No Tax on Tips is a brilliant political strategy i.e. Trump relates to the rank and file

He's also talking about eliminating the income tax altogether and replacing it with tariffs on foreign goods.

A win/win, and can be passed in a reconciliation bill with a GOP Congress.
I trust Trump's economic judgment but I don't think he'll get this one through Congress. It is too similar to the failed Smoot Hawley tariffs that turned out not to work too well. However at that time the USA was making things and exporting more than they imported which affected the overall consequences of the tariffs. That situation is reversed now after decades of mismanaged economies and a tariff policy could have the consequence of Americans making much more of the products we use and lessening dependency on foreign suppliers. I have had some courses in economics but am not proficient enough to have an informed opinion about that one way or the other. But I damn sure don't trust the MSM or Democrats to explain it to me because they have both been wrong or dishonest far more than any truths they put out.

I trust Trump's economic judgment but I don't think he'll get this one through Congress. It is too similar to the failed Smoot Hawley tariffs that turned out not to work too well. However at that time the USA was making things and exporting more than they imported which affected the overall consequences of the tariffs. That situation is reversed now after decades of mismanaged economies and a tariff policy could have the consequence of Americans making much more of the products we use and lessening dependency on foreign suppliers. I have had some courses in economics but am not proficient enough to have an informed opinion about that one way or the other. But I damn sure don't trust the MSM or Democrats to explain it to me because they have both been wrong or dishonest far more than any truths they put out.
If he enjoys a majority GOP in the house and senate he will get it... there are more MAGA in congress than four years ago...

Already everybody is trying to place qualifications on Trump's gift!
And if he intends on giving the gifts to black people, the right is going to shit all over the idea even before Trump's convention.

And just imagine how the idea would be such a success at the convention!!
The right treats black people like people. And promote a color blind society.

The left treats black people as their own private voting bloc to manipulate and keep on their political plantation. A color blind society is the last thing they want. The result of their racism has been very VERY detrimental to the black demographic in America because it is necessary to keep the black people dependent on government so they can be controlled.

If he enjoys a majority GOP in the house and senate he will get it... there are more MAGA in congress than four years ago...
Maybe. I will need to see the probability of consequences for funding government via tariffs rather than taxes. It is closer to what the Founders envisioned though.

The tax was just an assault on table servers... no one else has to report their tips....
Where are you getting the idea that only people waiting tables have to pay taxes on tips they might receive. There is not special tax on tips it just has to be reported as income same as any other income. If I walk up to someone on the street and hand them 10k dollars cash as a tip just for being there, they are supposed to pay income tax on it.

The right treats black people like people. And promote a color blind society.

The left treats black people as their own private voting bloc to manipulate and keep on their political plantation. A color blind society is the last thing they want. The result of their racism has been very VERY detrimental to the black demographic in America because it is necessary to keep the black people dependent on government so they can be controlled.
Don't bother telling me. I don't have a dog in your hunt. I'm just observing the most prolific sources of the racism.

I'll just keep my observations to myself!

No comments on your attempt to reassure us.

Where are you getting the idea that only people waiting tables have to pay taxes on tips they might receive. There is not special tax on tips it just has to be reported as income same as any other income. If I walk up to someone on the street and hand them 10k dollars cash as a tip just for being there, they are supposed to pay income tax on it.
Its the only group I can think of who the IRS expects to see reported tips... so you don't report a tip as a table server and you get audited... if my landscaper doesn't report my tip he gets away without paying a tax on it...

The IRS expects table servers to have tips to report... they don't think your plumber does... its unfair....
The IRS expects anyone who receives tips to report it as income and pay taxes on it. Most people dont tip their plumber so the IRS isnt looking for that revenue stream on their income taxes unlike a waiter. But make no mistake if you tip your plumber and he's supposed to report it as income just like your waiter.

Yes of course.
But it's really not necessary to argue the obvious! It just make everything into a pissing match for a couple of hours.

He's also talking about eliminating the income tax altogether and replacing it with tariffs on foreign goods.

A win/win, and can be passed in a reconciliation bill with a GOP Congress.
That has zero chance of passing

Its the only group I can think of who the IRS expects to see reported tips... so you don't report a tip as a table server and you get audited... if my landscaper doesn't report my tip he gets away without paying a tax on it...
If I murder you and get away with it does that mean I'm somehow exempt from the murder laws?

The IRS expects anyone who receives tips to report it as income and pay taxes on it. Most people dont tip their plumber so the IRS isnt looking for that revenue stream on their income taxes unlike a waiter. But make no mistake if you tip your plumber and he's supposed to report it as income just like your waiter.
who receives tips as part of their salary besides table servers and bar tenders?...

Don't bother telling me. I don't have a dog in your hunt. I'm just observing the most prolific sources of the racism.

I'll just keep my observations to myself!

No comments on your attempt to reassure us.
For somebody with no dog in the hunt, you sure seem to have very strong opinions about America and Americans and you get it so wrong most of the time.

Forum List

Back