North Carolina approves amendment banning gay marriage

So what's your point exactly?

When the list of wrongs gets long enough then all wrongs will finally make a right?

Taking the right away to defend oneself is more of a Constitutional right than a right to marry. Thats the point.

So some rights are more important than others in your mind?

As long as you're not affected by a loss of liberty you don't care?
There is no right too marry.

Taking the right away to defend oneself is more of a Constitutional right than a right to marry. Thats the point.

I never said there was did I?

What I am saying is that some people are being allowed to enter into a legal property contract that we just happen to call marriage that has certain rights, benefits and privileges attached to it above and beyond standard private contracts and others are being denied that same access.
Now do we not all have a right to be treated equally under the law?

You know, frankly I don't see the need for states to pass laws like this when there is already one on the Federal level. Having said that, I am going to say this, for the longest time I paid little attention to this issue , I had the privledge to have been married to a wonderful woman most of my life who was strong enough to put up with this old sailor. God Blessed us with a wonderful daughter, who is not only brilliant and gifted like her mother, but is also kind and loving and cares about her old dad enough to be at her old dad's side through thick and thin. She is the light of my life and she is also blessed to have the love of a partner who loves her as well. You know what? I don't give a damn who it is as long as they treat her with the same dignity she deserves. Having said all this, everyone deserves to have the honor and diginity of someone in their lives to share it with and I was lucky to have that and would never deny that or seek to deny that to anyone regardless of my personal beliefs. While I respect my fellow board members here who disagree with me on the subject, I tend to think that things like these as I stated earlier are best left in the hands of those who make the best decision on these matters and thats you and I.

What I am saying is that some people are being allowed to enter into a legal property contract that we just happen to call marriage that has certain rights, benefits and privileges attached to it above and beyond standard private contracts and others are being denied that same access.
How can someones right be taken away when there is no right to begin with?

Syphilis spread via heterosexual sex has killed millions. But yet heterosexuals were never denied legal protections.

Killing millions because of saw bone medicine more people were killed because of dumb doctors than the sickness.

This report is from the CDC: In 2008, men who have sex with men (MSM) accounted for 63% of primary and secondary syphilis cases in the United States.

link: CDC - Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Gay and Bisexual Men's Health

And how will preventing gay marriage change any of this?

You know, frankly I don't see the need for states to pass laws like this when there is already one on the Federal level. Having said that, I am going to say this, for the longest time I paid little attention to this issue , I had the privledge to have been married to a wonderful woman most of my life who was strong enough to put up with this old sailor. God Blessed us with a wonderful daughter, who is not only brilliant and gifted like her mother, but is also kind and loving and cares about her old dad enough to be at her old dad's side through thick and thin. She is the light of my life and she is also blessed to have the love of a partner who loves her as well. You know what? I don't give a damn who it is as long as they treat her with the same dignity she deserves. Having said all this, everyone deserves to have the honor and diginity of someone in their lives to share it with and I was lucky to have that and would never deny that or seek to deny that to anyone regardless of my personal beliefs. While I respect my fellow board members here who disagree with me on the subject, I tend to think that things like these as I stated earlier are best left in the hands of those who make the best decision on these matters and thats you and I.

Sure if gays want to live together that's fine with me.

Who got it from a gay heroin addict

Not necessarily. I suggest you look into the etiology of AIDS.

Gays were the first group of people that aids was first to have been trackeed from.

HIV/AIDS Basics | Questions and Answers | CDC HIV/AIDS
The earliest known case of infection with HIV-1 in a human was detected in a blood sample collected in 1959 from a man in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo. (How he became infected is not known.) Genetic analysis of this blood sample suggested that HIV-1 may have stemmed from a single virus in the late 1940s or early 1950s.

Gays were the first group of people that aids was first to have been trackeed from.

The earliest known case of infection with HIV-1 in a human was detected in a blood sample collected in 1959 from a man in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo. (How he became infected is not known.) Genetic analysis of this blood sample suggested that HIV-1 may have stemmed from a single virus in the late 1940s or early 1950s.
Dude....it doesn't matter, he'll just say the guy was gay.

He needs the government to protect him from teh ghey.

Never even realizing that allowing gays to marry would cut down on the spread of aids....not that the spread of aids is the issue here.

How can someones right be taken away when there is no right to begin with?

So no one has the right to enter into a legally sanctioned contract?

All marriage is as far as states are concerned is a property contract, but it is a property contract with unique rights and benefits

Denying some from entering into that contract is denying their very right to be treated equally under the law.

Last edited:

CDC just a political smoke screen to keep from blaming aids on the gay lifestyle. Question in the early 80's how many gays died with aids versus non gay people?

A constitutional amendment that deprives civil liberties is certainly nothing new in the South.

The amendment deprives them of the privilege of being classified as "married". The benefits can (and should) be given under other laws.

They are voting to deny legal contractual property rights benefits and privileges to some people and grant them to others.

In no other venue and for no other population would that denial of legal protection be acceptable.

There is nothing prohibiting gays or anyone else from entering into any contractual rights they choose. Contract rights are not impaired in the slightest.

Try and tell that gay who have had their right of medical proxy revoked by a family member of their partner.

Try telling that to a member of a same sex couple who can't list a partner as a beneficiary to a pension. How about leaving property without taxation to a partner?

There are many benefits of the marriage contract that are not afforded to those not married.

That is what God made lawyers for!

Forum List

Back