North Korea fires another missile, government shutdown looming...

Hey are you one of the lefties that attacked Reagan for wanting to build SDI?

Feeling kind of stupid now?

I am not a leftie and was not one during the Reagan years either. Reagan was my first Commander and Chief. Will admit as a young Marine I didn't think too much about the SDI. My first unit though was a HAWK missile battalion and that was a thing of beauty.

If we had our heads screwed on right, we would have defenses in place to take care of any attack from North Korea.

This is on our political leadership of the last 30 years.

Their incompetence is criminal.

North Korea's nukes are not a threat to the US mainland. But they are a problem for our two strongest allies in the region, Japan and South Korea. We also have a lot of troops stationed in those two countries that are at risk as well.

But hey, the NFL is way more important, as you can tell by Trump's tweeting

Defense systems take years to design and build. SDI should have been put in place decades ago.

If Trump called the pentagon on day one, and told them to move as quickly as possible, it would still be years.

This is on the presidents SINCE Reagan, all of them.

And the NFL issue is important. The fact that blatant anti-Americanism is considered normal by a large percentage of "Americans" is a huge problem for this nation.

Bigger than NOrth Korean nukes, actually.

We don't need SDI. We have the satellites that can track missile launches and predict their trajectory. We have surface to air missiles, and air to air missiles that can take out any missile that NK can launch at us. Now SDI would help SK and Japan, but did we ever try to do that? If we did I don't remember.

Do we have those missiles stationed in Hawaii linked to those satellites? What are their hit to miss ratios?

I don't believe we have the capability. We have not been a serious nation since Reagan, and only partially serious during his administration.

I am not a leftie and was not one during the Reagan years either. Reagan was my first Commander and Chief. Will admit as a young Marine I didn't think too much about the SDI. My first unit though was a HAWK missile battalion and that was a thing of beauty.

If we had our heads screwed on right, we would have defenses in place to take care of any attack from North Korea.

North Korea's nukes are not a threat to the US mainland. But they are a problem for our two strongest allies in the region, Japan and South Korea. We also have a lot of troops stationed in those two countries that are at risk as well.

Defense systems take years to design and build. SDI should have been put in place decades ago.

If Trump called the pentagon on day one, and told them to move as quickly as possible, it would still be years.

And the NFL issue is important. The fact that blatant anti-Americanism is considered normal by a large percentage of "Americans" is a huge problem for this nation.

We are not defenseless, I do not know where you got such an idea.

Since when did exercising one's 1st amendment rights become blatant anti-Americanism? If you do not like people having freedom of speech, then maybe you should move to North Korea since they do not have it and you are so fucking worried about their nukes.

1. What systems do we have in place to take down an intercontinental ballistic missile in flight?

Surface to air missiles:
Missiles launched from ships and subs off the coast of NK.
Air to air missiles launched from fighter jets.
Surface to air missiles launched from the US.

2. Since what they have to say is to smear all of America and Americans, and they are being celebrated and protected by a large percentage of the nation.

3. Your stawman that this is about free speech is because you know that you are in the wrong and cannot defend their actions nor the response from your people.

Yes and yes.

Trump signed a tax bill? When did that happen?

You think he's NOT going to sign it? Come on snowflake, give it up.

I think it is impossible for him to sign it.

You're desperate snowflake. The tax bill will become law. Give it up.

Which one, the House one or the Senate one? They both can't.

Just stop snowflake. You are embarrassing yourself.

So, you do not actually understand the process. I got it. Sorry, I assumed you were semi-intelligent. But I gave you too much credit. My bad. Will not let it happen again

We don't need SDI. We have the satellites that can track missile launches and predict their trajectory. We have surface to air missiles, and air to air missiles that can take out any missile that NK can launch at us. Now SDI would help SK and Japan, but did we ever try to do that? If we did I don't remember.

Do we have those missiles stationed in Hawaii linked to those satellites? What are their hit to miss ratios?

I don't believe we have the capability. We have not been a serious nation since Reagan, and only partially serious during his administration.

We have them on ships and submarines that are mobile and not restricted to land. they are guided by GPS or it's latest military equivalent so its probably 100% hit.

You can believe what you want to. You can stay in panic mode as long as you want. the fact of the matter is that this isn't our first nuclear rodeo, we have been preparing for this since Kruschev ran the USSR. NK is in the stone age as far as nukes go. He's no threat to the US territory anywhere.

You think he's NOT going to sign it? Come on snowflake, give it up.

So, you do not actually understand the process. I got it. Sorry, I assumed you were semi-intelligent. But I gave you too much credit. My bad. Will not let it happen again

What will you say when the tax bill becomes law huh? Like most people who are talking out of their asses, you will slink away.

1. What systems do we have in place to take down an intercontinental ballistic missile in flight?

2. Since what they have to say is to smear all of America and Americans, and they are being celebrated and protected by a large percentage of the nation.

3. Your stawman that this is about free speech is because you know that you are in the wrong and cannot defend their actions nor the response from your people.

1. MDA - Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD)

2. I do not see what they are saying as a smear, that is just your own opinion.

3. Actually I spent 20 years of my life defending their actions. Everyone who serves this country swears to defend the Constitution, and the Constitution gives them this right. While I disagree with their message I will fight all day long for them to be able to exercise their rights. That is the difference between you and I, I think my agreement is not necessary for people to exercise their rights.

What will you say when the tax bill becomes law huh? Like most people who are talking out of their asses, you will slink away.

Which tax bill? You do know that the Senate and the House both passes very different versions of a tax bill? Right?

1. MDA - Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD)

2. I do not see what they are saying as a smear, that is just your own opinion.

3. Actually I spent 20 years of my life defending their actions. Everyone who serves this country swears to defend the Constitution, and the Constitution gives them this right. While I disagree with their message I will fight all day long for them to be able to exercise their rights. That is the difference between you and I, I think my agreement is not necessary for people to exercise their rights.

1. Doesn't sound great, but it is something.

2, YOu are kidding yourself if you believe that. Hell, when visiting England or Mexico, these asshole stand to show respect to their host nations, and then kneel to show disrespect to our nation.

Fuck them all.

3. No one is arguing against their right to say shit. YOur strawman has already been debunked. Knock that shit off.

tax reform bill on life support and what is our president worried about?

the fucking NFL.

View attachment 163244

Actually, your ignorance is criminal. Are you able to do the calculations required to shoot a missile out of the sky? And, if you could do the calculations, do you have the required hardware to do so?

tax reform bill on life support and what is our president worried about?

the fucking NFL.

View attachment 163244

Actually, your ignorance is criminal. Are you able to do the calculations required to shoot a missile out of the sky? And, if you could do the calculations, do you have the required hardware to do so?

My personal inability to enact a policy does not negate my argument that we should have a policy.

That you would make such an bizarre claim shows that you know you cannot make a case for our lack of effective missile defense honestly.

I take it you WERE one of those lefties making fun of Reagan and SDI, back in the day, and are now feeling pretty stupid? Maybe even a touch guilty?

Forum List

Back