No, Samantha Bee's vulgarity isn't equivalent to Roseanne Barr's racism

Being foul-mouthed is not the same as a white person calling a black person an ape, or a Jewish Holocaust survivor a Nazi.

It’s sad that I need to explain this, but being racist and spreading anti-Semitic propaganda is worse. Much, much worse.

Why? Because Barr’s comments belittle an entire race of people and help spread paranoid fear of a Jewish global order. Dehumanizing entire groups of people as such puts them in danger of violent reprisal, and helps to justify the stripping of their civil rights.

There is no such inherent threat in Bee's vulgarity. Rather, equating crudeness with Roseanne's outlandish tweets normalizes racism and anti-Semitism.

That the White House would issue a full-throated condemnation of Bee while the president offered a dog-whistling defense of Barr speaks volumes.

Liberals have no problem turning on their own when they deserve it. See Kathy Griffin, Al Franken, Aziz Anzari, Lena Dunham … the list goes on.

This is not one of those cases.

Besides, if conservatives genuinely think dropping the C-bomb on TV is a firable offense — and they aren’t just culture war trolling — there’s a big fat target for their ire sitting in the White House.

I have no problem with vulgarity but do have a problem with racism.

You can compare anyone in the world with a ape, but you better not compare a black with an ape? WTF you black folks need to turn in that damn race card, y’all are the only ones that use race as a crutch, if you don’t get what you want it must be racist, you don’t get hired it must be racist,
I sitting here now watching the evening news and all the suspected criminals are all black, must be racist.
Gets old!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ted Nugent called Hillary Clinton the "C" word and no one said anything, and in fact Trump invited him to the White House afterwards. Why is he different than Samantha Bee?
Nugent did have a show that people could take away, so there wasn't much of a reason to go after him.

...he got rewarded by Trump by being invited to the White House. If that isn't hypocritical I don't know what is.

I agree.

What Bee said was vulgar...not racist.

Anyone who thinks that a racist comment is as bad as an insult (even the 'c' word) is clearly racist themselves.

Sexist comments are every bit as damaging to the Gender as Racist comments are to the race. Anyone thinks differently hates women.

See how that works?

LOL

I see you need to learn what words mean.

School is in:

First Lesson: calling someone a body part (a c*** or a dick or as ass) is not - in and of itself - an insult.
Ivanka Trump has a vagina (a c***). So the insult is only as deep as the person receiving it wishes to interpret it. Someone calls me a dick - means nothing to me. I have a dick - so why should I take it personally? I know women who take being called a **** VERY personally and others could care less.
However, comparing an African American to a monkey means to compare a human to a lower form of life. That is a TOTALLY different kind of statement. That is a deliberate attempt to dehumanize a human being.
If you cannot see the difference between calling someone a body part that they possess (Ivanka Trump does possess a 'c***') or deliberately dehumanizing a human - then you probably are mega-stupid. Or at the very least, mega-ignorant.

Second Lesson: 'Hate' is an emotion. Racism is a belief.
You do not know me personally - so you have not the foggiest idea what I do or do not hate unless I state as such. I do not hate either women or Ivanka Trump (or any human for that matter). And since you cannot know what I feel, you cannot (accurately) factually state whom I do or do not hate.
I.E. your statement that I 'hate' women is both baseless and ridiculous.
Racism is different. One does not have to know what someone feels to know someone is racist. If I compare African American's to monkeys...at the very least, I just made a racist statement. And it is highly likely that someone whop would make such a statement IS a racist.

School is out.

I have little doubt that most of it went completely over your head, but hey...I tried.

Have a wonderful day.

Hate is an emotion and obviously you hate women.

Pop23 just got an A+ and will be teaching the remainder of the School year.

I was right...it did go right over your head.

What a shock...not.

You have nothing....you could prove NOTHING that I said was wrong. So you ignored the whole thing and just made some silly, emotional, factless response.

Typical low-IQ Trumpbot.

You are clearly nothing but a racist, low IQ troll. And I try not to waste time on trolls...especially low IQ one's (mine is 125, BTW).

I shall not read any further replies to me from you on this subject.

To the Second-Rate, the Ding Dongs of the Bell Curve are Pleasant Chimes

You bring up Low IQs but don't recognize the truth of the Bell Curve. And 125 makes you a B student jealous of A students, so vindictiveness is your motivation for championing the F students.

Being foul-mouthed is not the same as a white person calling a black person an ape, or a Jewish Holocaust survivor a Nazi.

It’s sad that I need to explain this, but being racist and spreading anti-Semitic propaganda is worse. Much, much worse.

Why? Because Barr’s comments belittle an entire race of people and help spread paranoid fear of a Jewish global order. Dehumanizing entire groups of people as such puts them in danger of violent reprisal, and helps to justify the stripping of their civil rights.

There is no such inherent threat in Bee's vulgarity. Rather, equating crudeness with Roseanne's outlandish tweets normalizes racism and anti-Semitism.

That the White House would issue a full-throated condemnation of Bee while the president offered a dog-whistling defense of Barr speaks volumes.

Liberals have no problem turning on their own when they deserve it. See Kathy Griffin, Al Franken, Aziz Anzari, Lena Dunham … the list goes on.

This is not one of those cases.

Besides, if conservatives genuinely think dropping the C-bomb on TV is a firable offense — and they aren’t just culture war trolling — there’s a big fat target for their ire sitting in the White House.

Heaven forbid you should have a problem with both...

the fact that stupid people have TV shows doesn't bother me. it's called California. but there's such a divide in our country that people are not thinking anymore!

Trump doesn't want her to be fired because it benefits his popularity!

Ted Nugent called Hillary Clinton the "C" word and no one said anything, and in fact Trump invited him to the White House afterwards. Why is he different than Samantha Bee?

She is represented by ABC for one

-Geaux

Nugent did have a show that people could take away, so there wasn't much of a reason to go after him.

...he got rewarded by Trump by being invited to the White House. If that isn't hypocritical I don't know what is.
I doubt anyone would be talking about Samantha, if it wasn't on the heals of Rosanne being fired. The right is pointing out the selective outrage from the left. I think it's fair, and while both sides are hypocrites at times, right now it's the dems being hypocrites.

Hypocritical bigotry good, racism bad.

Could be the Dem's new campaign slogan.

Did you note Roseann's defense? She said she thought that the bitch was white. So that would have made it OK?

The libtards are having a meltdown and I am simply hypnotized by it all.

DeoO3BcVMAAr0WV.jpg
So why don't you track those fuckers down and get them fired at their jobs????

What stereotypical black traits does the Condi Rice cartoon portray?

Playing dumb Comrade?

Oh, you're not playing.

I thought leftist Stalinist Trump was supposed to be against the Gulf War, so it's probably o.k. for you to mock her. Do it, she is against Trump.

Herpaderpaderpityderp

Fucking Stalinists....

Really Lewd?

You Stalinists lost your shit and wanted Ted killed, as I recall...

Trump has been called worse. It would be the same if Ted had called Chelsea a ****. Big Difference.

Really Lewd?

I know this is hard for you to understand... but Trump is talking shit about Samantha Bee using that about Ivanka, but had no problem Nugent using the same word about Hillary.

Really Lewd?

I know this is hard for you to understand... but Trump is talking shit about Samantha Bee using that about Ivanka, but had no problem Nugent using the same word about Hillary.
I know its hard for your to understand...Ivanka is not a candidate. Hillary was. So was Sarah Palin and she was called a lot worse. If Chelsea was called a the "C" word holding a baby, then its the same thing.

Really Lewd?

I know its hard for your to understand...Ivanka is not a candidate. Hillary was. So was Sarah Palin and she was called a lot worse. If Chelsea was called a the "C" word holding a baby, then its the same thing.

It doesn't matter. They are both someone's daughter, sister, mother... they are both people.

Oh, he is talking shit about her....

Yeah, it's not the leftist scumbag, it's Trump...

iu

Did you note Roseann's defense? She said she thought that the bitch was white. So that would have made it OK?

I find the whole thing to be very entertaining. It completely trashes the Left narrative as being the party of "minorities," like blacks, Jews, and women. They're calling each other apes and cvnts and trying to out-virtue the other. Situational ethics in the political arena. Which one is worse doesn't matter. They're all bad.

Trump has them all doing Wrestle Mania.

The bitch IS white.

iu

Shge is the offspring of several mixed race parents, as I understand it, but she has always considered herself as black.

I thought she was IRanian, lol.

Oh, he is talking shit about her....

Yeah, it's not the leftist scumbag, it's Trump...

iu

You can't come up with a good response so this is what you've got?

So you think the use of the C-word depends on if someone is running for political office or not?

You need to get your own straight jacket.

Forum List

Back