NO Tim Cook. You Do Not Have That Responsibility

Protectionist the fascist is wrong as usual. He is America's cultural equivalent of ISIS: toe the line or else.

The government's job is to protect our society.

Cook's job is to protect his shareholders, his workers, and his clients.
And that is in contradiction to the govt's job to protect our society. Duh!

I don't need the government on 'protect' me.

That's my responsibility short of nuclear annihilation

-Geaux
Nuclear annihilation is exactly what we're talking about.

mailuk-isis_claims_infinitely_closer_to_buying_nuclear_weapon_from_pakistan_n_smuggling_to_us.jpg
ISIS_Acquiring_Nucle

Protectionist the fascist is wrong as usual. He is America's cultural equivalent of ISIS: toe the line or else.

The government's job is to protect our society.

Cook's job is to protect his shareholders, his workers, and his clients.
And that is in contradiction to the govt's job to protect our society. Duh!
Of course you are wrong, as you are usually because of your silly political ideology.

The government is to protect our society, not a business.

Check your OP. You are a strange guy.
When you are asked to provide a backing for your statement, YOU must provide it, not pass it on to anyone else. If you don't, your statement just sunk to the bottom of the ocean. So WHO said the govt is to protect a business and not society ? Where and when ? Give me the QUOTE.

PS - I see nothing in the OP about govt protecting a business. Are you feeling OK ?.

Last edited:
Check your OP. You are a strange guy.
When you are asked to provide a backing for your statement, YOU must provide it, not pass it on to anyone else. If you don't, your statement just sunk to the bottom of the ocean. So WHO said the govt is to protect a business and not society ? Where and when ? Give me the QUOTE.

PS - I see nothing in the OP about govt protecting a business. Are you feeling OK ?.
Dupe, it is your OP. You made an opinion. You did not back it up except with opinion. So why is it business's' duty to protect government instead of society. Where and when? Give me the quote.

Dupe, it is your OP. You made an opinion. You did not back it up except with opinion. So why is it business's' duty to protect government instead of society. Where and when? Give me the quote.
maybe you need to improve your writing skills. You made it sound like you talking about govt protecting a business (nor business protecting govt). And there's nothing here about business duty to protect govt. We're talking everybody's duty to protect everybody. Get it ?

You need to improve your reading schools.

You must support your OP with more than your opinion before calling on anyone to refute it.

Yes, Cook and all companies have a duty in America to protect society from government when it serves the societal good.

You must support your OP with more than your opinion before calling on anyone to refute it.

Yes, Cook and all companies have a duty in America to protect society from government when it serves the societal good.
Cook and all companies, as much as any Americans, have a duty in America to protect society from the international jihad that we are at war with (ISIS, al Qaeda, Taliban, al Shabbab, Boko Haram, Hamas, etc). Only an idiot would not know this (or a liberal), and this doesn't need any more to support it than what I just said. You either support your country in time of war, or you are a traitor.

Petty CEO's often assume responsibilities within their own closed little world and that's fine because they do have a responsibility to produce the best product they can at a reasonable price and offer a guarantee of service. The problem is that the government's responsibility to protect society trumps the petty CEO's assumptions about his product. The strange thing is that the federal government which assumes responsibility for every construction job in America through OSHA regs and pretty much controls every aspect of commerce is reluctant to put the cuffs on the Apple exec and haul him off to freaking jail. Maybe Apple is too big a contributor to democrat campaigns to be hassled by the federal cops.

Cook and all companies, as much as any Americans, have a duty in America to protect society from the international jihad that we are at war with (ISIS, al Qaeda, Taliban, al Shabbab, Boko Haram, Hamas, etc). Only an idiot would not know this (or a liberal), and this doesn't need any more to support it than what I just said. You either support your country in time of war, or you are a traitor.
And that type of opinion is why you are not taken with much seriousness.

The idea that you think the gov't can demand that a private company use resources, manpower and expend money to produce a product for the gov't, while not being paid, is ridiculous.

1. Today Tim Cook told his customers (owners of iPhones) "We believe we have the responsibility to protect your data, to protect your privacy."

Well, FALSE! Tim Cook. NO, you do NOT have THAT responsibility. The "responsibility" that you have, is the same responsibility that every American has, the same civic duty we all have. And that is to protect this society we live in, to protect the American people (including yourself). And since the data and privacy you speak of, includes the data and privacy of murderous Muslim jihadists, then when you say "your data" and "your privacy", you are also talking to them, about protecting THEIR data and privacy.

I'd say Tim Cook is not quite in the domain of being in violation of the law of >>>18 U.S. Code § 2339B - Providing material support or resources to designated foreign terrorist organizations

but if anybody reminds me of this federal statute, it is Tim Cook, right now, and this guy had better cool it, if he doesn't want to get himself into some deep water. If another terrorist attack occurs like San Bernardino (or worse), and it is connected to ISIS or al Qaeda, or any other foreign terrorist group, and it is found that the FBI could have stopped it except for encrypted information, I wouldn't want to be in Tim Cook's shoes, or anybody else who had anything to do with that encryption.

The FBI and other law enforcement agencies have been taking about the problem of encrypted information for quite some time now. That is just flat out unacceptable. There shouldn't be any technology that terrorists can use that is beyond the accessiblity of US law enforcement. One's privacy is not more important than the nuclear bombing of a dozen US cities, where I believe ISIS id heading right now.

Exclusive Islamic state will get nuclear weapons of mass destruction | World | News | Daily Express

Isis could obtain nuclear weapon from Pakistan, warns India | Asia | News | The Independent

images
    ISIS_Acquiring_Nucle
    ISIS_Threatens_Use_o

mailuk-isis_claims_infinitely_closer_to_buying_nuclear_weapon_from_pakistan_n_smuggling_to_us.jpg

False premise to begin with.

Apple is not in the business of national security, the government is. We made the government more powerful as any entity on the face of the earth. The government needs to do its own work.

Trying to place this on apple just reinforces what many of us already believe

The government is inept and the money we gave them has been wasted.

Petty CEO's often assume responsibilities within their own closed little world and that's fine because they do have a responsibility to produce the best product they can at a reasonable price and offer a guarantee of service. The problem is that the government's responsibility to protect society trumps the petty CEO's assumptions about his product. The strange thing is that the federal government which assumes responsibility for every construction job in America through OSHA regs and pretty much controls every aspect of commerce is reluctant to put the cuffs on the Apple exec and haul him off to freaking jail. Maybe Apple is too big a contributor to democrat campaigns to be hassled by the federal cops.
Could be. Could very well be. Over the past 7 years we have come to see just about nothing as a surprise any more. Good post.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back