No Wonder Libs Are Upset - The Surge Is Working

guess you will have to cancel your party over the graves of the troops...........

Baghdad security crackdown seriously curbs killings of US soldiers

Military and Secuity 3/14/2007 11:30:00 AM

KUN0014 4 GEN 0266 KUWAIT /KUNA-QVN0 MIL-IRAQ-US SOLDIERS Baghdad security crackdown seriously curbs killings of US soldiers BAGHDAD, March 14 (KUNA) -- The rate of killings of US troops in Iraq has been on the decline, down by 60 percent, since the launch of the new security measures in Baghdad, according to statistics revealed by the Multi-National Force -Iraq Combined Press Information Centre. Only 17 members of the US military in Iraq have been killed since February 14 till March 13, compared to 42 from January 13 to February 13; the rate was on the decline during the first month of the security crackdown, compared to a month before. Two of the 17 soldiers died at US Baghdad camps of non-combat causes. The remarkable decrease in killings among the US troops came at a time when more of these troops were deployed in the Iraqi capital, especially in districts previously regarded as extremely hazardous for them such as Al-Sadr City, Al-Azamiyah, and Al-Doura. Meanwhile, US attacks on insurgent strongholds north of Baghdad curbed attacks against helicopters. Before the new security plan, many such craft were downed leaving 20 soldiers dead. The US army in Iraq had earlier said that sectarian fighting and violence in Baghdad had dropped sharply, by about 80 percent, since the launch of the plan. The statistics excluded US troops killed in other governorates such as Al-Anbar, Diyala, and Salahiddin. As to the latest human losses, the US army announced Wednesday that two American soldiers had been killed, one in southern Baghdad and the other northeast of the capital.(end) ahh.msa KUNA 141130 Mar 07NNNN

Same tired old press release that is not only 4 weeks old, but contains factual inaccuracies as well.

Here are the DoD casualty figures:

1/07: 83
2/07: 80
3/07: 81
4/07: 35 in nine days

PLEASE use those DoD confirmed casualty figures and show me where this supposed 60% DECREASE is????

If things are so bad in Iraq, why are your dems changing talking pints this morning?

Things must be going well, or Dems would be cutting off funding today

Perhaps they understand not all Americans want the US to lose in Iraq - like you seem to want

If things are so bad in Iraq, why are your dems changing talking pints this morning?

Things must be going well, or Dems would be cutting off funding today

Perhaps they understand not all Americans want the US to lose in Iraq - like you seem to want

are you really incapable of answering a simple question?

Dems do not want to cut off funding for today's operations...they want to impose benchmarks for our withdrawal. Bush will veto the present bill, and then we will strip the benchmarks out and pass it again. Bush will be on record as vetoeing troop funding and vetoeing a plan to get America out of Iraq.

Now...please address your claim that we have had a 60% reduction in casualties. Please address the fact that all you have to back that up is a month old press release that does not agree with the DoD confirmed casualty figures

are you really incapable of answering a simple question?

Dems do not want to cut off funding for today's operations...they want to impose benchmarks for our withdrawal. Bush will veto the present bill, and then we will strip the benchmarks out and pass it again. Bush will be on record as vetoeing troop funding and vetoeing a plan to get America out of Iraq.

Now...please address your claim that we have had a 60% reduction in casualties. Please address the fact that all you have to back that up is a month old press release that does not agree with the DoD confirmed casualty figures

TODAY, Dems do not want to cut off funding, but that is not what Reid said a few days ago

I wonder what they will say tomorrow or next week

again....you look like such a fool by continuing to run away from this very simple request of mine.

You are beaten and beaten badly on this point and your refusal to acknowledge that speaks volumes.

again....you look like such a fool by continuing to run away from this very simple request of mine.

You are beaten and beaten badly on this point and your refusal to acknowledge that speaks volumes.

What were you saying Dems do not want to cut off funding?

Reid Says He'll Try to Cut Off War Funds

Apr 2 05:16 PM US/Eastern
By ANNE FLAHERTY
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Monday he will try to cut off funding for the Iraq war if President Bush rejects Congress' proposal to set a deadline for ending combat.
The move is likely to intensify the Democrats' rift with the administration, which already contends Democrats are putting troops at risk by setting deadlines.

In recent weeks, the House and Senate voted separately to finance the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan but set an end date for combat in Iraq. The House proposal orders all combat troops as of Aug. 31, 2008, whereas the Senate orders some troops to leave right away with the nonbinding goal of ending combat by March 31, 2008.

The House and Senate are working on a final proposal that can be sent to the president by the end of the month.

Bush has said several times he would veto the measure, and Republicans say they'll back him. On Monday, 154 House Republicans sent Bush a letter promising to stick with him in opposition to the legislation.

Mindful that they hold a shaky majority in Congress and that neither chamber has enough votes to override a presidential veto, Democrats are already thinking about the next step after Bush rejects their legislation.

Reid said Monday that if that happens, he will join forces with Sen. Russ Feingold, one of the party's most liberal members who has long called to end the war by denying funding for it. Reid and others have previously been reluctant to propose cutting funding out of fear it would leave troops in the lurch.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8O8N5PO0&show_article=1

democrats are not some monolithic group of automatons.

Do you remember the great Will Rogers quote, "I do not belong to an organized political party...I am a democrat"

There is not unanimity in our caucus about how to best pressure Bush to end this stupid war. Some want to cut funding...most do not. Fiengold and Reid are in the minority in the caucus... they will not prevail.

so...now... I answered your question. WIll you please answer mine concerning your claim that we have seen a 60% reduction in American casualties that is ONLY supported by a month old press release that you keep reposting and reposting...and is clearly disproven by DoD casualty figures.

democrats are not some monolithic group of automatons.

Do you remember the great Will Rogers quote, "I do not belong to an organized political party...I am a democrat"

There is not unanimity in our caucus about how to best pressure Bush to end this stupid war. Some want to cut funding...most do not. Fiengold and Reid are in the minority in the caucus... they will not prevail.

so...now... I answered your question. WIll you please answer mine concerning your claim that we have seen a 60% reduction in American casualties that is ONLY supported by a month old press release that you keep reposting and reposting...and is clearly disproven by DoD casualty figures.

I thought Dems were going to clean up all the messes in the world - they cannot even agree on what to do in Iraq

My it must be hard on you this morning to see all the directions your party is going in

I thought Dems were going to clean up all the messes in the world - they cannot even agree on what to do in Iraq

My it must be hard on you this morning to see all the directions your party is going in

not at all...I am pleased with the vibrant debate within my party.... and now..will you please answer my question about your claims of 60% reductions in american casualties?

again

so...now... I answered your question. WIll you please answer mine concerning your claim that we have seen a 60% reduction in American casualties that is ONLY supported by a month old press release that you keep reposting and reposting...and is clearly disproven by DoD casualty figures??

not at all...I am pleased with the vibrant debate within my party.... and now..will you please answer my question about your claims of 60% reductions in american casualties?

Is that why you said Dems did NOT want to cut off funding? Or did you miss Reid's comments on Friday?

asked and answered above.

Now please answer my question:

so...now... I answered your question. Will you please answer mine concerning your claim that we have seen a 60% reduction in American casualties that is ONLY supported by a month old press release that you keep reposting and reposting...and is clearly disproven by DoD casualty figures??

Is that why you said Dems did NOT want to cut off funding? Or did you miss Reid's comments on Friday?

asked and answered above.

Now please answer my question:

so...now... I answered your question. Will you please answer mine concerning your claim that we have seen a 60% reduction in American casualties that is ONLY supported by a month old press release that you keep reposting and reposting...and is clearly disproven by DoD casualty figures??

ditto - asked and answered

Go whine to your elected Dems - their offices are open now

ditto - asked and answered

Go whine to your elected Dems - their offices are open now

that is not so....please either use the DoD casualty figures to show me the 60% decrease in American casualties that your month old press release - that you just reposted again today - indicates, or retract it.

If we did, in fact, have a 60% decrease in American casualties, you should be able to prove that using the verified casualty figures from our own department of defense.

RSR....still waiting for you to use actual casualty figures to prove your statement that American casualties have decreased by 60% and stop relying on a month old press release.

try to use your own words to rebut my assertions that:

1. we have NOT seen a 60% decrease,
2. the past six months have had casualty rates 37% HIGHER than the previous six months
3. April '07 is shaping up to be the bloodiest, deadliest month of the war so far.

don't cut and paste...just start typing and use your own words to reply to those three points.

RSR = The Cut and

EB013905.gif

KING !!!!!

Forum List

Back