North Carolina School Baptizes 100 Kids Without Parents’ Permission

It looks like grooming is reaching new heights in the south.Shouldnt these children be learning maths and stuff in school ?
Dumb for the school to not notify parents but it is a parochial school, so I am thinking and so? The after effects of being dipped in water is no big risk at all to the children, kids do things spontaneously and no one was forced to be baptized.

It’s not like the kids are getting an abortion (of course you don’t need to notify parents about a child having an abortion) or having their sex change. It is hardly newsworthy.

If you send your children to a RELIGIOUS academy, you must expect them to receive RELIGIOUS instruction.

If it can be proven these children were somehow coerced into accepting the baptismal rite, then the school needs to be sued for everything it’s worth. If the kids chose of their own accord, the school should be chastised for not getting parental consent.

It's a Baptist school. It's in the school program.
All Baptist schools do it.
If it’s an acknowledged part of the school program, the parents have no leg to stand on in complaining. They just didn’t read the fine print of the contract they signed.

The parents paid money for this service ... how is this any of your business? ... Baptism doesn't require parental permission in this particular church, so parents joining this church can expect their children to be baptized ...

Methodists give children waffers at Communion without parental permission ... let's get upset about that too ... God forbid we mention giving children wine without parental permission ...

The downside of not having a State Church ...
I'm sure the parents knew for a long time...lololol

Tammy the Cuck strikes again

Sounds like a "get'm young" while stimulating peer pressure, herd instinct move on the part of that private school, perpetrated on children. Not the way to actually bring kids to The Lord.

This is taught in most evangelical churches. You have to get them young, the older they get the lower the chances of them 'coming to the lord" become. Once they become teens the chances fo them accepting Jesus drop to less than 15%.

This is taught in most evangelical churches. You have to get them young, the older they get the lower the chances of them 'coming to the lord" become. Once they become teens the chances fo them accepting Jesus drop to less than 15%.
And then rises from there.....

Still a low budget recruitment technique, not one likely to actually cultivate a long-term belief or commitment. I say this as a Christian and a parent.

But if it is a Baptist school, isn't it implied the children would be baptized there?

I was baptized in the church of Christ when I was 12 or 13......because my parents and grandparents went to the church....yea, that can be considered grooming.....but at least I ain't Buddhist or some other inferior religion...like Mormons....
I went to an anglican school. That amounted to prayers and hymns in assembly every morning.Nobody took it seriously and half the class were Chapel anyway.
There was certainly no grooming going on.

Still a low budget recruitment technique, not one likely to actually cultivate a long-term belief or commitment. I say this as a Christian and a parent.
My wife was baptized at a church when she was very young, without parental consent and she couldn’t tell you what the name of the church was. It never affected her life negatively.

Forum List

Back