Not Good: A&E Violated Title VII of the Civil Rights Act Letting Phil Robertson Go

These Rednecks are going to be forgotten in a year..

Deal with it.

This never ends up well. Ask Dog the Bounty Hunter and Paula Deen.
The Biblical passage that records the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was preceded by an act of the townsmen of Sodom demanding to rape Lot's two male guests for their sport one evening several thousand years ago plus numerous admonitions in Deuteronomy and other Old Testament Books of the Law and in the writings of Christ's apostles in the New weren't just thought up in American politics. The practice is banned in 80% of the world's human cultures.

Bringing the practice back into the family of man may not be the wisest thing modern man ever thought up, and it subjects America to a large percent of international outrage.

This administration walked in damning their predecessor to political hell, and it's making bigger mistakes than all of its predecessor administrations in American history.

I truly don't know what will happen to A and E, but if I see their namesake, I'll be changing channels on my television for their promotion of sodomy in this hemisphere.

/scratches head....

How exactly is A&E "promoting sodomy"?

By silencing critics of sodomy, idiot.

pho·bi·a (fb-)
n.
1. A persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous.
2. A strong fear, dislike, or aversion. (Freedic)

You're in the land of #2. No pun intended.

Point at the top well taken. Both A&E and the Robertson clan are cleaning up on this fake kerfuffle, courtesy of their minions who obediently create 952 threads about a freaking television show. The Producer and Talent, engaged in what the blogoshere comic books would portray as a war, are actually laughing all the way to the bank.

Which begs the question -- "who's using who?"

:thup:
Firing somebody for quoting scriptures of a book considered holy in 93% of American homes initiated a lot of threads on the internet all over the English speaking world. It was a bad idea.

What was a bad idea? Initiating the threads? If that's what you mean I agree -- that's what I'm saying.

Where's your evidence that anyone was fired for quoting scriptures?
I meant what I said about my opinion that it was a bad idea to fire a man who quoted scriptures from the Holy Bible that condemn the practice of homosexuality.

[ame=http://youtu.be/IavOWgcOltw]Phil Robertson Defends Anti-Gay Comments: 'All I Did Was Quote From the Scriptures' - YouTube[/ame]

I've heard some churches are deciding on whether they will support future television viewing for members with small, impressionable children in a media that is age-inappropriate information hosts for school kids. It's a religious issue coming from putrid politics.

pho·bi·a (fb-)
n.
1. A persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous.

Point at the top well taken. Both A&E and the Robertson clan are cleaning up on this fake kerfuffle, courtesy of their minions who obediently create 952 threads about a freaking television show. The Producer and Talent, engaged in what the blogoshere comic books would portray as a war, are actually laughing all the way to the bank.

Firing somebody for quoting scriptures of a book considered holy in 93% of American homes initiated a lot of threads on the internet all over the English speaking world. It was a bad idea.

What was a bad idea? Initiating the threads? If that's what you mean I agree -- that's what I'm saying.

Why do libtards think that pretending to be stupid as shit makes a rebuttal?

no, pogo, it only means you are a stupid ass.

Robertson quoted scripture paraphrased and got fired for it, since now the Gay Mafia is offended by quoting Bible passages that say screwing someone of the same sex is a sin.

I meant what I said about my opinion that it was a bad idea to fire a man who quoted scriptures from the Holy Bible that condemn the practice of homosexuality.

[ame=http://youtu.be/IavOWgcOltw]Phil Robertson Defends Anti-Gay Comments: 'All I Did Was Quote From the Scriptures' - YouTube[/ame]

I've heard some churches are deciding on whether they will support future television viewing for members with small, impressionable children in a media that is age-inappropriate information hosts for school kids. It's a religious issue coming from putrid politics.

It is at the point that Christians should only watch shows that are on networks with no history of antichristian tripe.

That would appear to leave out A+E

...Both A&E and the Robertson clan are cleaning up on this fake kerfuffle, courtesy of their minions...
So, now we have a profiteering conspiracy, between Phil and A&E? Tell me you're not serious...
75_75.gif

Last edited:
...Both A&E and the Robertson clan are cleaning up on this fake kerfuffle, courtesy of their minions...
So, now we have a profiteering conspiracy, between Phil and A&E? Tell me you're not serious...
75_75.gif

Hey, it is so profitable the race baiter master himself, Jesse JAckso, wants a piece of the action. He is hopping mad and offended that Phil said the following about blacks he knew growing up:

“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person... The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them," Robertson said. "I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!”

Wow, now that is downright racist!

roflmao

The explosion of Duck Dynasy merchandise on the shelves over the last few days before Christmas seems to indicate a less gruesome fate in store for those who denounce homosexuality.

Also, I do not think we're talking about homophobes.

Phobia = Fear.

Nobody's afraid of Prancing Folk.

This is more like contempt and revulsion and disgust at work.

pho·bi·a (fb-)
n.

To a libtard a Christian fired for expressing his religious beliefs = 'fake kerfuffle', while any minority religion, say Islam or Hinduism, whose members got fired would = national crisis, crusade from coast to coast.

roflmao, people are waking up to the charade and don't give a shit any ore.

"Fake kerfuffle" means all this endless angst played out here on the internet on behalf of two parties who really don't even care and in fact profit off the whole thing.

In other words this fantasy that likes to imagine witches and demons in the simple machinations of business.

Oh I'm sorry, are you still in character?

These Rednecks are going to be forgotten in a year..

Deal with it.

This never ends up well. Ask Dog the Bounty Hunter and Paula Deen.
The Biblical passage that records the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was preceded by an act of the townsmen of Sodom demanding to rape Lot's two male guests for their sport one evening several thousand years ago plus numerous admonitions in Deuteronomy and other Old Testament Books of the Law and in the writings of Christ's apostles in the New weren't just thought up in American politics. The practice is banned in 80% of the world's human cultures.

Bringing the practice back into the family of man may not be the wisest thing modern man ever thought up, and it subjects America to a large percent of international outrage.

This administration walked in damning their predecessor to political hell, and it's making bigger mistakes than all of its predecessor administrations in American history.

I truly don't know what will happen to A and E, but if I see their namesake, I'll be changing channels on my television for their promotion of sodomy in this hemisphere.

/scratches head....

I mean in a metaphorical sense they've been practicing sodomy on the viewing public with that swill they've been broadcasting since they gave up on the "A" part and went for the easy money of LCD "reality" shows.... again if that's what you mean, well said.
Firing someone for standing up to the legalization in America of Sodomy based on scriptures is a bad idea.

It is putting America in the role of the ancient town of Sodom whose homosexuals seized the day and decided they would beat up Abraham's nephew Lot if he did not allow them to rape his house guests. Angering most Holy God is a poor idea, whether it was 5 thousand years ago or recently, when statutes against the practice was perpetrated by the Psychological Association of the United States in tandem with the EU.

From the look on the little boy's face confronting a nude man in a gay pride parade, it appears the practice of public modesty in parade specifications might be wiser than lettin' it all hang out.

/scratches head....

By silencing critics of sodomy, idiot.

Is your name "Becki"?? Or are you once again purporting to speak for somebody else?

Says "Bowie" on this screen. I'll make the correction on my end. :thup:

Uh- well your video doesn't make that point. In fact Phil didn't speak at all.

Again Becki my question is -- where is your evidence that anyone was fired for their religious beliefs?

Robertson quoted scripture paraphrased and got fired for it, since now the Gay Mafia is offended by quoting Bible passages that say screwing someone of the same sex is a sin.

Why do you think that an endless diarrhea of ad hominem is a rebuttal?
And to a question that wasn't even asked of you?

Here's an idea: why don't you just shut the fuck up until you're spoken to?

[ame="http://youtu.be/IavOWgcOltw"]Phil Robertson Defends Anti-Gay Comments: 'All I Did Was Quote From the Scriptures' - YouTube[/ame]

Again Becki my question is -- where is your evidence that anyone was fired for their religious beliefs?

Phil Robertson thinks he was fired for quoting scriptures that banned the practice of sodomy, adultery, and sex between men as well as sex between women for thousands of years on six continents, to be exact.

I provided a newscast that discussed Mr. Robertson's statements about why he thought he was fired from A and E. That's as good as it's going to get, and I'm not going to watch an A and E channel again for any reason, including watching Duck Dynasty if they continue on that channel.

Since that is future in nature, I have no sculpted-in-concrete "proof," but I am reasonably literate, and I see no purpose in engaging in a "that's not good enough proof" debate since I have no pony in this show except what I read in my Bible and what I believe to be right and correct behavior in my heart for me.

75_75.gif

:lmao:

No I've already said I don't see a "conspiracy", a "setup" or whatever the latest paranoid delusion is. I'm just noting that both of these parties, which some wags in here would like to paint as mortal enemies, stand to profit considerably from that fake kerfuffle. And being not-stupid, they'll both see that dynamic, and proceed to make hay while the sun shines.

In other words, keeping in mind there's no such thing as bad publicity, it could be said regardless which "side" one takes in this slow-news-day drivel, one is putting money into the pockets of the side they consider the "enemy" by keeping the fake kerfuffle alive.

I just find that subtly ironic. :lol:

359582.jpg

/scratches head....

I mean in a metaphorical sense they've been practicing sodomy on the viewing public with that swill they've been broadcasting since they gave up on the "A" part and went for the easy money of LCD "reality" shows.... again if that's what you mean, well said.
Firing someone for standing up to the legalization in America of Sodomy based on scriptures is a bad idea.

Is that what he said?

Humor me, I only came into this from the legal angle but I have the whole GQ interview still open and I don't see any of this about legalizing sodomy, or legalizing anything.

The boy with the parade thing.... you lost me there.

Phil Robertson Defends Anti-Gay Comments: 'All I Did Was Quote From the Scriptures' - YouTube

Phil Robertson thinks he was fired for quoting scriptures that banned the practice of sodomy, adultery, and sex between men as well as sex between women for thousands of years on six continents, to be exact.

I provided a newscast that discussed Mr. Robertson's statements about why he thought he was fired from A and E. That's as good as it's going to get, and I'm not going to watch an A and E channel again for any reason, including watching Duck Dynasty if they continue on that channel.

Since that is future in nature, I have no sculpted-in-concrete "proof," but I am reasonably literate, and I see no purpose in engaging in a "that's not good enough proof" debate since I have no pony in this show except what I read in my Bible and what I believe to be right and correct behavior in my heart for me.

Your video only had a third-party celebrity news piece about the controversy. It didn't quote Phil himself. And from the tone of that loaded video I wouldn't take what it says without some kind of confirmation.

Sounds to me like a vast game of telephone -- nobody can show who said what, but they just know somebody said sump'm...

Because as is the case with most conservatives, he has no objective facts or evidence in support of his position. Consequently all has left is personal attacks.

Moreover, the premise of this thread was proven as false pages ago, both with regard to the morals clause in the cast members’ contracts and the fact that the suspension does not constitute ‘termination.’

Phil Robertson Defends Anti-Gay Comments: 'All I Did Was Quote From the Scriptures' - YouTube

First, the cast member wasn’t ‘fired,’ he was suspended pursuant to the morals clause of his contract.

Second, the ignorance and hate concerning gay Americans expressed by the cast member had nothing to do with Christian dogma or doctrine, where homosexuals were compared to terrorists and criminals – this hate and ignorance is repugnant to the fundamental principles of our Republic and the cast member was rebuked accordingly and appropriately.

Last, private society is at liberty to admonish the speech and actions it considers inappropriate, where this admonishment does not constitute a ‘violation’ of free speech or religions expression, as such restrictions apply only to public sector governing entities, not private citizens or private society as a whole.

Because you can be a good read here when you want to be.

You have had some pretty thought provoking posts in the pasts, though almost always wrong, but you keep doing these stupid posts that don't rate more than a thoughtless 'back at you' kind of nonsense.

Why?

It is plain to anyone following this topic that Robertson gave a paraphrased quotation of scripture and your response is to challenge that?

That is a fucking waste of time and it makes you look stupid.

You want to keep sucking up to the libtards on these boards, fine dude, that is your business, but I don't get it, and I will axe you why if I fucking want to, your sensitive little bitch.

Because as is the case with most conservatives, he has no objective facts or evidence in support of his position. Consequently all has left is personal attacks.

The fact is that Robertson quoted scripture, stupid ****. And that is the side I am on, so once again, you show yourself to be a fool in front of any neutral parties reading the thread.

But I guess you get paid by the post? Or you are a sock puppet for some libtard who doesn't want to post things that might shame him so much, so he uses a sock to do his stupid shit?

Moreover, the premise of this thread was proven as false pages ago, both with regard to the morals clause in the cast members’ contracts and the fact that the suspension does not constitute ‘termination.’

No nothing was proven false you idiot. I gave a link twice to people who have successfully sued in court despite having a morality clause in their fucking contract.

So go back to your bong and let the rest of the adults discuss the topic, OK retard?

First, the cast member wasn’t ‘fired,’ he was suspended pursuant to the morals clause of his contract. .

An 'indefinite suspension' amounts to being fired and there is a good chance the show will come to an end, idiot.

Second, the ignorance and hate concerning gay Americans expressed by the cast member had nothing to do with Christian dogma or doctrine, where homosexuals were compared to terrorists and criminals – this hate and ignorance is repugnant to the fundamental principles of our Republic and the cast member was rebuked accordingly and appropriately. .

Robertson said that 1) homosexuality is a sin like some others he listed, 2) he prefers vagina to sphincter and does not understand those who prefer the latter.

There is nothing hateful about any of that, just a dude telling a reporter (who suckered him with the 'you can trust me' bullshit) what his opinions are.

The problem is that GLAAD did not like straight people saying things that did not affirm butt-fucking as being equal to vaginal sex, and so they threatened A+E with who knows what, and A+E caved like a house of cards. They are the ones who made this an issue, not Roberts who was simply expressing his religious beliefs that A+E have punished him for and while still using his image in reruns while he is suspended, disproving any concern they actually have with him damaging their corporate image.

I know that is a lot for you to take in, but since you wont read it anyway, I don't give a fuck.

Last, private society is at liberty to admonish the speech and actions it considers inappropriate,...

Another piece of stupidity on display; GLAAD is not 'society', stupid shit. They are a special interest group composed of fascists like you.

Forum List

Back