No Wonder Libs Are Upset - The Surge Is Working

American casualties:

Jan 07 83
Feb 07 80
Mar 07 81
Apr 07 45 in nine days

1. Are those figures, as verified by the DoD accurate?

2. If not, please post the accurate ones and show your source

3. If they are accurate, please explain your math that leads to a 60% decrease.

Still beating a dead horse (or a dead jackass in your case)

If things are so bad - why are your beloved Dems not cutting off funding?

American casualties:

Jan 07 83
Feb 07 80
Mar 07 81
Apr 07 45 in nine days

the horse is not dead. You made a claim and you have yet to prove it or retract it.

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon is considering a plan to extend the tours of duty for up to 15,000 U.S. troops serving in Iraq, a defense official said Monday.

The idea is among options being considered in response to a request in the last couple of weeks by Gen. David Petraeus, U.S. commander in Iraq, said the official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the idea has not been approved.

Because Petraeus believes the troop increase President Bush announced in January has produced some momentum in fighting violence in Iraq, Petraeus wants to maintain troops at that level past the summer, the official said.

Defense officials are looking at the idea of a maximum 120-day extension for five active duty brigades that would otherwise come home in the coming months — four ground units and one aviation combat brigade totaling roughly 15,000 troops, the official said. The plan would have to be approved by Defense Secretary Robert Gates.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,264997,00.html

The surge is working. Why else would Dems now retract their threat to cut off funding?

Bad news for you and the terrorists - good news for the troops

You'll continue with this spin as long as you can just like you've done all along throughout this four year fiasco.

Eack fake benchmark is "good news" until it isn't.

Then you'll move on to the next FOX NEWS talking point.

Meanwhile more US troops will pass through the meat grinder of your mindless propaganda.

Why don't you have the guts to stand up for our troops RSR?

You'll continue with this spin as long as you can just like you've done all along throughout this four year fiasco.

Eack fake benchmark is "good news" until it isn't.

Then you'll move on to the next FOX NEWS talking point.

Meanwhile more US troops will pass through the meat grinder of your mindless propaganda.

Why don't you have the guts to stand up for our troops RSR?

I do, I want them to win

Libs want them lose thinking it would only be a defeat for Pres Bush

Libs are to full of hate to see it would be a defeat for America and a win for the terrorists

don't run away RSR... just answer these questions

American casualties:

Jan 07 83
Feb 07 80
Mar 07 81
Apr 07 45 in nine days

http://today.reuters.com/misc/Print...10T135926Z_01_PAR340730_RTRUKOC_0_US-IRAQ.xml

from that article:

"The U.S. military acknowledges the Baghdad security plan has increased the likelihood of more troop deaths.

"With more troops on the streets, there is more chance of casualties," said Lieutenant-Colonel Josslyn Aberle, another spokeswoman for U.S. forces in Iraq."

please explain why you continue to say that the US has seen a 60% decrease in casualties when the DoD casualty figures do not show any such decrease and LTC Aberle clearly states that we should expect MORE casualties.

Do you think you can answer that question sometime soon?

The American people did not vote to lose in Iraq. Libs said they would not cut off funding, nor would they cut and run

For over a year, Dems siad more troops were needed in Iraq - Pres Bush proposes the surge - Dems are then against it

What is the Dems plan? Surrender At All Costs

Does my post say the American public voted to lose in Iraq? No.

Does anything in this post address the question posed to you? No.

Talking points noted.

The fact is, many conservatives abstained from voting last November due to their dissatisfaction with the conduct of the war. Congress fell to the Democrats by default, since Democrats DID vote.

Now, I will ask again, what is the Republican's plan for Iraq? So far, I haven't seen anything that makes sense within the context of the political, strategic and/or tactical realities faced on the ground.

And I DON'T CARE about your political gibberish. That's a nonpartisan assessment of a battlefield situation.

Please answer the question.

One can always count on the liberal media to show their "support" pf the troops

ABC and CBS Use 4th Anniversary of Hussein Statue Toppling to Relay Iraqi's Regret
Posted by Brent Baker on April 9, 2007 - 21:39.
Both ABC and CBS on Monday night used the fourth anniversary of the toppling of the Saddam Hussein statue in Baghdad as a chance to highlight the regret of a man who used a sledgehammer to destroy the pedestal. After starting her story with anti-U.S. protests inspired by Moqtada al-Sadr, ABC's Hilary Brown, presumably referring to ABC's March poll of Iraqis, asserted that “the appalling bloodshed has turned most Iraqis -- 78 percent -- against the occupation. Thirty-six percent now say that life is worse than it ever was under the dictator.” She proceeded to focus on how “one Iraqi in particular remembers, and now regrets, that iconic moment four years ago when the huge statute of Saddam Hussein was toppled.” Brown relayed how Khadim Yabani “says 'but now I just feel regret because nothing has improved.' That's why he says it would have been better that Saddam had never been overthrown.” On the CBS Evening News, Martin Seemungal, before he highlighted Yabani, at least acknowledged that “in some places, like in the southern city of Basra, people were out celebrating the anniversary.”

Meanwhile, ABC's World News led with Diane Sawyer in Afghanistan where she suggested misplaced priorities as she pointed out that “on this anniversary of the fall of Baghdad, the leaders here note the U.S. has spent some four-times the amount in Iraq, per person, as in the place the fight against terrorism started.” Sawyer reminded Afghan President Hamid Karzai of how “you have said if the U.S. had given Afghanistan what it spent in Iraq, it would be like 'heaven' here. Did the U.S. give too little? In your view?" Karzai refused to take Sawyer's bait, responding: “We are grateful to the American people, to the taxpayers, for having helped Afghanistan, in a big way.”

Sawyer's exchange with Karzai as played on the April 9 World News:

Diane Sawyer: “On this anniversary of the fall of Baghdad, the leaders here note the U.S. has spent some four-times the amount in Iraq, per person, as in the place the fight against terrorism started.”

Sawyer to Hamid Karzai: “You have said if the U.S. had given Afghanistan what it spent in Iraq, it would be like 'heaven' here. Did the U.S. give too little? In your view?”

Hamid Karzai, President of Afghanistan: “The world as a whole -- other crises [probably meant 'countries'] in the world pay us little. We are grateful to the American people, to the taxpayers, for having helped Afghanistan, in a big way.”

Sawyer: “Do you have enough American and NATO troops?”

Karzai: “No. We don't have enough manpower or enough equipment or air power.”

Last September on Meet the Press Karzai had asserted: “Three hundred billion dollars? You give that to Afghanistan and we will be heaven in less than a year.”

CBS Evening News. After starting with the anti-U.S. protests, and noting how there was celebration in Basra, Martin Seemungal concluded his piece with the toppling of the Saddam Hussein statue:

“Remember the loan Iraqi battering it with a sledge hammer?”

Khadim Yabani, through translator: “It was my wish in life to destroy the statue.”

Seemungal: “That was Khadim Yabani. He remembers that moment as if it were yesterday.”

Yabani, through translator: “We were so happy we had got rid of the tyrant.”

Seemungal: “Now he spends most of his time in his shop working on old motorcycles. But business is slow. There's more demand for heavily armored vehicles in Baghdad than for Harley-Davidsons.”

Yabani, through translator: “We are going into the fifth year and we are suffering from problems more than we used to suffer in Saddam's time.”

Seemungal concluded: “The memory of that triumphant moment is fading fast. Martin Seemungal for CBS News, Baghdad.”

ABC's World News. Charles Gibson set up the anniversary story, which followed Sawyer's lead report from Afghanistan:

“Next, to Iraq. This is a major anniversary there. It was four years ago today that Saddam Hussein's statue came down in Baghdad's Fardus Square. There were many in the streets that day. There were many in the streets today. But for a different reason. ABC's Hilary Brown is in Baghdad."

Hilary Brown: "Tens of thousands of protesters converged on the holy city of Najaf in a sea of Iraqi flags to demand an immediate end to the U.S. occupation. A cleric on stage shouted, 'Get out, get out, occupier!' as the mainly Shiite crowd roared in assent. The protest was ordered by the powerful Shiite leader Moqtada al-Sadr, believed by U.S. officials to be in Iran. But in a statement, he called on Iraqis to stop fighting each other and unite against American troops. Authorities imposed a ban on cars, trucks, even motorcycles, in both Baghdad and Najaf. The fear was that the rally could become a target for bombers. The 24-hour traffic ban before and after the demonstration seems to have worked.

“There was little violence today. And that is rare in a country where ordinary people are being shot or blown up at the rate of 100 a day. The appalling bloodshed has turned most Iraqis -- 78 percent -- against the occupation. Thirty-six percent now say that life is worse than it ever was under the dictator.

“One Iraqi in particular remembers, and now regrets, that iconic moment four years ago when the huge statute of Saddam Hussein was toppled in Fardus Square. Khadim Yabani is a former weightlifter whose great strength helped bring the statue down. 'At the time, I was proud,' he says, 'but now I just feel regret because nothing has improved.' That's why he says it would have been better that Saddam had never been overthrown. The U.S. military said today that if Saddam were still in power, a protest like this one would not have been possible. Hilary Brown, ABC News, Baghdad."

Just last week, ABC's World News uniquely featured a report from Terry McCarthy on “improvements” in security and living conditions for the people of Iraq. Brad Wilmouth's NewsBusters item on that April 3 story.

http://newsbusters.org/node/11934

Please explain what exactly it is that you do to "support the troops," RSR.

Hey RSR..when are you gonna retract the bullshit about the surge causing a 60% decrease in American casualties in Iraq?

We've lost 45 in the first ten days of April. That makes April the bloodiest month of the war...how is that a decrease?

Does my post say the American public voted to lose in Iraq? No.

Does anything in this post address the question posed to you? No.

Talking points noted.

The fact is, many conservatives abstained from voting last November due to their dissatisfaction with the conduct of the war. Congress fell to the Democrats by default, since Democrats DID vote.

Now, I will ask again, what is the Republican's plan for Iraq? So far, I haven't seen anything that makes sense within the context of the political, strategic and/or tactical realities faced on the ground.

And I DON'T CARE about your political gibberish. That's a nonpartisan assessment of a battlefield situation.

Please answer the question.

First to kill/capture terrorists

Help train Iraq Police and Military to fight back

Get the government stable so they can handle their own affairs. When they tell us to leave - we leave

If we leave now, as the Dems want, the terrorists and Iran move in and take over.

Please explain what exactly it is that you do to "support the troops," RSR.

Lets see, first I send ten CARE packages to month to some Marines. A friend of a friend of mine is in Iraq and we both ship packages each month to him and his buddies.

I also do not call them Nazi's, terrorists, and killers as some other do

Lets see, first I send ten CARE packages to month to some Marines. A friend of a friend of mine is in Iraq and we both ship packages each month to him and his buddies.

I also do not call them Nazi's, terrorists, and killers as some other do

No....

You just mindlessly use RNC propaganda to support failed policies that get them killed unnecessarily.

You're the worst kind of liar and phony RSR.

You don't "support" the troops. You support George Bush and the Republican party period.

Now I suppose this is where you try to tell me you're not even a Republican?

First to kill/capture terrorists.

Well that's pretty open ended isn't it?

With our policies creating more terrorists than we can capture/kill how will we ever know when this objective is accomplished?

Help train Iraq Police and Military to fight back.

Been trying to do this for years. It's not working. What's different now? Do we have any new strategies in place for accomplishing this or is Bush simply continuing with more of the same strategies that have failed so far?

Get the government stable so they can handle their own affairs. When they tell us to leave - we leave

Weren't we told the government would be "stable" and the situation and the violence should settle down once "free" elections were held and a constitution put in place?

BTW they have asked us to leave....several times. Bush is not having any of it.

If we leave now, as the Dems want, the terrorists and Iran move in and take over.

I guess Bush should have considered this back before he invaded.

At least you're finally admitting that Bush's policies have turned Iraq into a sanctuary and a training ground for future terrorists.

There may be hope for you yet!

sometime soon?

Hey RSR..when are you gonna retract the bullshit about the surge causing a 60% decrease in American casualties in Iraq?

We've lost 45 in the first ten days of April. That makes April the bloodiest month of the war...how is that a decrease?

No....

You just mindlessly use RNC propaganda to support failed policies that get them killed unnecessarily.

You're the worst kind of liar and phony RSR.

You don't "support" the troops. You support George Bush and the Republican party period.

Now I suppose this is where you try to tell me you're not even a Republican?

So what do you do to support the troops besides calling for them to surrender?

here kitty kitty....

come on over and take your medicine.

be a good little pussy and own up to the fact that your claims of a 60% reduction in American casualties come from a month old press release which was only dealing with one small area of Iraq and did not account for the concurrent increases in casualties elsewhere in Iraq.....

just admit you fucked up...it will feel better if you do.

here kitty kitty....

come on over and take your medicine.

be a good little pussy and own up to the fact that your claims of a 60% reduction in American casualties come from a month old press release which was only dealing with one small area of Iraq and did not account for the concurrent increases in casualties elsewhere in Iraq.....

just admit you fucked up...it will feel better if you do.

Calm down MM - go burn a flag - it will make you feel better

Forum List

Back