Noah's Ark with two of EVERY animal

Egyptian gov't won't let you visit the pyramids right now either.
Polish_20201214_085233334.jpg

I love it! But read between the lines and he was a preferred son, who probably didn't do any of the things attributed to him. That's how things roll...

In the waters.

The water isn't on the earth?

Did they include birds then? Because the birds fly in the sky. So what did the birds do when the land they need to nest on went under water?

God came and said "sorry birds, you don't get on the ark"?

The water isn't on the earth?

Did they include birds then? Because the birds fly in the sky. So what did the birds do when the land they need to nest on went under water?

God came and said "sorry birds, you don't get on the ark"?

Of course water is on earth,
yet it's a different plane.

Birds were included,
Read the text.

It was regional, so they went where they had to go to survive. But the Noah story is documented in Babylonian texts 2000 years before the OT, specifically the "Epic of Gilgamesh". Great story, they need to make a movie out of that...

It was regional, so they went where they had to go to survive. But the Noah story is documented in Babylonian texts 2000 years before the OT, specifically the "Epic of Gilgamesh". Great story, they need to make a movie out of that...

Know the main difference between the accounts
of the Hebrews, and that of the Babylonians?

Not world-wide, you're right. But regional. All due to the same reason. The melting of the glaciers. And it was all in the same time-frame.
Glaciers don't melt fast enough to cause a sudden deluge. The flood I'm referring to was in the Euphrates river basin in 2900 BC. It was 150 miles wide and 350 miles south towards the Persian Gulf. It lasted 4 days and was fed by snowmelt from the Zagros mountains combined with heavy spring rains. The king of Sumer was hauling beer, livestock and grain downriver to sell on barges. His barges broke loose and he ended up in Bahrain where he built an altar and gave thanks.

Glaciers don't melt fast enough to cause a sudden deluge. The flood I'm referring to was in the Euphrates river basin in 2900 BC. It was 150 miles wide and 350 miles south towards the Persian Gulf. It lasted 4 days and was fed by snowmelt from the Zagros mountains combined with heavy spring rains. The king of Sumer was hauling beer, livestock and grain downriver to sell on barges. His barges broke loose and he ended up in Bahrain where he built an altar and gave thanks.

The ice age lasted longer.
Humanity witnessed it globally.

It wasn't sudden, it was regional.

I don't know anything about that. But it's cool that he didn't lose his beer! :) That would have been a travesty...

Paganism?

Less about paganism and monotheism,
as they did try to establish a rule around global conformity.

Rather different human groups, took it characteristically different.
For Babylonians it was a celestial catastrophe, without a reason but an
unjust conflict in heavens, a whim they thought. For others, it was a turning
point towards self inspection, moral responsibility, in rather a universal conversation.

Of course water is on earth,
yet it's a different plane.

Birds were included,
Read the text.

I think reading the text isn't going to work when people literally interpret things however they like to make it fit whatever they want it to say.

Fish are clearly "on this Earth".

Less about paganism and monotheism,
as they did try to establish a rule around global conformity.

Rather different human groups, took it characteristically different.
For Babylonians it was a celestial catastrophe, without a reason but an
unjust conflict in heavens, a whim they thought. For others, it was a turning
point towards self inspection, moral responsibility, in rather a universal conversation.
The reason was because the humans in the garden were there to serve the gods. But, they became too numerous and too noisy so they were a nuisance.

Forum List

Back