Noonan: A Bombshell In The IRS Scandal...

It all came from the top. It's the Chicago Way. Criminal Thugs are running our country. It's a shameful mess.

I didn't know about this until I heard it on the news today.

;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjbPi00k_ME]Casablanca gambling? I'm shocked! - YouTube[/ame]

the media has this on soft ignore.......

heres the scoop-

"the evolution of the defense" since the scandal began;

-First, Ms. Lerner planted a question at a conference.
-Then she said the Cincinnati office did it—a narrative that was advanced by the president's spokesman, Jay Carney.
-Then came the suggestion the IRS was too badly managed to pull off a sophisticated conspiracy.
-Then the charge that liberal groups were targeted too—"we did it against both ends of the political spectrum." When the inspector general of the IRS said no, it was conservative groups that were targeted, he came under attack and his veracity is now being questioned.....a new development as they have run out of folks to point fingers at.
- Now the defense is hey see, the White House wasn't involved, so lets move on....well, pardon me but that has yet to be proven either way.......Nixon had his buffers and Obama has his...we'll see.

There are only 2 political appointees at the IRS and the IRS chief counsel, William J.Wilkins is one of them.....

William J. Wilkins of Washington, DC has been a partner in the Tax Practice Group of Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP (also known as WilmerHale) since 1988. He has a broad tax practice that includes counseling nonprofit organizations, business entities, and investment funds on tax compliance, business transactions, and government investigations.

Prior to joining WilmerHale, Wilkins was Staff Director and Chief Counsel of the United States Senate Committee on Finance. Wilkins joined the Democratic staff of the Committee in 1981 and served as tax counsel before becoming Staff Director and Chief Counsel in 1987.

Prior to joining the Finance Committee staff, Wilkins was an associate with King & Spalding in Atlanta, GA. Wilkins is Chair of the Section of Taxation of the American Bar Association, the nation’s largest association of tax lawyers. He has been active in the Section for many years, having previously served as Section Vice-Chair and as Chair of two Section Committees.

He has previously served on the governing boards of the American College of Tax Counsel and the American Tax Policy Institute. Wilkins is a graduate of Yale University and Harvard Law School.
- See more at: The Tax Lawyer's Blog - Obama Nominates Washington D.C. Tax Attor

Q And just one more thing. The report also says that on August 4th of 2011, that the chief counsel at the IRS -- I believe that’s William Wilkins, appointed by President Obama in 2009; this is one of only two political appointees at the IRS -- that the chief counsel was briefed on this back in 2011. Did he share that information with the White House?

MR. CARNEY: I’ll have to look at that. I don’t know that that’s the case. I would point you to the Treasury Department for more information about I think the meeting that we’re talking about or that is represented in that.

Q But shouldn’t he have? This is one of the President’s political appointees, chief counsel.

MR. CARNEY: What I can tell you is what I said yesterday: The President found out about this through media reports on Friday. That’s how I found out about it. . . . .

Q The purpose of briefing the chief counsel, according to the IG, was so that everybody would have the latest information on the issue. As the President’s political appointee over there, shouldn’t there have been an effort for him to brief you?

MR. CARNEY: Well, you can say what should have been or shouldn’t have been. What I can tell you is what to my knowledge I’m aware of.

we'll see....

Forum List

Back