North Carolina approves amendment banning gay marriage

Didn't I say about 10,000 times that I think polygamy, ect, should be legal?

You're like a broken record...

Do you have an example of a culture or society which worked where people breed like dogs?

(don't use Detroit)

Why? How does this relate to the conversation?

You argue on this based on a mindless set of principles for your 'Libertarian gov't,' which can never exist in the real world.

Therefore, your opinion on the matter is not valid.

I think States have the right to vote and voice their opinion, but I am (and will always be) against measures that unnecessarily restrict our Freedoms and our Liberties under law.

The States have a right to vote for a 90% top tax bracket, and I'll be against that too.

If there exists gays, and they want to marry, I (personally) see no reason why they should not be allowed to do so. To allow them has no effect on my life (or anyone else's), and serves to benefit their life greatly.

Therefore I'm pro-SSM..

Fine gays want to get married it's their right but it's also the right of those people who want to have more than one spouse and the right to marry teenagers above the age of 16 and also people have the right to marry a family member. But then again we do have laws against such rights and for good reason just like homosexual acts.

But it is illegal for a reason, but those people are having their rights infringed upon. Once you give a certain group a special right you will be opening the flood gates for other groups seeking their right for what most see as abnormal lifestyle.

Fine gays want to get married it's their right but it's also the right of those people who want to have more than one spouse and the right to marry teenagers above the age of 16 and also people have the right to marry a family member. But then again we do have laws against such rights and for good reason just like homosexual acts.

But it is illegal for a reason, but those people are having their rights infringed upon. Once you give a certain group a special right you will be opening the flood gates for other groups seeking their right for what most see as abnormal lifestyle.

Why would you make something illegal that does not infringe on anyone else's personal rights in society? And who are you to define what's normal and what is normal - are you God?

Why would you make something illegal that does not infringe on anyone else's personal rights in society? And who are you to define what's normal and what is normal - are you God?

Because a society where everyone breeds like dogs would never work.

Agree or disagree, and back it up.

Why would I? I said it is illegal as in laws on the books against those acts.

It is the classic Libertarian fail argument.

Thousands of years of human society and culture has given us the definition of marriage for a reason.

Without government 'intruding' on morality, we have anarchy.

See; Deadwood
That's why I can't be a hard core Libertarian I can never support the right of someone that wants to do something abnormal. that's why we have laws against such things.

Sadly, us mainstream conservatives believe in so much they believe in, but in the end, they are totalitarians.

You are a wing nut, not a main stream conservative.

Constraints do not believe in restraints on adults' behavior that does not injure others.

We homosexuals have such a poor track record on good marriage behavior that perhaps we can learn something from the same sex folks.

Dogs actually have very limited tolerance for deviant behavior. Dog society is fairly rigidly structured, and dogs that don't behave according to the doggy code get driven out or killed.

Nobody is restricting their liberty to get married.

But being "married" isn't two people of the same sex. The word has a meaning, and it doesn't mean "two chicks who like each other a lot".

We provide certain perks to married couples....just as insurance companies give perks for having a good driving record, or people can accrue flight hours for flying a lot. Just because those things are available doesn't mean they are available for the asking to people who haven't participated in the behavior that earns them frequent flier miles or lower insurance rates. I'm not going to call you a woman, or a dog, or a tent, just because you say "I want to be a tent". You wanting it doesn't make it so, and I'm under no obligation to define you as something I know you're not. You don't have the right to force me to provide you with the benefits or the title that is reserved for a specific group of people, that you have chosen not to be included with.

Now if someone said "Gay people can't marry a person of the opposite sex" I would say "that's a violation of their rights". Because it would be. We would be denying them something that anyone else can engage in, just because they're gay.

But they aren't denied marriage because they're gay. That's not what's happening. They are saying "we're not going to participate in this ritual but we still want you to give us the benefits of it."

Sorry. You don't get a self manager button if you refuse to participate in the program.

And the above is why we have a Constitution, to protect citizens from such ignorance and hate, and the desire to codify that ignorance and hate.

There is no right to getting married dumb ass.

When all 50 states have laws on the books that define the contract of marraige, and limit a significant class from entering that union, it's denial of equal protection. Equal protection is a clear right.

Do you have an example of a culture or society which worked where people breed like dogs?

(don't use Detroit)

You argue on this based on a mindless set of principles for your 'Libertarian gov't,' which can never exist in the real world.

Thanks for that insightful statement. I can see you're using deep intellect to defend your position.

We've seen Authoritarian Regimes who rigidly define right and wrong exists thousands of times within history. The Nazis, Soviet Union, and North Korea - to name a few.

They either have ended in disaster or will end in disaster.

I'm just proposing some new ideas and urging fellow Americans to increase their liberties rather than restrict.

If you're so adamantly against that concept than so be it.

Dogs actually have very limited tolerance for deviant behavior. Dog society is fairly rigidly structured, and dogs that don't behave according to the doggy code get driven out or killed.

Kevin and Jake envision a Great Society where social order is sub-dog.

Nope. Marriage defines the state of matrimony between, specifically, a male and a female. Anyone who wants to enter into that sort of union is free to participate. Nobody is excluded.

If you don't want to enter into a state of matrimony with a person of the opposite sex, then marriage isn't what you are interested in. You aren't being denied anything, you're opting out.

but it is illegal for a reason, but those people are having their rights infringed upon. Once you give a certain group a special right you will be opening the flood gates for other groups seeking their right for what most see as abnormal lifestyle.

why would you make something illegal that does not infringe on anyone else's personal rights in society? And who are you to define what's normal and what is normal - are you god?

why would i? I said it is illegal as in laws on the books against those acts.

?

Marriage is the contractual union of two loving people, and our state laws differ on whether it should be limited to male and female. The trending during the last fifteen years is leaving that subset behind.

And that's a scary thought.

Groups of deviant dogs, or even lone deviant dogs, are unpredictable, dangerous, and a threat to other dogs.

Thanks for that insightful statement. I can see you're using deep intellect to defend your position.

We've seen Authoritarian Regimes who rigidly define right and wrong exists thousands of times within history. The Nazis, Soviet Union, and North Korea - to name a few.

I'm just proposing some new ideas and urging fellow Americans to increase their liberties rather than restrict.

You are obfuscating.

Give us an example of a society which has ever worked where people breed like dogs and cats - such as you are advocating as permissible.

We are waiting.

You know what Sniper, I'm really trying to have a decent conversation with you, but you always resort to this sort of shit.

Are you intentionally trying to fit the label of a troll, or are you just not capable of keeping up with a big-boy conversation?

You are obfuscating.

Give us an example of a society which has ever worked where people breed like dogs and cats - such as you are advocating as permissible.

We are waiting.

Free sex will bring down a society as quick as an enemy from another country can.

Forum List

Back