North Korea Insanity Poll

What should be U.S. policy towards North Korea

• The same as the past 24 years/diplomacy

• Something different/military options

Results are only viewable after voting.

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.

Are you insane?

One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.

Are you insane?

Starte fucking with China's money over the deal. At some point the US needs to get up in China's face. This is as good a time as any.

Last edited:
One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result. Are you insane?
What result are you looking for? Military action can lead to all sorts of unintended consequences. The beauty of doing what's been done before is that, since the Korean War armistice, NK hasn't started a war and, despite having nukes, isn't a serious threat to win one. They may make SK and Japan nervous, but isn't that better than a nuclear exchange?

Well, at least China publically announced that if NK fires first
they will not back them.

They may not know for sure, but they at least suspect that Trump
will launch if NK attacks Guam.

War has always been the last step in diplomacy.

Are you insane?

I agree. Except the insane action is constantly getting us into foreign wars that go nowhere.

One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result. Are you insane?
What result are you looking for? Military action can lead to all sorts of unintended consequences. The beauty of doing what's been done before is that, since the Korean War armistice, NK hasn't started a war and, despite having nukes, isn't a serious threat to win one. They may make SK and Japan nervous, but isn't that better than a nuclear exchange?

Honestly, for me it all points to China. I would rather see a refugee crises break out in China. Make North Koreananreal drag for them. Start messing with their business holdings here. Bypassing NK all together and deal with no one but China.

Well, at least China publically announced that if NK fires first they will not back them. They may not know for sure, but they at least suspect that Trump
will launch if NK attacks Guam. War has always been the last step in diplomacy.
Generally agree, but there isn't anything special about Trump's possible response. I don't think any president would have tolerated a nuclear strike on Guam. All Trump is doing is ratcheting up the tension with a regime that is arguably off its rocker. Doesn't make sense to me. NK has always been a loose cannon. I don't see what makes now any different. There are ways of letting people know the dire consequences of their actions without goading them into an attack out of national pride.

Are you insane?
American society is, yeah, and it was long before this, this is just another data point on a long trending trajectory of an empire in decline.

Well, at least China publically announced that if NK fires first they will not back them. They may not know for sure, but they at least suspect that Trump
will launch if NK attacks Guam. War has always been the last step in diplomacy.
Generally agree, but there isn't anything special about Trump's possible response. I don't think any president would have tolerated a nuclear strike on Guam. All Trump is doing is ratcheting up the tension with a regime that is arguably off its rocker. Doesn't make sense to me. NK has always been a loose cannon. I don't see what makes now any different. There are ways of letting people know the dire consequences of their actions without goading them into an attack out of national pride.

Guam. A colony we still have not granted the right to vote.

^^^^^^^^^^^^One vote for insanity^^^^^^^^^

Are you insane?

Right, which is why the country votes "D" and "R" to fix all their problems every year.

So what is your point?

It is intuitively obvious to even the most casual of observers who the threat to world peace is. North Korea doesn't even make the list, but the corporate state will have its 8th endless war regardless.

0053_defense-comparison-crop.gif

Defense spending accounts for about 20 percent of all U.S. federal spending. Peter G. Peterson Foundation

Was it so wise now to have fucked over Russia now over this fairy tale that the Democrats lost due to Russia? Putin could really have helped put the squeeze on not only NK but on China as they are allies.

BUT NO. We have to keep slapping Russia in the face over the lie that Russia hacked the election and lost it for Hillary. This is fucking nuts.

Anymore waiting and the fools will allow NK to refine its guidance systems and missiles until he is a threat to the world. Which is what you must want.

Are you insane?

I agree. Except the insane action is constantly getting us into foreign wars that go nowhere.

Like Syria. Except it gave the world ISIS.
Hon, we're partnering with ISIS in Syria. And we're manufacturing and providing the Wahabist (the most radical of Islamists) Saudis with the illegal (according to international law) cluster bombs (known to have a 90% collateral casualty rate in the field) that they rain down on Yemen.

Was it so wise now to have fucked over Russia now over this fairy tale that the Democrats lost due to Russia? Putin could really have helped put the squeeze on not only NK but on China as they are allies.

BUT NO. We have to keep slapping Russia in the face over the lie that Russia hacked the election and lost it for Hillary. This is fucking nuts.
Agree. It's a fact that the liberals will do any evil to destroy this country to somehow get what they want.

It is intuitively obvious to even the most casual of observers who the threat to world peace is. North Korea doesn't even make the list, but the corporate state will have its 8th endless war regardless.

0053_defense-comparison-crop.gif

Defense spending accounts for about 20 percent of all U.S. federal spending. Peter G. Peterson Foundation

And your point is? John McCain makes a fortune off of his foundation? So do others fomenting war? I'm an idiot. Keep pointing it out Fenton Lum. Others don't know.

Sorries. Point it out over and over and over.

Are you insane?

Like Syria. Except it gave the world ISIS.
Hon, we're partnering with ISIS in Syria. And we're manufacturing and providing the Wahabist (the most radical of Islamists) Saudis with the illegal (according to international law) cluster bombs (known to have a 90% collateral casualty rate in the field) that they rain down on Yemen.

See post # 19. You are preaching to the choir.

:)

I make the mistake every once in a while that others know what we do. Silly me.

Forum List

Back