Not your fathers Oldsmobile

The thing about the so called 1921 "Tulsa massacre": It was equal opportunity stupidity. Black kid sexually assaults a white woman, or NOT. It gets out of hand. What happened before or after seems to be subjective. facts...https://youtu.be/CgwPyPqsuas
No. A black teenager accidentally stepped on a white woman's foot.

Stop telling lies.

You're trying to whitewash a massacre.
The only people whitewashing Tulsa are rhe demleftists for the past 100 years because it’s their fellow democrats who are guilty of the massacre.
It has nothing to do with political parties. That seems to be your escape clause.
The thing about the so called 1921 "Tulsa massacre": It was equal opportunity stupidity. Black kid sexually assaults a white woman, or NOT. It gets out of hand. What happened before or after seems to be subjective. facts...https://youtu.be/CgwPyPqsuas

Stop telling lies.

The only people whitewashing Tulsa are rhe demleftists for the past 100 years because it’s their fellow democrats who are guilty of the massacre.
It has nothing to do with political parties. That seems to be your escape clauseOf course you would say that.

Stop telling lies.

It has nothing to do with political parties. That seems to be your escape clause.

Of course you would say that.
Of course. We would argue facts in here, but Snopes & factcheckers and current google search algorithms are rather dodgy. Facts depend on who owns them.
Do the survivors deserve justice?
Justice is served in court not on BSNBC.
Court or Congress or the States or municipalities themselves.

How were reparations for the interned Japanese Americans handled?
Fake ass outrage with a side of changing the subject
Yet another dodge.

Can't answer? Why is that? Why is it survivors of white race riots aren't entitled to any sort of justice?
Justice is sought in a court of law not on BSNBC or USMB.
Your FAKE ASS OUTRAGE is amusing

Its disturbing that the media is digging up a 100 year old mass grave and ignoring the overwhelming modern black on black violence instead. BLM couldn't possibly be just black con artists exploring anti police/anti white hate in the poor black community? Nah.
Marylou, apples and oranges.

Don't the survivors and descendents of this deserve justice?
Which 100 year olds are you going to put on trial lol

This asinine shit is irrelevant to modern America. Every year TEN TIMES THAT MANY BLACKS are murdered in cold blood. Where's the TV specials bringing attention to that?

Fake ass outrage
So there is a statute of limitations on murder then...or only some murders?
Fake ass outrage
Nice dodge.
Fake ass outrage. You win 10 points for your virtue signaling
You win a participation trophy for three dodges in a row, but this isn't a game of dodgeball.
769 murders in Chicago last year. Where is your FAKE ASS OUTRAGE for them? Where is your demand for justice for them? Where is your demand for reparations for them?

FAKE

some people need to get a dictionary and look up the word massacre,,

cause what happened in tulsa wasnt one,,,
You're right.
"Massacre" presumes the victims had the ability to defend themselves.
Like Little Big Horn or the Alamo
No this was not a "massacre,"
This was mass murder
Mass Murder sanctioned and covered up by the state and local governments.
and
Like Chauvin's murder of George Floyd done strictly to put "THEM" in their place.

Stop telling lies.

Stop telling lies.

It has nothing to do with political parties. That seems to be your escape clauseOf course you would say that.

Stop telling lies.

Of course. We would argue facts in here, but Snopes & factcheckers and current google search algorithms are rather dodgy. Facts depend on who owns them.

Yet another dodge.

Can't answer? Why is that? Why is it survivors of white race riots aren't entitled to any sort of justice?
Ya ya ya - just like your fake outrage every other thread you post here (it is fake right?). Right.

In the meantime, this is a discussion board and justice is a topic of discussion as are reparations. Notice you dodged a comparison to Japanese Americans.

Its disturbing that the media is digging up a 100 year old mass grave and ignoring the overwhelming modern black on black violence instead. BLM couldn't possibly be just black con artists exploring anti police/anti white hate in the poor black community? Nah.
Marylou, apples and oranges.

Don't the survivors and descendents of this deserve justice?
Which 100 year olds are you going to put on trial lol

This asinine shit is irrelevant to modern America. Every year TEN TIMES THAT MANY BLACKS are murdered in cold blood. Where's the TV specials bringing attention to that?

Fake ass outrage
So there is a statute of limitations on murder then...or only some murders?
Fake ass outrage
Nice dodge.
Fake ass outrage. You win 10 points for your virtue signaling
You win a participation trophy for three dodges in a row, but this isn't a game of dodgeball.
769 murders in Chicago last year. Where is your FAKE ASS OUTRAGE for them? Where is your demand for justice for them? Where is your demand for reparations for them?

FAKE
LOOK - SQUIRREL!

Guess what. There are crimes ALL the time all over the place. Some involve black. Some involve whites.

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Oh, I know - it's a way of marginalizing an historic atrocity that was swept under the rug for decades.

I thought we were going to talk about the Old Toronado...
Lol. I owned a 1978 Olds Toronado. It was a great car, but rusted out after a few Michigan winters.
Sorry. No American car from the 70s was
1622946416875.png

Some were pretty good Mach 1, El dorado convertible, but the decade responsible for the Vega, Gremlin, and that horse-kabob known as the Pinto produced no great cars.

It was the decade of "Planned Obsolescence" and it nearly killed the US auto industry.

but the decade responsible for the Vega, Gremlin, and that horse-kabob known as the Pinto produced no great cars.

Perhaps.

But, the 60's?

View attachment 497840
Wow! You guys are on a role. I also owned two 1968 Dodge Chargers. One was an RT with a 440 four speed. That was a fun car. I bought both for a total of $1050, back in the day. The RT in nice shape is worth over $50k today.

Stop telling lies.

Stop telling lies.

Stop telling lies.

Yet another dodge.

Justice comes in many forms, my statist friend.

but the decade responsible for the Vega, Gremlin, and that horse-kabob known as the Pinto produced no great cars.

Perhaps.

But, the 60's?

View attachment 497840
Wow! You guys are on a role. I also owned two 1968 Dodge Chargers. One was an RT with a 440 four speed. That was a fun car. I bought both for a total of $1050, back in the day. The RT in nice shape is worth over $50k today.
Mine's a '69. It looks great wrapped around my hot Puerto Rican girlfriend.

As for the comment made about the Gremlin, back in the 1970's we used to go to Lime Rock Park in Connecticut every Memorial Day to watch my uncle race. One of his rivals was a guy named Amos Johnson, who drove an old Gremlin:

february-16-1973-amos-johnson-guides-his-levis-team-highball-amc-picture-id144737048

Amos routinely finished in the top five. That car was fuckin' fast...

Perhaps.

But, the 60's?

View attachment 497840
Mine's a '69. It looks great wrapped around my hot Puerto Rican girlfriend.

As for the comment made about the Gremlin, back in the 1970's we used to go to Lime Rock Park in Connecticut every Memorial Day to watch my uncle race. One of his rivals was a guy named Amos Johnson, who drove an old Gremlin:

february-16-1973-amos-johnson-guides-his-levis-team-highball-amc-picture-id144737048

Amos routinely finished in the top five. That car was fuckin' fast...
I’m partial to the ‘68, for obvious reasons. I remember the Gremlin. Many thought it ugly, but I liked it.

Perhaps.

But, the 60's?

View attachment 497840
Nice.
Had a 71 Malibu I got for $200 in 95. Sold it for 800 in 2000. The floors had rusted out completely, it really was a Flintstone mobile.

If I only had those skills.

Perhaps.

But, the 60's?

View attachment 497840
True.
From about 1964 to 1972 the US made some great cars.
I think the US made great cars from the beginning up to the early 70s. That’s when Uncle imposed new emission rules which messed things up. The big three produced mostly shit after that and lost half the baby boomers to the Japanese car companies.

Perhaps.

But, the 60's?

View attachment 497840
True.
I think the US made great cars from the beginning up to the early 70s. That’s when Uncle imposed new emission rules which messed things up. The big three produced mostly shit after that and lost half the baby boomers to the Japanese car companies.
Wasn't the emission rules, those rules applied to everyone.

It was a corporate plan that a new car would go to crap after 3 years so people had to buy new cars.
Car lines were like failed breeding programs, full of genetic failures.
Mid 70s to 1990 Large Ford/Lincoln-Mercury cars ALL suffered from bad wiring harnesses.
GM products rusted. You could literally watch them rust.
Chrysler was...Other than their vans they made nothing worth buying.

Japanese cars weren't better back then but they were thousands cheaper for the same performance.
Then the Japanese figured quality out and proceeded to kick the US auto industry's butt for 30 years.

Perhaps.

But, the 60's?

View attachment 497840
True.

It was a corporate plan that a new car would go to crap after 3 years so people had to buy new cars.
Mid 70s to 1990 Large Ford/Lincoln-Mercury cars ALL suffered from bad wiring harnesses.

Japanese cars weren't better back then but they were thousands cheaper for the same performance.
Then the Japanese figured quality out and proceeded to kick the US auto industry's butt for 30 years.
I can’t agree. Emissions rules did apply to everyone but the Japanese did it better, plus they made smaller cars with smaller more fuel efficient engines. The big three tried to strap on emission equipment to the same engines and cars they always made.

Yes there was some arrogance, as they never thought Americans would buy Japanese.

You are claiming the big three all made cars with a policy of planned obsolescence. While some of that occurred, it was not throughout the industry. During the sixties the big three built many great cars. Many are still on road. So, planned obsolescence doesn’t apply.

I grew up in Detroit and my father worked as a senior executive for Chrysler. I also worked for Chrysler

Perhaps.

But, the 60's?

View attachment 497840
True.

I can’t agree. Emissions rules did apply to everyone but the Japanese did it better, plus they made smaller cars with smaller more fuel efficient engines. The big three tried to strap on emission equipment to the same engines and cars they always made.

Yes there was some arrogance, as they never thought Americans would buy Japanese.

You are claiming the big three all made cars with a policy of planned obsolescence. While some of that occurred, it was not throughout the industry. During the sixties the big three built many great cars. Many are still on road. So, planned obsolescence doesn’t apply.

I grew up in Detroit and my father worked as a senior executive for Chrysler. I also worked for Chrysler
Ever heard the term "RETOOLING"
Takes a while to change the manufacturing process.
P.O began in the mid to late 60s but wasn't prominent until the early 70s.
But, you make the choice.

75 Pinto or 75 Toyota Corolla
76 Ford Courier or 76 Toyota Pickup
77 Chevy C7 or Volkswagen Minibus

Remember how we used to read the vin to find out the day of the week a car was made and avoided Monday or Friday?

I'm not picking on people. It was a business strategy that depended entirely on the stupidity of the American people. And, as someone once said, "You'll never go broke betting on American stupidity."

Forum List

Back