🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Now is the time for Dems to fix the ACA

No, because the end goal for them was always single payer

If their goal was single payer, then they probably could of just went for single payer in the first place. Democrats controlled the entire government when the PPACA passed.

I don't think they would have been able to get away with it at the State level. States that didn't want it would sue the crap out of them, and would have a better chance of winning than when it came to Obamacare.

I don't think they would have been able to get away with it at the State level.

Sure they could of. States would love for the federal government to absorb their healthcare spending.

There is no reason why they couldn't of got single payer right away. It's just nonsensical to assert the PPACA was a 4d chess move to get single payer, when Democrats controlled the entire government and single payer would of been easier to defend.

I can't think of a better time for the Dems to introduce a bill that addresses the cost issues involved with the ACA. The great achievement of the bill was that it got 20 million people insured, but it still has many problems. We need to increase competition, offer some regulatory relief to small businesses, reduce drug costs, healthcare costs, and premium costs, etc. Now is the time to do it. If the GOP rejects their solutions then it puts the blame on them and they can no longer continue with the narrative that the ACA is self destructing. The ACA went far, perhaps a little too far, it may be good to consider some conservative principles to reign it in and help with some of the cost issues.

My question is, are the Dems going to roll up their sleeves and get to work at a time that the country needs it, and will the President respond in a cooperative way or will both sides keep playing the partisan divide games?
Democrats created all the provisions that increase the cost. They will fight tooth and nail to keep them. The idea that Dems will fix the ACA is ludicrous.

I don't think they would have been able to get away with it at the State level.

Sure they could of. States would love for the federal government to absorb their healthcare spending.

There is no reason why they couldn't of got single payer right away. It's just nonsensical to assert the PPACA was a 4d chess move to get single payer, when Democrats controlled the entire government and single payer would of been easier to defend.

Plenty of States fought Obamacare and lost. With single payer they might have won.

Democrats want single payer, its their end game.

Does anyone know why I gave the liberal claimants only 2 seconds after my post to give me evidence sources?
It was to show an example of how they give the president 0 time for everything.
A bill takes time and many rewrites and compromises, especially when the other party is adamantly obstructing whatever it will propose even if it's using their own proposals. I think we are all spoiled by Trumps work ethic and lightening speed that we forget the process is usually very slow.
Especially when the other side is purposely sabotaging and slowing down the gov't and cabinet selections.
INCLUDING WASTING TIME, MONEY, MAN POWER ON SILLY GOV'T INQUIRIES (like the illegal one on Trump's tax filings)used as political propaganda podiums instead of getting things done.
Stop spending our tax dollars on your future political posteuring and next set of elections, that is not what the process is for, those people have work to do and we see Dems doing nothing but using CSpan for delusional accusations and ranting.
Tell me what the Dems have been doing that doesn't include the word Trump or Russia?

I can't think of a better time for the Dems to introduce a bill that addresses the cost issues involved with the ACA. The great achievement of the bill was that it got 20 million people insured, but it still has many problems. We need to increase competition, offer some regulatory relief to small businesses, reduce drug costs, healthcare costs, and premium costs, etc. Now is the time to do it. If the GOP rejects their solutions then it puts the blame on them and they can no longer continue with the narrative that the ACA is self destructing. The ACA went far, perhaps a little too far, it may be good to consider some conservative principles to reign it in and help with some of the cost issues.

My question is, are the Dems going to roll up their sleeves and get to work at a time that the country needs it, and will the President respond in a cooperative way or will both sides keep playing the partisan divide games?
You can't fix the cost. There are not enough young adults to offset the high costs for the elderly.

The law is broken. It was never designed to succeed

Defeatist nonsense. Plenty of ways to reduce costs in the highly opaque healthcare system we have, none of them requiring repealing of the good ideas in ACA.

Democrats need to step up and (again) show feckless, reactionary Republicans how it is done.

Last edited:

You can't fix the cost. There are not enough young adults to offset the high costs for the elderly.

The elderly are on Medicare and not a part of any insurers risk pool, fool.
I ment old people not just the elderly. Bad wording on my part but the message was obvious. No surprise you missed it.

Defeatist nonsense. Plenty of ways to reduce costs in the highly opaque healthcare system we have, none of them requiring repealing of the good ideas in ACA.

Democrats need to step up and (again) show feckless, reactionary Republicans how it is done.
Again? The last time they stepped up the costs skyrocketed

It's a 100% failure, it can't be fixed. Dip shit

Because idiot like you claims so?

20+ millions of Americans now have insurance thanks to ACA. They cannot be turned down, kicked off or charged through the ass if they have pre-existing conditions or are sick, they get subsidies to make insurance more affordable.

100% failure? That is what we call a blatantly counterfactual claim.

20+ millions of Americans now have insurance thanks to ACA. They cannot be turned down, kicked off or charged through the ass if they have pre-existing conditions or are sick, they get subsidies to make insurance more affordable.

Problem is no one can afford it, and those 20 million that are getting it, are being paid for by people cant afford the extortion that is obamacare.
The vast majority of the people that are forced into Obamacare can't even come close to affording it. Countless small businesses have shut down because of Obamacare…

Problem is no one can afford it, and those 20 million that are getting it, are being paid for by people cant afford the extortion that is obamacare.
The vast majority of the people that are forced into Obamacare can't even come close to affording it. Countless small businesses have shut down because of Obamacare…

That is yet another counter factual.

Yes, CERTAINLY, some can afford it. Your hyperbole is ludicrous.

"Countless small businesses have shut down because of Obamacare"?? - Really? Countless? There is just no way to count them, right? This while no business with less than 50 employees has any mandate to provide insurance at all.

Employer Shared Responsibility Payment
Businesses with 50 or more full-time (or full-time equivalent) employees that don’t offer insurance, or offer coverage that doesn’t meet certain minimum standards, may be subject to the payment. Learn more about the Employer Shared Responsibility Payment from the IRS.

Reporting information on health coverage by employers and insurers
The health care law requires the following organizations and some other parties to report that they provide health coverage:

• Employers with 50 or more full-time (or full-time equivalent) employees
  • Health insurance issuers
  • Self-insuring employers of any size

How the Affordable Care Act affects small businesses

Last edited:

Yes, CERTAINLY, some can afford it.
Obamacare is exceedingly damaging to small business… Fact

Again, nothing is fact just because YOU say so, get it through your thick skull.

I don't know what you call "small", but business with less than 50 people has ZERO requirements from ACA.

Businesses with 50 or more full-time (or full-time equivalent) employees that don’t offer insurance, or offer coverage that doesn’t meet certain minimum standards, may be subject to the payment. Learn more about the Employer Shared Responsibility Payment from the IRS.

The health care law requires the following organizations and some other parties to report that they provide health coverage:

Are you sure about that? I know some elderly people have secondary and tertiary health insurance policies/coverage/benefits. Those people are almost certainly part of their insurers' risk pool.

Watching the Dems fix anything is like watching the 3 stooges fix plumbing.
They are just good at breaking stuff then complaining about those who dare want to clean up and fix their messes.

Have you taken a look at the repubs lately?

Slade3200 Even though I am opposed to statist solutions, here are a couple policy items which would lower costs under the current healthcare system

- Allow shopping across state lines
- Remove essential health benefits and force states to choose their own
- Permit businesses to form expanded pools to cover employees
- Remove taxes on drug manufacturers and hospital equipment
- Force medicaid beneficiaries to abide by a set of healthy habits :smoke:
- Demand public data publishing on all new drugs after a year
- End increased subsidies for EoLC. 20% of healthcare costs should not be absorbed by those in the process of dying.
- Legalize assisted suicide
- Expand the HSA program. The elderly absorb almost all healthcare costs, which is why it should be made easier to save for healthcare costs during seniority.

That's all I can think of right now. What do you think?
I appreciate you laying out some ideas so we can have a substantive discussion. So many on this board resort to the petty partisan attacks and never get below the surface. I like some of your ideas... I've heard some talk about allowing drugs to be imported from other countries which would help lower costs, so i'd add that to the list. I'd also take a close look at the hospitals and see what their major expenses are, it is imperative that we find ways to get costs down so people can actually afford to go to the doctor and get treated. Right now it is out of control and it seems all the money is going to the insurance companies and big Pharma.

This is a start right here:

Health insurance CEO salaries top out at $17.3M in 2015 | FierceHealthcare

Then let American's purchase drugs outside the U.S.
Take a look at Hospital CEO's
Several ways to save money above and beyond what I just posted.

Yes higher deductible HSA's will help keep the cost down on health insurance premiums's for the upper middle class and above, but do nothing to help the one's below. Before ACA there used to be $10,000 to $20,000 deductible HSA plans but very few people participated. This just isn't the answer, may help a little for the above.

Across state lines might help, but you have 50 states Office of Insurance Regulation's to deal with and follow each state mandates they already have in place. Then you have the problem of a Doctor in Miami not wanting to participate in the network for an Arizona individual plan. ACA made it legal Jan 1, 2016 to sell across state lines, to my knowledge no insurance company participated.

Are you sure about that? I know some elderly people have secondary and tertiary health insurance policies/coverage/benefits. Those people are almost certainly part of their insurers' risk pool.

When you talk of old people and insurance you have to differentiate whether over or under 65.

Again, nothing is fact just because YOU say so, get it through your thick skull.

I don't know what you call "small", but business with less than 50 people has ZERO requirements from ACA.

He doesn't know what he's talking above. Also most businesses with 50 + employee's already offered group health before ACA. If he knows of a small business that shut down because of ACA then that's on the management of that small business.

He doesn't know what he's talking above. Also most businesses with 50 + employee's already offered group health before ACA. If he knows of a small business that shut down because of ACA then that's on the management of that small business.
Countless small businesses cut their employees back under 50 because of Obamacare… Fact

Forum List

Back