NO Tim Cook. You Do Not Have That Responsibility

.1 My word, man... you must have a relic dating back to the days when MS-DOS was king!

.2 I hear the advertisements too, but sometimes two people are having a phone conversation and I have to reboot to get rid of them.
You could just click your mute button. Click the mute off later. No need to reboot.

No, you just surrendered your constitutional rights without a struggle. You want to do that? Cool. But you are not surrendering everyone's rights without a fight.
And I'm not surrendering everyone else's right to stay alive. :biggrin:

No, you just surrender constitutionally guaranteed rights out of fear.

And it turns out the gov't could do it all on their own. Imagine that.

If the Fed or anyone else can crack open an iPhone, I'm all for it. If that causes Apple or a competitor to design a harder to crack phone, then I'm all for that too. What do you think the final result will be?

Hint. Think "Capitalism".

You say that as if fear were a bad thing. If you don't fear cancer, and take action to prevent and/or cure it, you will allow it to kill you. Islam is a cancer.

You say that as if fear were a bad thing. If you don't fear cancer, and take action to prevent and/or cure it, you will allow it to kill you. Islam is a cancer.

It does not take fear to take action to prevent or treat an illness. It takes common sense.

However, throwing away constitutionally guaranteed rights in favor of the HOPE of safety is the epitome of stupidity.

It does not take fear to take action to prevent or treat an illness. It takes common sense.

However, throwing away constitutionally guaranteed rights in favor of the HOPE of safety is the epitome of stupidity.
You are to post to this thread at last 100 times in the year 2036. I know you'll have no problem. :argue: :biggrin:

You are to post to this thread at last 100 times in the year 2036. I know you'll have no problem. :argue: :biggrin:

I have no idea what that means, unless you have completely slipped off the rails.

I have no idea what that means, unless you have completely slipped off the rails.
It means you'll be here in 2036, still posting in this thread, (when I'm 100 years old)

If this thread is still here, and this board is still here, and you are still posting stupid shit, I hope I am still here posting and calling you on it. I find it amusing that you are trying to make it look like I am staying too long on a thread that you have posted in just as recently.

So you are 80 years old. Not sure why that matters, unless it is too show your bias against technology is due to your not understanding it or your longing for some "Good ol' days" viewed thru rose colored glasses.

BTW, in 2036 I will be 76.

If this thread is still here, and this board is still here, and you are still posting stupid shit, I hope I am still here posting and calling you on it. I find it amusing that you are trying to make it look like I am staying too long on a thread that you have posted in just as recently.
So you are 80 years old. Not sure why that matters, unless it is too show your bias against technology is due to your not understanding it or your longing for some "Good ol' days" viewed thru rose colored glasses.

I typoed. Should have been 2046. I'm 70. And if you think you have ever called me on anything, well, if that comforts you somehow then
smiley_ROFLMAO.gif
smiley_ROFLMAO.gif
smiley_ROFLMAO.gif
.....sorry, I can't continue. I'm laughing too hard.

PS - you're too long on every thread.
geez.gif

I typoed. Should have been 2046. I'm 70. And if you think you have ever called me on anything, well, if that comforts you somehow then
smiley_ROFLMAO.gif
smiley_ROFLMAO.gif
smiley_ROFLMAO.gif
.....sorry, I can't continue. I'm laughing too hard.

PS - you're too long on every thread.
geez.gif

Oh, so I should stop posting for what reason?

Yeah, you go right ahead thinking that giving up your constitutional rights will make you safe. Or you can talk to people who about such things and they will tell you that you will not be safe in any free society.

But you can keep posting the silliness. And you can also keep hoping I will stop playing in a thread.

Yeah, you go right ahead thinking that giving up your constitutional rights will make you safe. Or you can talk to people who about such things and they will tell you that you will not be safe in any free society.

But you can keep posting the silliness. And you can also keep hoping I will stop playing in a thread.
"Safe" is still being alive. Up to now, we've been safe. Some people are willing to let that go. Don't be one of them.

"Safe" is still being alive. Up to now, we've been safe. Some people are willing to let that go. Don't be one of them.

And we each have rights that are not to be thrown away because of your fear.

And we each have rights that are not to be thrown away because of your fear.
And we each have the right to public safety that is not to be thrown away because of your disregard of legitimate danger.

Forcing a private company to open their phones up for clandestine surveillance is not going to make you safe. Your safety is an illusion. And if you think the gov't actually gives a shit, you haven't been paying attention. If you trust them with access to everyone's private data, you are delusional.

Forcing a private company to open their phones up for clandestine surveillance is not going to make you safe. Your safety is an illusion. And if you think the gov't actually gives a shit, you haven't been paying attention. If you trust them with access to everyone's private data, you are delusional.
1. Sounds like you're being coached by ISIS. What you call "the govt" is NOT the govt. The term "the govt" includes the WHOLE govt, including the whole Obama administration, most of which is probably being cheered on by ISIS. The relatively small part of the govt that is looking to keep us safe is James Comey and his FBI, and other law enforcement agencies, who are at odds with Obama's pro-jihad policies. That you don't make this distinction shows you're not quite focused with this issue.

2. Are you aware that the US is AT WAR, currently ? Are you familiar with the international jihad (ISIS, Taliban, al Qaeda, Al Shabbab, al Nusra, Hamas, Hezbollah, Boko Haram, etc) and it's overall goal of world domination ? Are you also aware that in war, freedoms are restricted ? That is normal procedure. You do know that, right ?

Do you know during World War II, the driving speed limit was reduced to 35 miles per hour ? The national maximum Victory Speed was 35 miles an hour, and driving clubs or carpools were encouraged. The interior side of the sticker issued for the car's windshield instructed the driver on this point. The main idea was to conserve rubber, not gasoline. You couldn't just walk into a shop and buy as much sugar or butter or meat as you wanted, nor could you fill up your car with gasoline whenever you liked. All these things were rationed, which meant you were only allowed to buy a small amount (even if you could afford more).

If you were a business owner, your freedom to sell whatever you wanted disappered. Production of most durable goods, like cars, new housing, vacuum cleaners, and kitchen appliances, was banned until the war ended. You also lost the freedom to set your own prices on your stock. In May of 1942, the U.S. Office of Price Administration (OPA) froze prices on practically all everyday goods, starting with sugar and coffee. Major restrictions on consumers rights to consume as they please took over in the marketplace. Rationing replaced freedom to shop independently of the law. Types of rationing included: Uniform coupon rationing (sugar is an example) provided equal shares of a single commodity to all consumers; Point rationing provided equivalent shares of commodities by coupons issued for points which could be spent for any combination of items in the group (processed foods, meats, fats, cheese); Differential coupon rationing provided shares of a single product according to varying needs (gasoline, fuel oil); and Certificate rationing allowed individuals products only after an application demonstrated need (tires, cars, stoves, typewriters).

Women were addicted to nylon stockings back in those days. It was there # 1 favorite clothing item. They couldn't buy them.

Reading these 2 links might give you some real perspective on the relationship between wartime freedom and national security.

Rationing on the US Homefront during WW II

United States home front during World War II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PS - that Obama has decided to wage minimal war, doesn't mean that the enemy has any such notion to do the same. You may not be at war with them. They ARE at war with you. And no, I am not delusional. I am your instructor. You're welcome. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Protectionist the fascist is wrong as usual. He is America's cultural equivalent of ISIS: toe the line or else.

The government's job is to protect our society.

Cook's job is to protect his shareholders, his workers, and his clients.

Protectionist the fascist is wrong as usual. He is America's cultural equivalent of ISIS: toe the line or else.

The government's job is to protect our society.

Cook's job is to protect his shareholders, his workers, and his clients.

I don't need the government on 'protect' me.

That's my responsibility short of nuclear annihilation

-Geaux

Forum List

Back