Not all whites......

Your request for a link was to my post claiming that I've been told on this board that white people that claim to be color blind are actually racist. Asclepias seems to say in that post that "color blind" Whites are racist. I did not state in that post for which you requested a link that Asclepias believes all Whites are racist. Please try to follow along.
I posted #54 which you cited.

Are you sure you're here with us?

Your request for a link was to my post claiming that I've been told on this board that white people that claim to be color blind are actually racist. Asclepias seems to say in that post that "color blind" Whites are racist. I did not state in that post for which you requested a link that Asclepias believes all Whites are racist. Please try to follow along.
I posted #54 which you cited.

Are you sure you're here with us?
That is right. And you asked for a link to the post that I made that some say "color blind" whites are racists. In post #54 Asclepias includes "color blind" whites in the spectrum of racist whites.

I did not say in my post, for which you asked for a link, that Ascepias believes all whites are racists. Please try to follow along.

I agree. But I've been told on this board that white people that claim to be color blind are actually racist!
Link?
Post #54 of this thread for one!
Brother Asclepias said, "That depends on what you mean by "racist". It ranges from the "I wish all Blacks would have their genitals removed and burn in hell" to the "I am colorblind. I dont see you as Black". I would put that number at about 95% of all whites being racist."

Key words are "that depends." So, no, he didn't call every white a racist.

Let's make it simple so that you can understand.

Colour-blind racism (1970- ), also know as aversive racism, is racism that acts as if skin colour does not matter – even when it does. It is the most common form of racism among white Americans who grew up after the fall of Jim Crow in the 1960s. It takes the place of Jim Crow racism, the meaner, more naked white racism common in the 1950s and before.

Political correctness and the idea of hate speech grew out of colour-blind racism. So did the welfare queen and model minority stereotypes. It helped to spread the word “African American”.

Colour-blind racists say things like this:

• It’s not race, it’s economics …
  • It’s not race, it’s culture …
  • It’s not race, it depends on a person’s background …
  • I’m not prejudiced, but …
  • I’m not black, but …
  • One of my best friends is black.
  • My cousin married a black man.
  • I voted for Barack Obama.
  • I don’t see you as black.
And believe things like this:

• I am not racist.
  • Blacks are not willing to work hard.
  • Blacks want everything handed to them.
  • Blacks hold themselves back, not racism.
  • Blacks are unfairly favoured, whites are not.
  • Blacks do not want to live with us (or eat at our table).
  • Blacks live in the past. They need to get over it and move on.
  • Blacks need to pull themselves up from the bottom like everyone else.
  • Blacks cry racism for everything even though they are the racist ones.
Notice how white people never seem to do anything bad.

While they would agree with most of those statements, they would have a hard time saying them straight out like that. Race makes them uncomfortable. Their statements would be more long-winded and watered down, throwing in phrases like those from the first list, even the one about the cousin.

They seem to think that if they do not say the words then racism will somehow go away by magic. As if racism is just a matter of words.

They rarely think of themselves as “white” and avoid saying the word “black” in public, even when they are thinking it. Their supposed colour-blindness is a front.

For example, I have heard white people talk about someone who I knew had to be black just by the way they bent over backwards to avoid saying the word “black”. Yet when they left the room and thought I could not hear, they said “black” just as plain as day, as if they were talking about their dress.

They avoid the word “race” too. Instead they use words like “culture”, “background”, “ethnicity”. That is why they like the word “African American” so much: it seems colour-blind.

They are not as mean or violent as Jim Crow racists, nor do they wear their racism well. Unlike Jim Crow racists, they are willing to vote for a black man for president. But they still look down on blacks and still believe the stereotypes, adding some of their own.

I agree. But I've been told on this board that white people that claim to be color blind are actually racist!
Link?
Brother Asclepias said, "That depends on what you mean by "racist". It ranges from the "I wish all Blacks would have their genitals removed and burn in hell" to the "I am colorblind. I dont see you as Black". I would put that number at about 95% of all whites being racist."

Colour-blind racism (1970- ), also know as aversive racism, is racism that acts as if skin colour does not matter – even when it does. It is the most common form of racism among white Americans who grew up after the fall of Jim Crow in the 1960s. It takes the place of Jim Crow racism, the meaner, more naked white racism common in the 1950s and before.

Political correctness and the idea of hate speech grew out of colour-blind racism. So did the welfare queen and model minority stereotypes. It helped to spread the word “African American”.

• I’m not black, but …

• I am not racist.

While they would agree with most of those statements, they would have a hard time saying them straight out like that. Race makes them uncomfortable. Their statements would be more long-winded and watered down, throwing in phrases like those from the first list, even the one about the cousin.

They seem to think that if they do not say the words then racism will somehow go away by magic. As if racism is just a matter of words.

They rarely think of themselves as “white” and avoid saying the word “black” in public, even when they are thinking it. Their supposed colour-blindness is a front.

For example, I have heard white people talk about someone who I knew had to be black just by the way they bent over backwards to avoid saying the word “black”. Yet when they left the room and thought I could not hear, they said “black” just as plain as day, as if they were talking about their dress.

They avoid the word “race” too. Instead they use words like “culture”, “background”, “ethnicity”. That is why they like the word “African American” so much: it seems colour-blind.

They are not as mean or violent as Jim Crow racists, nor do they wear their racism well. Unlike Jim Crow racists, they are willing to vote for a black man for president. But they still look down on blacks and still believe the stereotypes, adding some of their own.
Thank you! Some on this board do say that Colorblind Whites are racist!

• I’m not black, but …

• I am not racist.

Thank you! Some on this board do say that Colorblind Whites are racist!

What they are saying is that whites practice aversive racism. And that IS what you guys do.

• I’m not black, but …

• I am not racist.

POWERFUL!!!!!

giphy.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

• I’m not black, but …

• I am not racist.

So JoeMoma, have you ever found yourself engaging in any of the above?

• I’m not black, but …

• I am not racist.

POWERFUL!!!!!

giphy.gif
So you also agree that "color blind" whites are racists? Otherwise, how is it POWERFUL?

• I’m not black, but …

• I am not racist.

POWERFUL!!!!!

giphy.gif
So you also agree that "color blind" whites are racists? Otherwise, how is it POWERFUL?
It explains how those things are bogus.

Did you read it?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

• I’m not black, but …

• I am not racist.
  • Blacks want
  • everything handed to them.

The above is a bunch of bullshit. For example, maybe my cousin did marry someone who is black .. so what!

One of the bullet points is "I am not a racist". does believing that make a person a racist? Can't win with that point.

Oh, and the statements about "black people" should say "some people" because color blind people don't see "black" or "white" people and those statements are true about some people but not others. They are definitely NOT true about about all black people.

So, "The Above" essentially sets up false standards to label people that try to treat people equitable regardless of race or skin color as racist.

Edit: Added the word "NOT" to a critical sentence.

Last edited:
“The problem with white supremists although their intention is to stand up for whites and make things better for whites they actually do the opposite and make things much worse for whites in America.

White supremists instead of uniting us they divide us and by their ignorant actions just intensify hatred and divisions between whites, blacks, and Latinos. I hear the complaints of many of my friends who are black and Hispanic and even from my own wife who is half American Indian and part Mexican.

Thank you so much ignorant white supremists you make living in this country as a white man a lot harder due to your own stupidity.”

You guys are quick to cry about how it's not all whites, but any white person here who does not repeat the white racism is denigrated by all who cry about how we blacks should say not all whites before each post. The qoute above is from a white poster who used to come here. This is evidence once again to show you that we blacks are not blaming all whites for shit. And it is going to be the last time this is done.

The clock has hit 0:00 on the game you guys have played.

But you guys will show us what the problem is and who is the cause.
Its Supremacist not Supremist you incompetent moron.Anyways...continue with your Anti White racist tirade.

Tell that to the white person who posted the quote. And stop crying about Anti White racist tirades. It makes you look like a infant crying because you want everything your way. This is the race and racism section. And that means it is not reserved only for whites to post up page after page of racist bullshit lies about blacks.
Talk about infant throwing a fit....you do NOTHING but WHINE about "white racism" YOU ARE A CRYBABY! An Anti White Racist CRYBABY...its amusing as hell since I rarely come in here just when I am in a mood to listen to your usual whining and the other typical Anti White whiners.

The truth is a difficult thing for you crybabies to take.
You got friends who are white. Forgive them for asking questions. You just think they all live the life of Riley and you can not take any criticism. They got problems like you do. But 60 years of the Great Society spending tens of trillions of dollars and trillions more is an eternity in world living. An eternity! We need to get along better and admit we make excuses at times.

• I’m not black, but …

• I am not racist.
  • Blacks want

The above is a bunch of bullshit. For example, maybe my cousin did marry someone who is black .. so what!

One of the bullet points is "I am not a racist". does believing that make a person a racist? Can't win with that point.

Oh, and the statements about "black people" should say "some people" because color blind people don't see "black" or "white" people and those statements are true about some people but not others. They are definitely true about about all black people.

So, "The Above" essentially sets up false standards to label people that try to treat people equitable regardless of race or skin color as racist.
I see.

OK, that was all.

• I’m not black, but …

• I am not racist.
  • Blacks want

Oh, and the statements about "black people" should say "some people" because color blind people don't see "black" or "white" people and those statements are true about some people but not others. They are definitely true about about all black people.

I see.

OK, that was all.
I added the word "NOT" to one of my sentences. Did not want you and others to misunderstand because of my mistake.

They are definitely NOT true about about all black people

Link?

• I’m not black, but …

• I am not racist.

But they still look down on blacks and still believe the stereotypes, adding some of their own.

Speaking of adding stereotypes...............

That is not true.

In 2011, DEMOS did a study named “The Racial Wealth Gap, Why Policy Matters”, which discussed the racial wealth gap, the problems associated with it and solutions and outcomes if the gap did not exist. In this study DEMOS determined that the racial wealth gap was primarily driven by policy decisions.

“The U.S. racial wealth gap is substantial and is driven by public policy decisions. According to our analysis of the SIPP data, in 2011 the median white household had $111,146 in wealth holdings, compared to just $7,113 for the median Black household and $8,348 for the median Latino household. From the continuing impact of redlining on American homeownership to the retreat from desegregation in public education, public policy has shaped these disparities, leaving them impossible to overcome without racially-aware policy change.”

The Racial Wealth Gap: Why Policy Matters

Why is it, do you think, that posters like JoeMoma, are totally removed from the facts on race matters in this country? He said many blacks are in positions of power, not sure what's meant by that, but considering the group state of blacks in poverty, his statement and opinions rings shallow, and that's putting it lightly.

Why do you think he's clueless on this matter?
I know youre asking IM2 but its like I keep saying. There are really only two options that explain the behavior. 1 being that he knows god damn well he is wrong but its a good stalling tactic and distraction. The other being that he knows instinctively but cant or wont deal with it because he doesnt want to head down that road of responsibility.

That is not true.

In 2011, DEMOS did a study named “The Racial Wealth Gap, Why Policy Matters”, which discussed the racial wealth gap, the problems associated with it and solutions and outcomes if the gap did not exist. In this study DEMOS determined that the racial wealth gap was primarily driven by policy decisions.

“The U.S. racial wealth gap is substantial and is driven by public policy decisions. According to our analysis of the SIPP data, in 2011 the median white household had $111,146 in wealth holdings, compared to just $7,113 for the median Black household and $8,348 for the median Latino household. From the continuing impact of redlining on American homeownership to the retreat from desegregation in public education, public policy has shaped these disparities, leaving them impossible to overcome without racially-aware policy change.”

Why is it, do you think, that posters like JoeMoma, are totally removed from the facts on race matters in this country? He said many blacks are in positions of power, not sure what's meant by that, but considering the group state of blacks in poverty, his statement and opinions rings shallow, and that's putting it lightly.

I know youre asking IM2 but its like I keep saying. There are really only two options that explain the behavior. 1 being that he knows god damn well he is wrong but its a good stalling tactic and distraction. The other being that he knows instinctively but cant or wont deal with it because he doesnt want to head down that road of responsibility.
It's really simple, many black people are wealthy and powerful. Hell, we just had a black man as president who is often referred to as the most powerful person in the world. That does not mean there is no racism and it does not mean that racism is never an obstacle. However, wealth and power is there for black people to take; the system is not stopping them.

Ironic, you often like to brag about the accomplishments of blacks. Why not now?

Last edited:
It's really simple, many black people are wealthy and powerful. Hell, we just had a black man as president, who is often referred to as the most powerful person in the world. That does not mean there is no racism and it does not mean that racism is never an obstacle. However, wealth and power is there for black people to take; the system is not stopping them.

Ironic, you often like to brag about the accomplishments of blacks. Why not now?
Tell me something, were there any super successful blacks during the Jim Crow era?

That is not true.

It's really simple, many black people are wealthy and powerful. Hell, we just had a black man as president, who is often referred to as the most powerful person in the world. That does not mean there is no racism and it does not mean that racism is never an obstacle. However, wealth and power is there for black people to take; the system is not stopping them.

When you say "many" can you put a percentage to it? Thats how I know youre full of shit. Wow we just had 1 Black POTUS out of how many white ones? I guess we should be satisfied with just one and not complain right? Sorry bub. Those Blacks that do exceed tend to be exceptional simply due to their ability to never quit or their exceptional eagerness to sellout. Not one of them had a easy road to travel and all of them experienced racism. Even the sellouts. Who told you I wasnt bragging about them now?

Tell me something, were there any super successful blacks during the Jim Crow era?
This is not the Jim Crow Era. But I think I know what you are trying to do. Yes, there were a few successful Blacks during the Jim Crow Era , and racism was much more of a problem then than it is now, One thing is for sure, we didn't have success like Oprah Winfrey under Jim Crow.

Madam C. J. Walker went from rags to riches during the Jim Crow Era.

Forum List

Back