Not your fathers Oldsmobile

Wasn't there, none of my ancestors were a part of it, and never even heard of it until the media started pounding the story out for the last week.

Tulsa makes 1001 on my list of a 1000 things to give a rats ass about.

Emmitt Till was murdered because he happened to be in a grocery store with a white woman who wanted to piss off her husband. The Scottsboro boys were convicted based on lies.
you are off topic

this is not about emmitt till

I am not making it about Emmitt Till. I am pointing out that there really didn't need to be much of a reason to lynch a young black man back in the day.

The fact that we had never heard of it is part of the problem.
Not a problem for me.
History is full of violent events.
I don't need to be aware of every one.
Make an engaging, non-politically-biased movie and maybe I'll watch it.

Not a problem for me.
History is full of violent events.
I don't need to be aware of every one.
Make an engaging, non-politically-biased movie and maybe I'll watch it.

Yes there are many violent events in history. Most are known or taught in history classes. The one discussed in this thread was a one-sided destruction of an entire black area, which was as successful as any in the nation at the time. It was utterly destroyed. And no investigation was conducted. No one was ever punished for killing people and burning homes, businesses, and even churches. Few knew about it for decades, because it was not discussed or taught.

If you want to wait for the movie, that is fine. I would prefer learning about our history without the embellishments or alterations that typically occur in movies.

Yes there are many violent events in history. Most are known or taught in history classes. The one discussed in this thread was a one-sided destruction of an entire black area, which was as successful as any in the nation at the time. It was utterly destroyed. And no investigation was conducted. No one was ever punished for killing people and burning homes, businesses, and even churches. Few knew about it for decades, because it was not discussed or taught.

If you want to wait for the movie, that is fine. I would prefer learning about our history without the embellishments or alterations that typically occur in movies.
Meh. It was 100 years ago. From what I'm reading here, it was a terrible thing but not particularly noteworthy. To each his own, though.

this is not about emmitt till
I was actually hoping Oldsmobile was coming out with a cool-ass new vehicle. Hopefully a gas-guzzling 10 cylinder behemoth.
I had a couple Olds back in the eighties.
They were like a pimped out Chevy. All the bells and whistles and felt like driving your couch down the road.
Screw little cars.

They were like a pimped out Chevy. All the bells and whistles and felt like driving your couch down the road.
Screw little cars.
The older I get, the more I like luxury sedans.

Screw little cars.
The older I get, the more I like luxury sedans.
So do those black folks.
We've come a long way since Tulsa.
Too bad people can't see that and only focus on anything and everything negative.

The thing about the so called 1921 "Tulsa massacre": It was equal opportunity stupidity. Black kid sexually assaults a white woman, or NOT. It gets out of hand. What happened before or after seems to be subjective. facts...https://youtu.be/CgwPyPqsuas
No. A black teenager accidentally stepped on a white woman's foot.

Stop telling lies.

You're trying to whitewash a massacre.
Yeah whites would massacre blacks because a black man stepped on a white woman’s foot. Are you dumb or just stupid?
They would. They did.

Facts are facts.

Why is it I cant find find the actual death toll of black/whites lives lost, in the race riots of 1921 Tulsa event?

The thing about the so called 1921 "Tulsa massacre": It was equal opportunity stupidity. Black kid sexually assaults a white woman, or NOT. It gets out of hand. What happened before or after seems to be subjective. facts...https://youtu.be/CgwPyPqsuas

Stop telling lies.

Yeah whites would massacre blacks because a black man stepped on a white woman’s foot. Are you dumb or just stupid?
You where there? Is that exactly what happened?
No. Crapitus made a dumb statement.
Nope. I told you the truth.

Stop telling lies.

Dumb can be fixed, he is just stupid.
Get a room, you two

I am not making it about Emmitt Till. I am pointing out that there really didn't need to be much of a reason to lynch a young black man back in the day.
When you invoke Till you do make it about him instead of the topic we began with

Liberals seem to think black people back in the day were incapable of criminal thoughts or criminal acts

And I think that is impossibly naive

Maybe the black person in Tulsa was guilty

Who knows?

I dont know where will get that today

Because in 2021 every account is written by black or guilt-ridden white partisans

I’ve been searching and all the info being presented is from the black perspective

In the words of one of the most respected politicians:

iu

1921 Tulsa. The white racist hate crime of burning down wall street of black Tulsa. I am 60+years old. The media had to dredge up century old history most of us never heard of yet again... And leave out most of the facts, yet again...Um, I don't care what happened in Tulsa in 1921.

And what facts were left out? That the white girl operating the elevator was raped? That the black mob that was substantially smaller than the white one opened fire on the white while running back to the Greenwood District?
I read about it decades ago. So there goes your theory right?

This clearly is an effort to cause even greater dissension between the races leading to more violence. Now why would the MSM do that? Weird no?

If Black street behavior (violent attempted murder assaults on White and Asian folks walking on the streets, assaults and rapes of White women in parks, assorted murders, etc.) is what it is today AFTER the "civil rights" "affirmative action" (reparations) imagine what it was like back in the day. If this actually happened, no wonder since the justice system was beginning to be hijacked even then.

Stop telling lies.

Thing is, we don't know what happened. Attempted sexual assault or an innocent faux pas blown out of proportion. And , off topic, so called "fact checkers" are a joke. What happened in Tulsa from what I've gleaned over the years before voodoo logic imaginary SJW "-----"(fill in the blank) is racism" stuff, it was basically a race riot like say in Kenosha or Portland. By the way, I am not concerned with what happened 100 years ago.

Stop telling lies.

The only people whitewashing Tulsa are rhe demleftists for the past 100 years because it’s their fellow democrats who are guilty of the massacre.

Forum List

Back