North Korea...what if?

Richard-H

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2008
In order to justify military action against North Korea, the following question needs to be answered:

What if we do not take military action and let North Korea develop and arsenal of nuclear missiles?

What would the consequences be?

To take it one step further, what if we conceded to all of North Korea's demands? i.e. lift sanctions, remove U.S. troops from Korea, and make a peace treaty?

What would be the consequences?

In order to justify military action against North Korea, the following question needs to be answered:

What if we do not take military action and let North Korea develop and arsenal of nuclear missiles?

To take it one step further, what if we conceded to all of North Korea's demands? i.e. lift sanctions, remove U.S. troops from Korea, and make a peace treaty?

That would be the situation we are in today, aka "The Obama Impotency".

Nobody's gonna do jack shit about North Korea until Fatboy nukes the first major city his ICBM reaches before sputtering out prematurely.

I think the man running the country is insane and is not to be trusted. I don't really know what the answer is here.

Obama, Obama, Obama...blah, blah, blah....

Get over it and answer the question....

I think the man running the country is insane and is not to be trusted. I don't really know what the answer is here.

Are you referring to Kim Jung Un or Donald Trump?

While I have issues with Trump, if you are actually inferring he is no different than Kim Jong Un this discussion is done because I don't waste my time entertaining children.

Obama, Obama, Obama...blah, blah, blah....

Get over it and answer the question....
I did answer it: It's the situation we are in right now! There's no "what if" word play games, this is where we are thanks to Obama refusing to lookout for us!

Bill Clinton started paying extortion money to N. Korea. It's abysmal.

Fat boy has a habit of saying one thing and doing another. Yes he has a 3stage missile but it's not dependable enough Thus far boy nukes Japan and starts shelling South Korea. That takes Japan out for at least 3 days.

Fat boy has a habit of saying one thing and doing another. Yes he has a 3stage missile but it's not dependable enough Thus far boy nukes Japan and starts shelling South Korea. That takes Japan out for at least 3 days.
A nuke in the middle of Tokio would cause millions of death, but I guess that would just be collateral damage to you?

Yeah.

I've been assuming all along that China would, at some point, step in and kick the fat kid in his fanny. Clearly they won't, or can't, do that.

No action can be taken unilaterally. Obviously South Korea and Japan have to be key in both the decision-making process and any implementation.

Will Trump do that? I really don't know. He could think it's some sign of "weakness" to include them.

A nuke in the middle of Tokio would cause millions of death, but I guess that would just be collateral damage to you?
Granted and NO I would not like that. But I don't think America will be the first to drop a nuke. Me? I would hit those assholes so hard their great grandchildren would glow!

-To your first question, probably nothing. Kim Jung Un might be a bit unstable, but firing a missile would take away all his power, on account of him being dead. He probably isn't crazy enough to think he can win such an exchange. Attack him, and he'd probably decide to fire his weapons on account of him having nothing to lose.
-To your second question. Probably nothing. Kim Jung Un would still not be able to attack S-Korea on account of the inevitable US intervention. He still would not be able to win a nuclear exchange with the US, so the status quo would be preserved. It would not be a good precedent though to not punish those countries who want a nuclear weapon capability. So in the grand scheme of things although not imposing sanctions wouldn't be good but it also wouldn't be immediately fatal.

Granted and NO I would not like that. But I don't think America will be the first to drop a nuke. Me? I would hit those assholes so hard their great grandchildren would glow!
Attack him, and he'd probably decide to fire his weapons on account of him having nothing to lose.

Fire a shit ton of missiles all at once and take out as many artillery as possible. Then bomb every one of his missile sites and nuclear testing sites... and finally bomb whatever palace Fat Boy Kim is at. Game over.

They have in the past sold stuff to Syria if I remember correctly.
Imagine them selling technology or nukes to Iran or Syria or any hostile rogue group?

Clinton conceded and look where we are.

North Korea is unlikely to launch anything. What is more plausible is them selling the tech to those who a lot of money; specifically Jihadists but any well-heeled terrorists will do.

Last edited:

Why do you fail at putting words in others mouth?

While I have issues with Trump, if you are actually inferring he is no different than Kim Jong Un this discussion is done because I don't waste my time entertaining children.

Grow a sense of humor!

Forum List

Back