North Korea fires another missile, government shutdown looming...

Look at the meteoric rise when Trump was elected.
And I also know the Board attributed the rise to Trumps election.

I am sure they do. I mean Trump just appointed a guy to lead the CFPB that gets 75% of this campaign donations from Wall Street, banks and insurance companies. Those people are dancing in the board rooms right now, no more rules, no more fear of going to jail or paying a fine. They are going to make money hand over fist with no fear of breaking the law while they do it.

I love how it's helping me the average guy.

First off, if you own stocks you are not the "average guy", especially if you own enough to make a difference. If you own 100 shares you have made 1200 since election day, if you have more than that you are far from an average guy.

Second, they are more than happy to share their crumbs with you while they dine on lobster and caviar.

So the average guy doesnt have a 401K?

The average guy has a 401K that has a multitude of different stocks and bonds and ETFs and the like. 401ks never just have one stock in them, at least not if they are being ran by a legit operation.

So, if you are talking about your 401k then pointing out a single stock that might be in it is meaningless.

Do not get me wrong here, I am enjoying the ride, my 401k and my wife's are both doing well and our portfolio is knocking it out of the park even though it is a low risk as we are in the thinking about retiring in a decade mode.

But I have been enjoying the ride up since 2010, it is not anything new. Presidents have very little control over these things, I give them neither credit nor blame as they not have the power to affect much.

If you would like a better understanding of what drives our markets I would suggest you read this book...https://www.amazon.com/Fragile-Design-Political-Princeton-Economic/dp/0691155240&tag=ff0d01-20

I have both.

I am sure they do. I mean Trump just appointed a guy to lead the CFPB that gets 75% of this campaign donations from Wall Street, banks and insurance companies. Those people are dancing in the board rooms right now, no more rules, no more fear of going to jail or paying a fine. They are going to make money hand over fist with no fear of breaking the law while they do it.

I love how it's helping me the average guy.

First off, if you own stocks you are not the "average guy", especially if you own enough to make a difference. If you own 100 shares you have made 1200 since election day, if you have more than that you are far from an average guy.

Second, they are more than happy to share their crumbs with you while they dine on lobster and caviar.

So the average guy doesnt have a 401K?

The average guy has a 401K that has a multitude of different stocks and bonds and ETFs and the like. 401ks never just have one stock in them, at least not if they are being ran by a legit operation.

So, if you are talking about your 401k then pointing out a single stock that might be in it is meaningless.

Do not get me wrong here, I am enjoying the ride, my 401k and my wife's are both doing well and our portfolio is knocking it out of the park even though it is a low risk as we are in the thinking about retiring in a decade mode.

But I have been enjoying the ride up since 2010, it is not anything new. Presidents have very little control over these things, I give them neither credit nor blame as they not have the power to affect much.

If you would like a better understanding of what drives our markets I would suggest you read this book...https://www.amazon.com/Fragile-Design-Political-Princeton-Economic/dp/0691155240&tag=ff0d01-20

I have both.

Then I would contend you are not the "average" guy, especially id you have enough bank stock to make a real difference.

It does not take all that much to be "above average" economically in this country.

I am on the booming economy train. I have a connecting ride on the mock all dumbfucks train as well. Hence I'm in your thread.

The booming economy has nothing to do with Trump, it is just following the trends from the last 4 or so years. I am also enjoying the ride, but have been for longer than 10 months since Trump took over. Hell, this past Feb I took pulled $10,000 from my investment account and I already have that back and then some.

Um what? You seriously can't even manage to say that Trump is the reason the stock market has been booming since the day after the election?

Good Lord you have the Trump Derangement Syndrome something fierce.

Another partisan hack with his head up Trump's ass. The stock market has been booming for 4 plus years, all that is happening now is a continuation of that trend.

I wonder if when the boom burst if morons like you will blame Trump since you are giving him credit now even though he has done nothing. Actually I do not wonder, I know you do not have it in you to do such a thing. You are just one more party before country hack

Whatever you say retard.

And you bet, if these tax cuts don't get through and the stock market drops, I'll blame Trump and the other GOP retards.

You on the other hand.........

Me on the other hand knows how the system works and knows that notTrump nor Obama nor Bush II nor Clinton... has as much control as sheep like you give them credit for.

Dude, the stock market has DOUBLED in value since Trump was elected, you have to give the man at least some credit for that.

Especially given that those who actually you know do this for a living, acknowledge that the gains are due ENTIRELY to Trump's proposed tax plan and the belief that it is going to happen.

IF this tax proposal doesn't go through, the stock market WILL drop, and IF that happens I am quite certain that folks like YOU will blame Trump.

If you get the blame for something if it's bad, you likewise deserve credit when it goes good.

The booming economy has nothing to do with Trump, it is just following the trends from the last 4 or so years. I am also enjoying the ride, but have been for longer than 10 months since Trump took over. Hell, this past Feb I took pulled $10,000 from my investment account and I already have that back and then some.

Um what? You seriously can't even manage to say that Trump is the reason the stock market has been booming since the day after the election?

Another partisan hack with his head up Trump's ass. The stock market has been booming for 4 plus years, all that is happening now is a continuation of that trend.

I wonder if when the boom burst if morons like you will blame Trump since you are giving him credit now even though he has done nothing. Actually I do not wonder, I know you do not have it in you to do such a thing. You are just one more party before country hack

Whatever you say retard.

And you bet, if these tax cuts don't get through and the stock market drops, I'll blame Trump and the other GOP retards.

Me on the other hand knows how the system works and knows that notTrump nor Obama nor Bush II nor Clinton... has as much control as sheep like you give them credit for.

Dude, the stock market has DOUBLED in value since Trump was elected, you have to give the man at least some credit for that.

Especially given that those who actually you know do this for a living, acknowledge that the gains are due ENTIRELY to Trump's proposed tax plan and the belief that it is going to happen.

IF this tax proposal doesn't go through, the stock market WILL drop, and IF that happens I am quite certain that folks like YOU will blame Trump.

If you get the blame for something if it's bad, you likewise deserve credit when it goes good.
You're wasting your breath.

Whatever you say retard.

You're wasting your breath.

I can always draw more.

Please provide the evidence this is a true statement.

Nobody that knows what they are doing gives a single reason for the stock market gain or loss, this is not even a good lie.

You will never hear me blame any president for the stockmart fall, I know better. I understand how it works.

If you get the blame for something if it's bad, you likewise deserve credit when it goes good

And the reverse of that is true, but what are the chances any of the Trump lemmings blame Trump when it falls, which it will.

Whatever you say retard.

See, this is they hyperbole that bugs me. Trump supporters say stuff like "the stock market has doubled since Trump took office".

Only thing is, they are wrong.

Here's what the stock market looked like on Jan 20, 2017, the day Trump took office. On the day he was sworn in, the DOW was at 19,827. If the stock market had doubled by now, it would be at over 38,000. No, the stock market has not doubled under Trump.

STOCKS CLIMB: Here's what you need to know

• Dow: 19,827.25, +94.85, (+0.48%)
  • S&P 500: 2,271.31, +7.62, (+0.34%)
  • Nasdaq: 5,555.33, +15.25, (+0.28%)
  • US 10-year yield: 2.467%, +0.008
  • WTI Crude: $53.18, +1.06, (+2.03%)

Whatever you say retard.

See, this is they hyperbole that bugs me. Trump supporters say stuff like "the stock market has doubled since Trump took office".

Only thing is, they are wrong.

Here's what the stock market looked like on Jan 20, 2017, the day Trump took office. On the day he was sworn in, the DOW was at 19,827. If the stock market had doubled by now, it would be at over 38,000. No, the stock market has not doubled under Trump.

STOCKS CLIMB: Here's what you need to know

• Dow: 19,827.25, +94.85, (+0.48%)
  • S&P 500: 2,271.31, +7.62, (+0.34%)
  • Nasdaq: 5,555.33, +15.25, (+0.28%)
  • US 10-year yield: 2.467%, +0.008
  • WTI Crude: $53.18, +1.06, (+2.03%)

Why is your starting date Jan 20, 2017? It should be Nov 6th 2016.

In actuality, coming into the election the Dow avg had done something it hadn't done since October of 2008. It closed DOWN for 8 straight days to end at 17,930 on election day.

It's sitting at 23,901 as of right now. That is a 30% increase in value. So yeah I suppose doubled is hyperbole, but pretending like there hasn't been a massive increase in value since Trump was elected is just ignorance.

If there is a government shutdown, the military is gonna be pissed about missing their paychecks until it is restarted.

I know that the shutdown in the mid 90's was a pain in the ass. Had to send a lot of people to Navy Relief to get help paying their bills until they got paid again.

Also was hard on the military, because all the civilians on the base were sent home, and we had to take up the slack from their being gone.

If there is a government shutdown, the military is gonna be pissed about missing their paychecks until it is restarted.

I know that the shutdown in the mid 90's was a pain in the ass. Had to send a lot of people to Navy Relief to get help paying their bills until they got paid again.

Also was hard on the military, because all the civilians on the base were sent home, and we had to take up the slack from their being gone.
I don't think our lol friends on the right want to stick any pins in our economy especially with elections around the corner

Good to know he's focused on what's important.
Trump doesn't need to focus on one thing.
Yes you're right His focus on Bill Clintons problems 18 or so years ago Scarborough s problems with his intern 17 years ago ,smashing muslims supporting the alabama pedofile bashing obama and hillary proves he can focus on many things

Who's an Alabama pedophile?
Soggy Make believe this is a game show>>>> Mr Soggy for 1000 bucks who is a Alabama pediphile??

The government is not going to shutdown.

What makes you think that?

Because it really never has... they've closed a few parks, furloughed some workers, etc. Then they open the parks back up, bring the workers back with full back pay.

Wrong. That is not what happened in the mid 90's when I was stationed in Newport RI. They shut the government down for around 24 days, and during that time, the military was still expected to show up to work. Yeah, we were told we would get back pay, but until then, we had to go to Navy Relief to get money to pay bills. As far as the civilians that were furloughed? Yes, they were sent home, and yes they were brought back when the government was opened back up, but no, they didn't get any pay for that time they were sent home. Many of them suffered a hardship for a while because of it.

You don't really understand how a government shutdown affects people.

Good liberal soldiers don't have enough to own stocks so cannot be expected to understand market workings. Only the liberal ruling elite have the money or the intellect.

And the liberal elite damn well want to keep it that way!

Forum List

Back