Now I can carry my gun in all states...thanks gay marriage ruling.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Well.....one of those unintended consequences.......if gay marriage is constitutional in all 50 states due to the constitution...then now so is carrying a concealed gun......thanks gay marriage, a silver lining to your gay cloud....

Bearing ArmsSCOTUS Ruling On Same-Sex Marriage Mandates Nationwide Concealed Carry Reciprocity - Bearing Arms

The vast majority of states are “shall issue” on the matter of issuing concealed carry permits, and enjoy reciprocity with a large number of other states.

My North Carolina concealed carry permit, for example, was recognized yesterday as being valid in 36 states, which just so happened to be the number of states in which gay marriage was legal yesterday. But 14 states did not recognize my concealed carry permit yesterday.

Today they must.

Using the same “due process clause” argument as the Supreme Court just applied to gay marriage, my concealed carry permit must now be recognized as valid in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

A good day for gun rights....

Well.....one of those unintended consequences.......if gay marriage is constitutional in all 50 states due to the constitution...then now so is carrying a concealed gun......thanks gay marriage, a silver lining to your gay cloud....
Bearing ArmsSCOTUS Ruling On Same-Sex Marriage Mandates Nationwide Concealed Carry Reciprocity - Bearing Arms
The vast majority of states are “shall issue” on the matter of issuing concealed carry permits, and enjoy reciprocity with a large number of other states....My North Carolina concealed carry permit, for example, was recognized yesterday as being valid in 36 states, which just so happened to be the number of states in which gay marriage was legal yesterday. But 14 states did not recognize my concealed carry permit yesterday....Today they must....Using the same “due process clause” argument as the Supreme Court just applied to gay marriage, my concealed carry permit must now be recognized as valid in all 50 states and the District of Columbia....A good day for gun rights....
You know, you may have a point. Carrying a gun is a behavior too. So is marrying your son: Father To Marry Son In Bucks County PA -- With Court s Blessing US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Concealed carry is allowed in a majority of states.......more states than gay marriage, and the right to carry a gun is actually written in the Constitution...they didn't have to make up anything........

So...hooray........guns for everyone.....

Concealed carry is allowed in a majority of states.......more states than gay marriage, and the right to carry a gun is actually written in the Constitution...they didn't have to make up anything........

They'll disband your local police and federalize the police in all states before they do that.

The vast majority of states are “shall issue” on the matter of issuing concealed carry permits, and enjoy reciprocity with a large number of other states.

My North Carolina concealed carry permit, for example, was recognized yesterday as being valid in 36 states, which just so happened to be the number of states in which gay marriage was legal yesterday. But 14 states did not recognize my concealed carry permit yesterday.

Today they must.

Using the same “due process clause” argument as the Supreme Court just applied to gay marriage, my concealed carry permit must now be recognized as valid in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Hey, I double dog dare you to travel this great country of ours, visiting every state in the Union brandishing your prized gun in my neck of the woods? I can personally guarantee you, having it shoved up your ass won't be pleasant!!

In a perfect world, the same Constitutional standard would apply to gun rights, but it ain't gonna happen.

Even if such a court case ever made it's way that far up the judicial ladder (very improbable IMO), the SCOTUS is far too political to force restrictive states like New York and California to recognize the 2A.

They'll disband your local police and federalize the police in all states before they do that.

That's coming soon. We already see the influence the fed has over local police forces.

Today they must.

you should probably try reading the decision... with comprehension. because you clearly don't have a clue what it says or why.

the ruling has nothing to do with gun rights and in no way can be compared with a ruling on gun rights. :cuckoo:

amazing how much stupid can be packed into one sentence

[you should probably try reading the decision... with comprehension. because you clearly don't have a clue what it says or why.

the ruling has nothing to do with gun rights and in no way can be compared with a ruling on gun rights. :cuckoo:[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure you understand how court cases are decided.

That's coming soon. We already see the influence the fed has over local police forces.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Today they must.

I say go for it. Bring it loaded across state lines :thup:

[you should probably try reading the decision... with comprehension. because you clearly don't have a clue what it says or why.

the ruling has nothing to do with gun rights and in no way can be compared with a ruling on gun rights. :cuckoo:

I'm not sure you understand how court cases are decided.[/QUOTE]

okie dokie snookums. if you say so

Forum List

Back