s new secretary of state John Kerry is instructive.

"America’s agreement with Russia that they co-sponsor an international conference to find a negotiated settlement raised some eyebrows in Washington and among U.S. allies in Europe and the Arab world.

"President Vladimir Putin seemed to have prevailed in his insistence that Assad’s exit cannot be a precondition. But this precondition is the starting point for the Syrian rebels and many of their foreign supporters who have a wider Middle East agenda.

"A commentary in Italy’s rightwing publication Il Geornale said in its headline, 'Obama’s Defeat: To Pacify Syria He Is In Cahoots With Putin...'"

"s for Russia, Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov maintains that Moscow is “not planning to supply Syria with any weapons beyond the current contracts,” which, he says, are “for defensive purposes.” Russia’s message to Washington, delivered a year ago, continues to be “hands off Syria and Iran.” Obama continues his rhetorical maneuvers. And the war goes on."

If Georgie Boy and Frau Sherri really sided with the poor, instead of spending day and night on forums bashing America and Israel, they would be out doing their bit for the poor in their own towns. How many times have you collected food for the needy, Georgie Boy; how many times have you volunteered in food pantries or food kitchens; how many times have you assisted some immigrant in your own Pico-Union neighborhood in learning to read English? There are many things that people who are true humanitarians can do to help the needy, and sitting in front of a computer day and night is not the way they do it. And they certain do not constantly whine about people who have money because they might have very little. Why not get away from your computer for a while and take a bus downtown to the L.A. Mission where they will be appreciative of your help.
I've never volunteered to inflict misery upon innocent human beings, unlike yourself.

Agent Orange: Birth defects plague Vietnam; U.S. slow to help - chicagotribune.com
It is quite obvious that Georgie Boy thinks it more important to man his computer posting away to bash Israel, the U.S., the U.S. military, and those he calls the "rich" day and night instead of helping the common man in his own area for a short time each day Why not tell everyone again how you even faked a bad back to get out of basic training after only ten days because you, a grown man, got homesick. I guess Georgie Boy, the wuss, has no problems with his back bent over his computer. But keep on bringing up Vietnam, Georgie Boy. It shows the viewers how desperate you are that you keep on bringing up something that happened years ago when so much is going on today

George, we already know you are anti-American. But what does Viet Nam have to do with the subject of missiles to Hezbollah?

QUUOTE=georgephillip;7243950]

Agent Orange: Birth defects plague Vietnam; U.S. slow to help - chicagotribune.com[/QUOTE]

What's the common denominator?

I suggest we start with the three biggest money producing enterprises on this planet and see how the greatest purveyor of violence on this planet manipulates arms sales, oil sales, and illegal drug sales in order to concentrate 20% of the planet's wealth in the hands of about 4% of the planet's citizens.

And that's the good news.

The richest 1% of citizens living in the greatest purveyor of violence on the planet own about 34% of "their" country's total wealth and the next 19% of citizens own about 50% of the wealth.

The Vietnamese and Hezbollah and 80% of the rest of the planet are pawns in a game where the richest 20% of humanity benefit economically from industrialized violence like that visited upon Vietnam by the US Marines and the IDF war crimes perpetrated in southern Lebanon.

I suggest we start with the three biggest money producing enterprises on this planet and see how the greatest purveyor of violence on this planet manipulates arms sales, oil sales, and illegal drug sales in order to concentrate 20% of the planet's wealth in the hands of about 4% of the planet's citizens.

The richest 1% of citizens living in the greatest purveyor of violence on the planet own about 34% of "their" country's total wealth and the next 19% of citizens own about 50% of the wealth.

The Vietnamese and Hezbollah and 80% of the rest of the planet are pawns in a game where the richest 20% of humanity benefit economically from industrialized violence like that visited upon Vietnam by the US Marines and the IDF war crimes perpetrated in southern Lebanon.
Looks like Georgie Boy needs a change of location. He doesn't appear to enjoy living in this country which he constantly calls "the greatest purveyor of violence on this planet." I believe he can take his Social Security check with him to some little town in Mexico where he will be able to live like a king and will stop obsessing over those he calls "rich." On the other hand, maybe Georgie Boy would enjoy living in some Muslim country like Yemen where his checks will also go far. I think he will have to buy himself a prayer mat to fit in though to be on the safe side.

Beats me why George stays here in a country he detests. Is he a glutton for punishment?

Looks like Georgie Boy needs a change of location. He doesn't appear to enjoy living in this country which he constantly calls "the greatest purveyor of violence on this planet." I believe he can take his Social Security check with him to some little town in Mexico where he will be able to live like a king and will stop obsessing over those he calls "rich." On the other hand, maybe Georgie Boy would enjoy living in some Muslim country like Yemen where his checks will also go far. I think he will have to buy himself a prayer mat to fit in though to be on the safe side.

Israel is absolutely legally, ethically, and morally right in its missile strikes.
Not according to Article 51 of the UN Charter.
Tuff dat, you know, and, oh yes, Israel defended itself from the forces of seven Arab nations.

And the wusses still lost. And lost again. And again.

The USA will always support Israel, so guess what, hey.

We are called Israel Strong.

JakeStarkey, et al,

Well, not exactly.

Israel is absolutely legally, ethically, and morally right in its missile strikes.
Not according to Article 51 of the UN Charter.

Tuff dat, you know, and, oh yes, Israel defended itself from the forces of seven Arab nations.

And the wusses still lost. And lost again. And again.

The USA will always support Israel, so guess what, hey.

We are called Israel Strong.
(COMMENT)

You have to ask the questions: (Basic Interrogatives)

Yes, Syria and Lebanon can make formal complaints. But then the ICJ Investigation would surely discover the involvement of Iranian Missiles, in violation of the export sanctions. Both Syria and Lebanon would have to admit to allowing the illicite shipments, and thus be subject to sanctions themselves.

No, I don't think they want to do that.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:

Forum List

Back