🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Normalization of abnormal behaviors

You are not injured by being discriminated against.
Gosh, in a week with some serious competition, I think we have found the dumbest thing said in the past 7 days.

I wish I could say it was the dumbest thing said in the past year, or even in the past month, but unfortunately that is not the case around here. We have some world class idiots on this forum, and so this statement only rises to the level of most incredibly stupid thing said this week so far.

Let's talk about freedom. Do you think that you are "free" if you are forced by law to publicly acknowledge, praise, condone, accept or like... someone or something you genuinely don't like? Should you have the freedom to like or dislike on your own terms?

You see, I believe this is at the core of what is currently happening in society. It is being shifted toward a sense of "fairness" by the social justice crew. It's not "fair" that some people are frowned upon, their behavior unacceptable to others. We're forced to accept them and accommodate them in every way, whether we like them or agree with them or not. If we don't, we are labeled and ostracized as racists and bigots.

The thing about "fair" is, you can't have fairness AND freedom. Whatever you do to make things more "fair" for some, makes things more "unfair" for others. The old adage is: Life's not fair. It's been true for thousands of years, it hasn't stopped suddenly being true.

Homosexuality is abnormal human behavior. We can pass all kinds of laws to accommodate homosexuals and their lifestyle. We can condemn anyone who dares to criticize them or discriminate against them in any way. But no matter what society does, homosexuality will remain an abnormal human behavior and some people will not accept it or like it. If you're expecting any other outcome, you are expecting a fantasy to come true. So do we keep passing more laws? Demanding by force that people accept what they don't accept? Is that freedom?

You're kinda right. You don't always have to be fair. Laws do have to be fair. As long as we demand fair laws, and you obey them, you are free to be unfair in all the other ways your greedy little heart wants.

Great, now we're getting somewhere.

Now please explain to me how a law that only makes CERTAIN discrimination illegal is fair or just .

Not to mention the very fact that the government does not have the authority to prevent me from discriminating anyway.

The government has authority to make fair trade laws.

Let's talk about freedom. Do you think that you are "free" if you are forced by law to publicly acknowledge, praise, condone, accept or like... someone or something you genuinely don't like? Should you have the freedom to like or dislike on your own terms?

You see, I believe this is at the core of what is currently happening in society. It is being shifted toward a sense of "fairness" by the social justice crew. It's not "fair" that some people are frowned upon, their behavior unacceptable to others. We're forced to accept them and accommodate them in every way, whether we like them or agree with them or not. If we don't, we are labeled and ostracized as racists and bigots.

The thing about "fair" is, you can't have fairness AND freedom. Whatever you do to make things more "fair" for some, makes things more "unfair" for others. The old adage is: Life's not fair. It's been true for thousands of years, it hasn't stopped suddenly being true.

Homosexuality is abnormal human behavior. We can pass all kinds of laws to accommodate homosexuals and their lifestyle. We can condemn anyone who dares to criticize them or discriminate against them in any way. But no matter what society does, homosexuality will remain an abnormal human behavior and some people will not accept it or like it. If you're expecting any other outcome, you are expecting a fantasy to come true. So do we keep passing more laws? Demanding by force that people accept what they don't accept? Is that freedom?
It is a limitation on freedom, the same as no, you may not burn a witch, I don't really care what your holy book says.

Moderation, even in freedom. Otherwise you don't have freedom, you have anarchy.

Can you burn a witch? No. Can they burn you? No. Free enough.

Burning someone =/= discriminating against them. Can we have an honest discussion please.
The point is exactly the same.

Can you make a law that limits the freedom of one group to discriminate against another group? Yes, you can.

The point is NOT the fucking same you moron.

You are not injured by being discriminated against. You are obviously injured if I burn you.

In point of fact stupid, I could legally hang a sign outside my business that read "no witches" and just kick anyone who I suspected of being a witch right out the door and refuse to serve them and that would be fucking legal. Proving that the occult isn't provided the same protections as race and therefor the so called Public Accommodation laws are unconstitutional b/c they do not protect everyone equally.
A PA law is easy. If you are one, and the customer has money, do your damn job.

You opened a business to make money, not to discriminate. That you can do after hours to your little heart's content.

There is a kind of logical argument that basically says the left's version of 'tolerance' might allow individuals the freedom to be themselves. As much as I hate the normalization of abnormal behaviors the alternative may not be any better. I may not want to live in a society where any behavior that is out of line with what is considered normal is punished harshly. How would anyone feel that they are free to be themselves if they simply can't be themselves without some form of social punishment.

The issue that comes up for me transgenders and homos. On one hand I get a little tired of being told I have to except this when I don't want to but on the other hand I think if people really feel more comfortable being themselves as in dressing up as women then they should be allowed to be themselves. I think that is what everyone really wants which is the freedom to be yourself. If you don't want to except transgenders then don't but if you feel more comfortable being one then be one. It is that simple. I say this and I'm probably going to vote for Trump.

Nobody wants to force you to like transgenders. I'm a little uncomfortable around them myself. All they want is fair treatment and laws that don't discriminate against them. People can still hate them all they want.

no that is not all the more militant want.

In essence gays who want to force businesses to serve them or mentally ill cross dressers who want to force their way tino whatever bathroom facility they want are no different than the loons who want to carry AK47s through town, or idiots who believe they have a right to beat people up and call it a protest, or people who believe they have a right to stand on your lawn and scream that you are going to hell, or people who believe they have a right to fight with police who are simply doing their jobs. Etc etc etc

It's all a symptom of how stupid and selfish the average American has became.

Left or right, who cares ? You don't have a god damn right to violate the rights of other people...................

I'm sure you can find extreme views on any subject, and what a person might want isn't always what they have a right to demand. They demand fair treatment because they deserve it.

They deserve fair treatment from the Government. Absolutely agree. Fair and equal treatment all the way.

They don't deserve ANYTHING from me. I'm not required to treat people equally. That is where liberals get tripped up. I have a right to discriminate. I have that right. Now certainly if I discriminate you have a right to think I'm an asshole. That's not the point. The point is you are using the government to force people to do something all the while screaming about people who want to use the government to force people to behave a certain way.

It's preposterous.

Who has tried to force you to like trans or gay people?

What the hell does that have to do with a philosophical discussion? No one has tried to kill me either, but I have an opinion on the matter if the topic comes up.

Are you really going to deny that there is a concerted effort to force people treat everyone the same through force of government if necessary?

You have to blame the media for normalization of abnormal behavior but you can blame an abusive government for forcing citizens, under penalty of law, to accept it or even support it.

Vote Republican, because you are not injured by being discriminated against.:banana:

You're kinda right. You don't always have to be fair. Laws do have to be fair. As long as we demand fair laws, and you obey them, you are free to be unfair in all the other ways your greedy little heart wants.

Now please explain to me how a law that only makes CERTAIN discrimination illegal is fair or just .

Not to mention the very fact that the government does not have the authority to prevent me from discriminating anyway.

Even if we accept that, and I don't. You still can't explain how a law that provides protections for certain groups, but not others is legal. Mostly, because you can't.

The example used in this thread was witches, so I'll stick with it.

I can discriminate against witches. That's legal. I can't discriminate against a person for their skin color.

Those are both true statements, yes?

It is a limitation on freedom, the same as no, you may not burn a witch, I don't really care what your holy book says.

Moderation, even in freedom. Otherwise you don't have freedom, you have anarchy.

Burning someone =/= discriminating against them. Can we have an honest discussion please.

Can you make a law that limits the freedom of one group to discriminate against another group? Yes, you can.

You are not injured by being discriminated against. You are obviously injured if I burn you.

In point of fact stupid, I could legally hang a sign outside my business that read "no witches" and just kick anyone who I suspected of being a witch right out the door and refuse to serve them and that would be fucking legal. Proving that the occult isn't provided the same protections as race and therefor the so called Public Accommodation laws are unconstitutional b/c they do not protect everyone equally.

You opened a business to make money, not to discriminate. That you can do after hours to your little heart's content.

Actually, it is none of your concern why I opened a business.

If I opened a business to sit here and stare out the door all day long and not serve one single person, can the government force me to make money? Of course not, that is absurd.

Excuse me, but where in the hell is burning a homo legal or acceptable in America? You see, THIS is our problem... people taking things to the ridiculous extremes in comparison, in order to push their agenda. How many times are you going to play the slavery/civil rights card for homosexuals and transgenders... and every other abnormal behavior you wish to normalize? It's just plain STUPID!

To the radical left... "Liberty" has somehow become "Equality!" You're right, we can't have 100% freedom or we'd all be acting like a bunch of chimps at the zoo. But we can't have 100% fairness or we're all prisoners of state, marching in lockstep with our brown jumpsuits. Freedom and fairness are a balancing act. We're currently skewing WAY out of balance.

Vote Republican, because you are not injured by being discriminated against.:banana:

LOL That was much easier than showing how you are injured by being discriminated against hey?

Hey could we pass a law that says that super models must accept any offer of a date that they get?? No discriminating? Yes or no?

You still can't explain how a law that provides protections for certain groups, but not others is legal.
They are legal for the same reason that a Bill of Rights which provides protections for certain rights, but not others, is constitutional.

There were those who argued against the Bill of Rights precisely because it implied rights were bestowed by the Constitution and did not exist in nature, and therefore any rights not named were not protected.

Nobody wants to force you to like transgenders. I'm a little uncomfortable around them myself. All they want is fair treatment and laws that don't discriminate against them. People can still hate them all they want.

no that is not all the more militant want.

In essence gays who want to force businesses to serve them or mentally ill cross dressers who want to force their way tino whatever bathroom facility they want are no different than the loons who want to carry AK47s through town, or idiots who believe they have a right to beat people up and call it a protest, or people who believe they have a right to stand on your lawn and scream that you are going to hell, or people who believe they have a right to fight with police who are simply doing their jobs. Etc etc etc

It's all a symptom of how stupid and selfish the average American has became.

Left or right, who cares ? You don't have a god damn right to violate the rights of other people...................

I'm sure you can find extreme views on any subject, and what a person might want isn't always what they have a right to demand. They demand fair treatment because they deserve it.

They deserve fair treatment from the Government. Absolutely agree. Fair and equal treatment all the way.

They don't deserve ANYTHING from me. I'm not required to treat people equally. That is where liberals get tripped up. I have a right to discriminate. I have that right. Now certainly if I discriminate you have a right to think I'm an asshole. That's not the point. The point is you are using the government to force people to do something all the while screaming about people who want to use the government to force people to behave a certain way.

It's preposterous.

Who has tried to force you to like trans or gay people?

What the hell does that have to do with a philosophical discussion? No one has tried to kill me either, but I have an opinion on the matter if the topic comes up.

Are you really going to deny that there is a concerted effort to force people treat everyone the same through force of government if necessary?

You think there are laws to make you like someone? That's nuts.

There is a kind of logical argument that basically says the left's version of 'tolerance' might allow individuals the freedom to be themselves. As much as I hate the normalization of abnormal behaviors the alternative may not be any better. I may not want to live in a society where any behavior that is out of line with what is considered normal is punished harshly. How would anyone feel that they are free to be themselves if they simply can't be themselves without some form of social punishment.

The issue that comes up for me transgenders and homos. On one hand I get a little tired of being told I have to except this when I don't want to but on the other hand I think if people really feel more comfortable being themselves as in dressing up as women then they should be allowed to be themselves. I think that is what everyone really wants which is the freedom to be yourself. If you don't want to except transgenders then don't but if you feel more comfortable being one then be one. It is that simple. I say this and I'm probably going to vote for Trump.
Women and girls want to be themselves, too, which includes the freedom to feel intruded upon when people other than women enter a women's sanctuary, such as a women's restroom.

Excuse me, but where in the hell is burning a homo legal or acceptable in America? You see, THIS is our problem... people taking things to the ridiculous extremes in comparison, in order to push their agenda. How many times are you going to play the slavery/civil rights card for homosexuals and transgenders... and every other abnormal behavior you wish to normalize? It's just plain STUPID!

To the radical left... "Liberty" has somehow become "Equality!" You're right, we can't have 100% freedom or we'd all be acting like a bunch of chimps at the zoo. But we can't have 100% fairness or we're all prisoners of state, marching in lockstep with our brown jumpsuits. Freedom and fairness are a balancing act. We're currently skewing WAY out of balance.
That's what they said when women and blacks were given rights. Your kind survived then, you will as well.

Even if we accept that, and I don't. You still can't explain how a law that provides protections for certain groups, but not others is legal. Mostly, because you can't.

The example used in this thread was witches, so I'll stick with it.

I can discriminate against witches. That's legal. I can't discriminate against a person for their skin color.

Those are both true statements, yes?

Really? You think you can burn witches? I'll bet Halloween is a hoot in your neighborhood.

This is the very reason we will not let the abnormal trumphucs win or their allies.

Normalization of abnormal behaviors

Here's how stupid Jake is.

Trump has never said word one about gays and is ON RECORD as stating that in his opinions trannies should use whatever restroom they feel comfortable in and still and yet brain damaged Jake tries to lay this at Trump's feet.
fair&unbalanced merely mewls.

You freeks will not be allowed to roll back America to the 1950s.

If I opened a business to sit here and stare out the door all day long and not serve one single person, can the government force me to make money? Of course not, that is absurd.

OK. That was dumb.

LOL That was much easier than showing how you are injured by being discriminated against hey?

Hey could we pass a law that says that super models must accept any offer of a date that they get?? No discriminating? Yes or no?
I'm sure you think your equivocation is clever, but it is like listening to a five year old.

"I hate fish, therefore you are calling me a bigot for discriminating!"

Yes, they can actually.

A business that doesn't make money, isn't trying to make money, is shortly put out of business. It's against the rules.

When the IRS Classifies Your Business as a Hobby - TurboTax Tax Tips & Videos

Forum List

Back