North Carolina outlaws sanctuary cities

What would a wetback be doing in NC, besides the laundry?
Same thing they do everywhere. The jobs americans wont work.

The only reason Americans won't do the work is because the illegals have allowed the employers to devalue the job pay levels in those job areas. A two tier wage system exists thanks to the illegals. Send them home and the employers will be forced to raise wages up to where they should be and Americans will do those jobs again.

It's simple economics.
Yes its simple economics. Imagine paying $20 for 1 tomato after they send the illegals home. Its amazing supposedly intelligent people are so gullible about this. There is a reason why there is a lot of noise but nothing will ever be done. The economy in CA for example would tank. Think about the effects of the 8th largest economy in the world tanking. Is that what you want?

Hyperbole much? No, what you would see is the final automization of the jobs that can be. the fair treatment of workers, and yes, you would see the price of tomato's go up. A few cents. Not to 20 bucks. Get real, your hysteria while amusing is far from factual.
A little hyperbole but not much. Guaranteed it will be more than a few cents more like a couple of bucks. Dont you realize that business always pass on the cost of doing business to the customer as much as possible even if it takes a few years?
So you support the continued skirting of labor law and paying people far less than the minimum wage in order to ensure your tomatoes are cheaper?

If not your entire argument is pointless.

The only reason Americans won't do the work is because the illegals have allowed the employers to devalue the job pay levels in those job areas. A two tier wage system exists thanks to the illegals. Send them home and the employers will be forced to raise wages up to where they should be and Americans will do those jobs again.

It's simple economics.
Yes its simple economics. Imagine paying $20 for 1 tomato after they send the illegals home. Its amazing supposedly intelligent people are so gullible about this. There is a reason why there is a lot of noise but nothing will ever be done. The economy in CA for example would tank. Think about the effects of the 8th largest economy in the world tanking. Is that what you want?
Bullshit. The CA economy would continue doing just fine.
No it wouldnt do just fine if produce became more expensive. Tack on the effects of the drought and you may well have a disaster in the making. I'll ask you like I have asked others. Why do you think nothing solid has been done about the illegal immigrant problem?

It's simple economics.

Hyperbole much? No, what you would see is the final automization of the jobs that can be. the fair treatment of workers, and yes, you would see the price of tomato's go up. A few cents. Not to 20 bucks. Get real, your hysteria while amusing is far from factual.
A little hyperbole but not much. Guaranteed it will be more than a few cents more like a couple of bucks. Dont you realize that business always pass on the cost of doing business to the customer as much as possible even if it takes a few years?
So you support the continued skirting of labor law and paying people far less than the minimum wage in order to ensure your tomatoes are cheaper?

If not your entire argument is pointless.
Sounds like a strawman. Where did I say that?

I'm not arguing. I'm making an observation.

It's simple economics.
No it wouldnt do just fine if produce became more expensive. Tack on the effects of the drought and you may well have a disaster in the making. I'll ask you like I have asked others. Why do you think nothing solid has been done about the illegal immigrant problem?
Because neither party wants to do anything about the immigrant issue. It suppresses wages and therefore allows a larger profit margin. It also allows them to work with a labor base that does not have recourse in unfair practices.

It's simple economics.
Because neither party wants to do anything about the immigrant issue. It suppresses wages and therefore allows a larger profit margin. It also allows them to work with a labor base that does not have recourse in unfair practices.
Bingo. You do something about the illegal immigrant problem and all that money goes away.

Thank you Mr. Trump

North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory signed a bill into law Wednesday that bans any policy that interferes with the enforcement of federal immigration laws.

The Protect N.C. Workers Act,HB 318, reins in local and municipal policies that disregarded federal law by providing sanctuary or "safe" cities, and public benefits like food stamps, for individuals illegally in the U.S.
Basically, they ruled against states rights. Ironic.

This state felt that the federal law had merit and chose to show its support.

Is a state exercising "states rights" only if it acts in opposition to the federal government?

You should probably define what "states rights" mean before saying anything more.

Thank you Mr. Trump

North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory signed a bill into law Wednesday that bans any policy that interferes with the enforcement of federal immigration laws.

The Protect N.C. Workers Act,HB 318, reins in local and municipal policies that disregarded federal law by providing sanctuary or "safe" cities, and public benefits like food stamps, for individuals illegally in the U.S.

I live in North Carolina. The legislature here has been doing a great job since taking over for the Democrats and their Century of mismanagement and corruption. This is just another example. I wish we could get the DC Republicans to act like many of the States who actually have generally positive Parties do

Thank you Mr. Trump

The State of North Carolina violated their own rights.

:wtf:

Did that one even sound good to you when you wrote it? Maybe you should put less tequilla in your coffee, just a thought. I know hair of the dog and all. but wow, you really want that on the record?

This state felt that the federal law had merit and chose to show its support.

Is a state exercising "states rights" only if it acts in opposition to the federal government?

You should probably define what "states rights" mean before saying anything more.

Just goes to show leftists not only oppose State rights, they don't even know what it means

Yes its simple economics. Imagine paying $20 for 1 tomato after they send the illegals home.

HAHAHA. $20 for a tomato??? Where did you get that.? Fact is that picking a fruit is a very very small part of the cost of that fruit. How many tomatoes can a person pick in an hour.?? Lets's say one every 10 seconds so that would be around 350 an hour. If we raised the picker's wage to $35 an hour, that is still just 10 cents a tomato. THINK

Illegal aliens are potential Democrat voters and they keep the American poor poor so they keep voting for Democrats. Poverty is win-win for Democrats, and they know that

Thank you Mr. Trump

Did that one even sound good to you when you wrote it? Maybe you should put less tequilla in your coffee, just a thought. I know hair of the dog and all. but wow, you really want that on the record?

I still don't get what he is trying to say

What a bunch of hypocrites. The folks who constantly promote small government and profess to hate big government interference are now promoting big government authority and interference with small and local government.

Thank you Mr. Trump

I still don't get what he is trying to say

Neither does Ravi

What a bunch of hypocrites. The folks who constantly promote small government and profess to hate big government interference are now promoting big government authority and interference with small and local government.

You know, I'm the first person to call out so called conservatives when they abandon small government principles, and all I can say is that you're barking up the entirely wrong tree, on the verge of saying something batshit crazy. It's a state law. And all it does is say that the state won't tolerate practices that that are counter to federal immigration law. Inasmuch as immigration law is a proper exercise of federal government power, there is absolutely nothing here that amounts to some kind of "big government" action or interference.

You know, I'm the first person to call out so called conservatives when they abandon small government principles, and all I can say is that you're barking up the entirely wrong tree, on the verge of saying something batshit crazy. It's a state law. And all it does is say that the state won't tolerate practices that that are counter to federal immigration law. Inasmuch as immigration law is a proper exercise of federal government power, there is absolutely nothing here that amounts to some kind of "big government" action or interference.
This is state government in the role of "big government" overruling the wishes of local town or city small government. If the federal government threatened to take the action the state has taken the very same people supporting the state's action would be complaining about the feds being "big government".

This is state government in the role of "big government" overruling the wishes of local town or city small government.

No, you're absolutely incorrect. You seem to think that objections to "big government" are a simple matter of hierarchy and a desire to avoid upper tiers of a hierarchy from acting. But nothing could be further from the truth.

The federal government has a role. State governments have a role. Local governments have a role. Setting and enforcing immigration policy is the role of the federal government. When the federal government exercises that role, there is no "big government" issue at work.

The matter set here is a state government action, and one that is 100% within a state's discretion. Therefore, there is no "big government" issue here.

Forum List

Back