North Carolina outlaws sanctuary cities

Funny how when it comes to immigration the conservatives now want to take law making and self-rule away from the people and give dictatorial power to the state.

Who is doing that? This is the second off the wall post from you in this thread...

Funny how when it comes to immigration the conservatives now want to take law making and self-rule away from the people and give dictatorial power to the state.

The federal Constitution does not grant the fedeal government authority over immigration issues. The states retained the authority to confer their citizenship upon whomever they desire.

Congress only have jurisdiction to confer US citizenship.

Who is doing that? This is the second off the wall post from you in this thread...
The state has taken away the rights of the towns and cities to operate their town and city agencies. Authority of the towns and cities has been taken away and handed over to the state. That is what dictatorial states do.

Thank you Mr. Trump

North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory signed a bill into law Wednesday that bans any policy that interferes with the enforcement of federal immigration laws.

The Protect N.C. Workers Act,HB 318, reins in local and municipal policies that disregarded federal law by providing sanctuary or "safe" cities, and public benefits like food stamps, for individuals illegally in the U.S.

I live in North Carolina. The legislature here has been doing a great job since taking over for the Democrats and their Century of mismanagement and corruption. This is just another example. I wish we could get the DC Republicans to act like many of the States who actually have generally positive Parties do
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wow, you laugh because they aren't leftist. Is that supposed to sting or something?

I do hope to see more states do this..

Looks like Texas is working on it...

Texas Gov Vows Sanctuary Cities Will Not Be Tolerated
Go for it, and watch Texas suddenly fall apart. Perry never took action against them because they do all the damn work...
Then let it fall apart, and rebuild, afterwards.

If there is a price to be paid, then best to pay it sooner, rather than later, as the cost continues to spiral upwards.

Time to bite the bullet, take the pain, and put it behind us.

This law is 95% political postering. Sanctuary cities are nothing more than cities that do not ask for documentation of alien status without probable cause, which is unconstitutional anyway. Only the E-Verify part of the law is actually something that is being implemented that is new.

This law is 95% political postering. Sanctuary cities are nothing more than cities that do not ask for documentation of alien status without probable cause, which is unconstitutional anyway. Only the E-Verify part of the law is actually something that is being implemented that is new.

So if sanctuary cities are just political posturing then there's no harm in stopping them, is there?

Thank you Mr. Trump

North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory signed a bill into law Wednesday that bans any policy that interferes with the enforcement of federal immigration laws.

The Protect N.C. Workers Act,HB 318, reins in local and municipal policies that disregarded federal law by providing sanctuary or "safe" cities, and public benefits like food stamps, for individuals illegally in the U.S.

I live in North Carolina. The legislature here has been doing a great job since taking over for the Democrats and their Century of mismanagement and corruption. This is just another example. I wish we could get the DC Republicans to act like many of the States who actually have generally positive Parties do

Wow, you laugh because they aren't leftist. Is that supposed to sting or something?
I laugh at your comment that the NC legislature is doing a great job. Really funny stuff right there. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thank you Mr. Trump

I laugh at your comment that the NC legislature is doing a great job. Really funny stuff right there. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Two posts, zero content, you're batting your average so far.

So what do you object to exactly, Sarah the clown?

Illegal aliens are potential Democrat voters and they keep the American poor poor so they keep voting for Democrats. Poverty is win-win for Democrats, and they know that

Yup - democrats don't want intelligent skilled people coming to america. They want welfare trash that will vote for them.
Youre already here and unskilled but you are too dumb to vote in your best interests.

Thank you Mr. Trump

Two posts, zero content, you're batting your average so far.

So what do you object to exactly, Sarah the clown?
You keep on believing that NC is doing great right now. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So if sanctuary cities are just political posturing then there's no harm in stopping them, is there?

There is no harm, but they are not stopping anything, other than the E-verify being required before hiring.

I do not think you are correct in this assessment. They do not ask for documentation of alien status at ALL under any circumstances. That is what I gather at least though the law is different from city to city.

This is state government in the role of "big government" overruling the wishes of local town or city small government.

No, you're absolutely incorrect. You seem to think that objections to "big government" are a simple matter of hierarchy and a desire to avoid upper tiers of a hierarchy from acting. But nothing could be further from the truth.

The federal government has a role. State governments have a role. Local governments have a role. Setting and enforcing immigration policy is the role of the federal government. When the federal government exercises that role, there is no "big government" issue at work.

The matter set here is a state government action, and one that is 100% within a state's discretion. Therefore, there is no "big government" issue here.
There is a serious disconnect with some of the left posters here about small government conservatives. They have been holding the asinine view that a small government conservative has nothing to do with delegated powers and everything to do with hatred of all government.

We have 40 million illegals in america so if you have brown skin there is probable cause to ask for documentation.

And sanctuary cities and states do lots of other things to harm america. . They give drivers licenses and welfare to illegals and CA is now letting them vote.

Forum List

Back