No more Democrat Party in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the Democrats in the 1800's defended slavery you're going to punish modern day Democrats?

You forget that in the 1960's blacks started joining the Democratic party and then all those white racist Democrats joined the Republican party.

Think about this. Which party objected to MLK day? That's all you have to know to realize the parties switched on racism. It used to be Democrats but now the KKK votes GOP.

The King holiday used to be controversial, only passing the House more than 10 years after Rep. John Conyers Jr. (D-Mich.) filed the first bill calling for a day to commemorate the slain civil rights icon. The measure eventually passed in 1983. Ninety representatives and 22 senators voted against it. All Republicans.

FAST FORWARD TO 2015. THERE WERE STILL REPUBLICANS WHO ARGUED AGAINST MLK DAY.

There were only six members of Congress who voted against creating a national holiday for King. Another small handful did so at the state level. All Republicans

The six who cast votes against the national holiday are all Republicans: Sens. Richard Shelby (Ala.), Chuck Grassley (Iowa), John McCain (Ariz.) and Orrin Hatch (Utah), as well as Reps. Jim Sensenbrenner (Wis.) and Hal Rogers (Ky.). Shelby cast his vote as a Democrat, before he switched parties.

Steve Klein, a spokesman for the Martin Luther King Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change, said that the dwindling number of Republican lawmakers opposing the holiday shows progress.

r
It's no different than pulling down a historical statue of a civil war general. You trying to eliminate history by making visible vestiges of it disappear.
Completely retarded and yet it's right on the same level as this proposed legislation which is I think more logical Than pulling a statue down.

Sure buddy your black power fist isn't communist inspired at all.

Poor Rusty.....

1677881971186.jpeg

It's like they were kneeling, only worse.........But they got in a lot more trouble than a um, whathisname again......Oh yeah Kappy.

You should get your mommy to get you outta the tree LOL
See that's the difference between you and me Lil Rus. You have to do fantasy and make believe to make fun of me. You did come here with crayon drawings like a little boy. That happened in real life. I dont have to pretend. 😂

This has nothing to do with the CSA, but with "trolling DaLibs." Do Floridians really think taxpayer dollars should be spent on this and defending the inevitable lawsuits?

On a policy basis do we think its an honorable move even to joke about banning opposing parties, much less introducing actual legislation to do so? Is that the kind of Republic you want to have?

This has nothing to do with the CSA, but with "trolling DaLibs." Do Floridians really think taxpayer dollars should be spent on this and defending the inevitable lawsuits?

On a policy basis do we think its an honorable move even to joke about banning opposing parties, much less introducing actual legislation to do so? Is that the kind of Republic you want to have?
It is the type of society Republicans want.

Good idea. Punish the whites who's ancestors owned slaves and since you agree modern day whites need to pay then you must also agree that blacks today deserve compensation.
There are other cultures that owned slaves. Kamala must pay also. Go to Europe on this issue and find out who the buyers and sellers were by individual names at that time in history. The owners of the ships and the captains names would help also.

Good idea. Punish the whites who's ancestors owned slaves and since you agree modern day whites need to pay then you must also agree that blacks today deserve compensation.
Why should people living today pay for something they had nothing to do with? My family fled a famine in Ireland the other half sold as slaves themselves after Culloden. No brings them up in the reparations talks. Because we've gotten the fuck over it!

If you're alive in the US today (and not sex trafficked by cartels) you've never been a slave

There is real slavery happening in lithium mines and in diamond/rare metal mines in Africa yet you support that with your green energy nonsense.

So how about all you shitlibs who want to pay stop buying computers, cell phones and electric vehicles. Take all your jewellery and give it to blacks and stfu

So history for us has to be distorted and destroyed but yours "doesn't mean that at the time" LOL ok
That article you posted listed several uses of a raised fist from other countries at different times, so who is trying to distort there meaning at least in 1968. You say it the commies and I say it's anti-colonialism. It's protest symbol that caused great anxiety at the time. I don't know what it means to the youngins of today. Maybe they'll speak up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back