🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Now is the time for Dems to fix the ACA

I can't think of a better time for the Dems to introduce a bill that addresses the cost issues involved with the ACA.
LOL, no, the Democrats already had their fun fucking up the U.S. Health Care system with Obamacare, now it's the Republicans turn to make it worse.

Besides Ryan and McConnell already have enough dead trees sitting on their desks collecting dust.

2013 CBO Projection # of Americans Covered by Health Insurance without Obamacare 186 million by 2016
2016 Actual Americans Covered by Health Insurance with Obamacare 177 million

.... 9 million less than the CBO projected would have health insurance if Obamacare had never been passed; thanks for your "help" Democrats. :rolleyes:

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." -- Ronald Reagan

Problem is no one can afford it, and those 20 million that are getting it, are being paid for by people cant afford the extortion that is obamacare.
The vast majority of the people that are forced into Obamacare can't even come close to affording it. Countless small businesses have shut down because of Obamacare…

That is yet another counter factual.

Yes, CERTAINLY, some can afford it.
Obamacare is exceedingly damaging to small business… Fact

Again, nothing is fact just because YOU say so, get it through your thick skull.

I don't know what you call "small", but business with less than 50 people has ZERO requirements from ACA.

Employer Shared Responsibility Payment
Businesses with 50 or more full-time (or full-time equivalent) employees that don’t offer insurance, or offer coverage that doesn’t meet certain minimum standards, may be subject to the payment. Learn more about the Employer Shared Responsibility Payment from the IRS.

Reporting information on health coverage by employers and insurers
The health care law requires the following organizations and some other parties to report that they provide health coverage:

• Employers with 50 or more full-time (or full-time equivalent) employees
  • Health insurance issuers
  • Self-insuring employers of any size

How the Affordable Care Act affects small businesses

He doesn't know what he's talking above. Also most businesses with 50 + employee's already offered group health before ACA. If he knows of a small business that shut down because of ACA then that's on the management of that small business.
Countless small businesses cut their employees back under 50 because of Obamacare… Fact

I believe he said they closed. I knew all about some with 50 either let them go or made them pt.

I can't think of a better time for the Dems to introduce a bill that addresses the cost issues involved with the ACA.
LOL, no, the Democrats already had their fun fucking up the U.S. Health Care system with Obamacare, now it's the Republicans turn to make it worse.

Besides Ryan and McConnell already have enough dead trees sitting on their desks collecting dust.

2013 CBO Projection # of Americans Covered by Health Insurance without Obamacare 186 million by 2016

.... 9 million less than the CBO projected would have health insurance if Obamacare had never been passed; thanks for your "help" Democrats. :rolleyes:

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." -- Ronald Reagan
Can you provide a link? Its hard to believe your numbers after looking at the historical trend, see graph below. Are you telling me that without the ACA the uninsured rate would have dropped more from 2013 to today?
upload_2017-3-29_8-15-23.png

U.S. Uninsured Rate at 11.0%, Lowest in Eight-Year Trend

Problem is no one can afford it, and those 20 million that are getting it, are being paid for by people cant afford the extortion that is obamacare.
The vast majority of the people that are forced into Obamacare can't even come close to affording it. Countless small businesses have shut down because of Obamacare…

That is yet another counter factual.

Yes, CERTAINLY, some can afford it.
Obamacare is exceedingly damaging to small business… Fact

Again, nothing is fact just because YOU say so, get it through your thick skull.

I don't know what you call "small", but business with less than 50 people has ZERO requirements from ACA.

Employer Shared Responsibility Payment
Businesses with 50 or more full-time (or full-time equivalent) employees that don’t offer insurance, or offer coverage that doesn’t meet certain minimum standards, may be subject to the payment. Learn more about the Employer Shared Responsibility Payment from the IRS.

Reporting information on health coverage by employers and insurers
The health care law requires the following organizations and some other parties to report that they provide health coverage:

• Employers with 50 or more full-time (or full-time equivalent) employees
  • Health insurance issuers
  • Self-insuring employers of any size

How the Affordable Care Act affects small businesses

He doesn't know what he's talking above. Also most businesses with 50 + employee's already offered group health before ACA. If he knows of a small business that shut down because of ACA then that's on the management of that small business.
Countless small businesses cut their employees back under 50 because of Obamacare… Fact

You don't know what you are talking about, that's why you keep throwing out bullshit assertions and then keep needing to move the goalposts by making totally new assertions.

I consider 50+ employees as medium, not small business, but either way your argumentation is intellectually bust. Nothing in ACA is terminally hinged on current 50+ employee mandate. If there is undue hardship this is CERTAINLY fixable by for example easing the penalty or providing more subsidies.

I suggest you stop parroting some bullshit you heard somewhere, stop your thoughtless politiking and use your head to seriously, constructively, consider the issues.

Last edited:

2016 Actual Americans Covered by Health Insurance with Obamacare 177 millionRonald Reagan

Why are you comparing apples and oranges.

Compare the number with healthcare in 2013 with the numnber in 2016

Here is a chart that goes back a few decades... The trend has been an increase in uninsured since the 1980's. How can you claim that doing nothing would have reversed the trend and cause an even more dramatic decrease than what happened under the ACA?

upload_2017-3-29_8-24-56.png

But whatever the case may be, your argument is bust nothing in ACA is terminally hinged on current 50+ employee mandate. If there is undue hardship this is CERTAINLY fixable by for example easing the penalty or providing more subsidies..

They could raise the number by 10, and suddenly small businesses would hire 10 more people, or a 20% increase in full time employees.

I agree with you about the insurance game. It is a middleman that is a black whole sucking up a ton of wealth.

The way the insurance companies work to reduce medical care costs is one of the few forces downward on medical costs.

Their competition is another downward force in medical costs.

But the real deflationary impact on medical costs will come when we have a truly healthy population that does not need as much medical care and there are several new technologies coming out on that avenue.

1. Genetic engineering drugs that will cause cells to repair themselves as they used to when we were teenagers. Human trials of age-reversing pill to start in six months | Daily Mail Online

Scientists have made a discovery that could lead to a revolutionary drug that actually reverses ageing.

The drug could help damaged DNA to miraculously repair and even protect Nasa astronauts on Mars by protecting them from solar radiation.

A team of researchers developed the drug after discovering a key signalling process in DNA repair and cell ageing.

During trials on mice, the team found that the drug directly repaired DNA damage caused by radiation exposure or old age.

'The cells of the old mice were indistinguishable from the young mice after just one week of treatment,' said lead author Professor David Sinclair.

Human trials of the pill will begin within six months.​

2. Cures to genetic disease are right around the corner. Scientists show that gene editing can 'turn off' human diseases

Gene editing has already been used to fight diseases, but there's now hope that it might eliminate the diseases altogether. Researchers have shownthat it's possible to eliminate facial muscular dystrophy using a newer editing technique, CRISPR (Clusters of Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats) to replace the offending gene and 'turn off' the condition. The approach sends a mix of protein and RNA to bind to a gene and give it an overhaul.

This doesn't mean that doctors suddenly have a cure-all on their hands. They haven't tried CRISPR on real live people, and there's no guarantee that it'd work with every genetic condition under the Sun. The initial test was only 50 percent effective, too. If this gene mending is useful in the field, though, it could do a lot to transform medicine. Doctors could treat the root cause of a genetic disease rather than deal with the symptoms, and possibly wipe it out entirely -- or at least, make it more bearable.​

This is just a start and given another 20 years, genetic disease might be thought of much as we today think of Polio.

3. The use of 3D printing to replace degenerating organs is almost here as well. No need to wait for a holiday set of fatal car crashes to get organs. We will be able to 3D print any organ needed using the stem cells of the recipient, thus avoiding huge complications due to tissue rejection. The Future of 3D Printing in Healthcare

Here a heart is built using a natural matrix of connective tissues instead of 3D printing and stem cells. Scientists Grow Beating Human Heart From Stem Cells

4. Introduction of nanotech robots and chemicals can repair the human body BEFORE there are problems. Tiny Implants Could Give Humans Self-Healing Superpowers

A new military-sponsored program aims to develop a tiny device that can be implanted in the body, where it will use electrical impulses to monitor the body's organs, healing these crucial parts when they become infected or injured.

Known as Electrical Prescriptions, or ElectRx, the program could reduce dependence on pharmaceutical drugs and offer a new way to treat illnesses, according to the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the branch of the U.S. Department of Defense responsible for developing the program.​

Here microscopic stealth drones are used to combat heart attacks. Drones could be used to seek out arteries to prevent heart attacks

We are on the cusp of indefinite life spans and constant good health IF we cooperate and make sure that such research is able to find its way to a market that can pay for it, thus we need to make sure that the elderly can purchase these treatments, and a government shepherded health insurance system I think is the optimal approach to this.

If this technology rolls out as planned, health insurance is going to become fairly cheap.

Last edited:
I agree with you about the insurance game. It is a middleman that is a black whole sucking up a ton of wealth.

The way the insurance companies work to reduce medical care costs is one of the few forces downward on medical costs.

No way, the only insurances that are seriously driving down the cost curve have been Medicare and Medicaid.

For the most part insurance companies have been complicit in passing the cost on to the consumers while government payers have had the big scale leverage backed up by political and public pressure to keep the costs down.

Slade3200 wants to "fix" the single biggest disaster in U.S. legislative history. A catastrophic disaster which Obama and the Dumbocrats own and which will haunt their party for decades to come.

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 11.28.43 AM.png

Can you provide a link? Its hard to believe your numbers after looking at the historical trend, see graph below. Are you telling me that without the ACA the uninsured rate would have dropped more from 2013 to today?
View attachment 119192
U.S. Uninsured Rate at 11.0%, Lowest in Eight-Year Trend

That's because your "historical trend" is including MEDICAID recipients, a program that was originally designed for those at or near the poverty line.

The numbers I quoted are people that have PRIVATE health care insurance, which Obamacare has made less affordable and reduced the availability of choice.

Obamacare has done nothing more than expanded the number of government dependents while shrinking the number of people that had their own health insurance that they chose and paid for themselves; typical government worshiper program, expand dependency while shrinking self-reliance, independence and upward mobility.

They should have called the ACA the American Poverty Expansion Act because that's what it is, don't worry though, I'm fairly certain that whatever the Republicans end up passing will just make things even worse.

CBO 2013 : https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/recurringdata/51298-2013-02-aca.pdf
CBO 2016 : https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/recurringdata/51298-2016-03-healthinsurance.pdf

Last edited:
The ACA was designed to fail. The libs want a single payer system for us and a Cadillac ins plan for themselves, just like all fascist tyrants. Gold for me piss for you.

1. Genetic engineering drugs that will cause cells to repair themselves as they used to when we were teenagers. Human trials of age-reversing pill to start in six months | Daily Mail Online

Scientists have made a discovery that could lead to a revolutionary drug that actually reverses ageing.

The drug could help damaged DNA to miraculously repair and even protect Nasa astronauts on Mars by protecting them from solar radiation.

A team of researchers developed the drug after discovering a key signalling process in DNA repair and cell ageing.

During trials on mice, the team found that the drug directly repaired DNA damage caused by radiation exposure or old age.

'The cells of the old mice were indistinguishable from the young mice after just one week of treatment,' said lead author Professor David Sinclair.

2. Cures to genetic disease are right around the corner. Scientists show that gene editing can 'turn off' human diseases

Gene editing has already been used to fight diseases, but there's now hope that it might eliminate the diseases altogether. Researchers have shownthat it's possible to eliminate facial muscular dystrophy using a newer editing technique, CRISPR (Clusters of Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats) to replace the offending gene and 'turn off' the condition. The approach sends a mix of protein and RNA to bind to a gene and give it an overhaul.

This doesn't mean that doctors suddenly have a cure-all on their hands. They haven't tried CRISPR on real live people, and there's no guarantee that it'd work with every genetic condition under the Sun. The initial test was only 50 percent effective, too. If this gene mending is useful in the field, though, it could do a lot to transform medicine. Doctors could treat the root cause of a genetic disease rather than deal with the symptoms, and possibly wipe it out entirely -- or at least, make it more bearable.​

This is just a start and given another 20 years, genetic disease might be thought of much as we today think of Polio.

3. The use of 3D printing to replace degenerating organs is almost here as well. No need to wait for a holiday set of fatal car crashes to get organs. We will be able to 3D print any organ needed using the stem cells of the recipient, thus avoiding huge complications due to tissue rejection. The Future of 3D Printing in Healthcare

Here a heart is built using a natural matrix of connective tissues instead of 3D printing and stem cells. Scientists Grow Beating Human Heart From Stem Cells

4. Introduction of nanotech robots and chemicals can repair the human body BEFORE there are problems. Tiny Implants Could Give Humans Self-Healing Superpowers

A new military-sponsored program aims to develop a tiny device that can be implanted in the body, where it will use electrical impulses to monitor the body's organs, healing these crucial parts when they become infected or injured.

Known as Electrical Prescriptions, or ElectRx, the program could reduce dependence on pharmaceutical drugs and offer a new way to treat illnesses, according to the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the branch of the U.S. Department of Defense responsible for developing the program.​

Here microscopic stealth drones are used to combat heart attacks. Drones could be used to seek out arteries to prevent heart attacks

We are on the cusp of indefinite life spans and constant good health IF we cooperate and make sure that such research is able to find its way to a market that can pay for it, thus we need to make sure that the elderly can purchase these treatments, and a government shepherded health insurance system I think is the optimal approach to this.

If this technology rolls out as planned, health insurance is going to become fairly cheap.

Seems like special pleading, we've had a lot of technological advancement coupled with big time cost growth. So far we got much better at keeping people alive longer, but at expense.

I'm going to believe in "self-healing powers" on the cheap when I see it, but sitting on our hands and doing nothing meanwhile is a dead end proposal.

But the real deflationary impact on medical costs will come when we have a truly healthy population that does not need as much meical care and there are several new technologies coming out on that avenue.

3. The use of 3D printing to replace degenerating organs is alsmot here as well. No need to wait for a holiday set of fatal car crashes to get organs. We will be able to 3D print any organ needed using the stem cells of the recipient, thus avoiding huge complications due to tissue rejection. The Future of 3D Printing in Healthcare

I agree that technology and development of new drugs will have a dramatic impact on healthcare costs. I have a good friend who broke his neck a while back. He was told he would never walk again. Through a lot of pain, rehab, and determination he fought is way onto his feet and can now move around with a cane and take care of himself. He gives inspirational talks around the country sharing his story and raises money for spinal chord injury, working with the Christopher Reeves foundation. He has ridden a tandem bike across the united states from San Diego to Florida. I tell this story to make the point that this friend of mine lives and breathes this stuff every day. From talks i've had with him, he is convinced that there would be a cure for paralysis and spinal chord injury right now if it wasn't for the blocking of medical research, development, and testing of new treatments by the medical lobby. They are after all in the business of treating sickness and injuries, not curing them. If there were cheap cures available then they would be out of business.

It is for these reasons that justify and necessitate the need for uncorrupted government oversight in our medical system, perhaps in coordination with groups that do not have ties to funding provided by the medical lobby. I love capitalism but in a P&L based model, the interest of the public is not always the best for the bottom line.

But the real deflationary impact on medical costs will come when we have a truly healthy population that does not need as much meical care and there are several new technologies coming out on that avenue.

3. The use of 3D printing to replace degenerating organs is alsmot here as well. No need to wait for a holiday set of fatal car crashes to get organs. We will be able to 3D print any organ needed using the stem cells of the recipient, thus avoiding huge complications due to tissue rejection. The Future of 3D Printing in Healthcare

I agree that technology and development of new drugs will have a dramatic impact on healthcare costs. I have a good friend who broke his neck a while back. He was told he would never walk again. Through a lot of pain, rehab, and determination he fought is way onto his feet and can now move around with a cane and take care of himself. He gives inspirational talks around the country sharing his story and raises money for spinal chord injury, working with the Christopher Reeves foundation. He has ridden a tandem bike across the united states from San Diego to Florida. I tell this story to make the point that this friend of mine lives and breathes this stuff every day. From talks i've had with him, he is convinced that there would be a cure for paralysis and spinal chord injury right now if it wasn't for the blocking of medical research, development, and testing of new treatments by the medical lobby. They are after all in the business of treating sickness and injuries, not curing them. If there were cheap cures available then they would be out of business.

It is for these reasons that justify and necessitate the need for uncorrupted government oversight in our medical system, perhaps in coordination with groups that do not have ties to funding provided by the medical lobby. I love capitalism but in a P&L based model, the interest of the public is not always the best for the bottom line.

I agree that unsupervised medical companies could wind up prolonging disease rather than finding cures.

The Cancer treatment industry is just one such example, IMO.

Slade3200 wants to "fix" the single biggest disaster in U.S. legislative history. A catastrophic disaster which Obama and the Dumbocrats own and which will haunt their party for decades to come.
I see you've been slurping up the talking points. I agree that there are major financial issues with the ACA and changes need to be made. But I'm also objective enough to see the flip side that has literally saved lives, and gotten people insurance who before could not get it. 20 million of them. I don't see how you can make any kind of rational argument that explains how insuring 20 million new people is a bad thing.... So now we need to move on to make the plans better and cheaper by lowering healthcare costs and growing enrollments.

I see you've been slurping up the talking points. I agree that there are major financial issues with the ACA and changes need to be made. But I'm also objective enough to see the flip side that has literally saved lives, and gotten people insurance who before could not get it. 20 million of them. I don't see how you can make any kind of rational argument that explains how insuring 20 million new people is a bad thing.... So now we need to move on to make the plans better and cheaper by lowering healthcare costs and growing enrollments.
This issue is an excellent example of how partisanship has caused a deep divide among Middle Class Americans who should be able to work together on this subject as it most benefits us.

This issue is an excellent example of how partisanship has caused a deep divide among Middle Class Americans who should be able to work together on this subject as it most benefits us.
I agree... I've heard many good talking points from the GOP on policy ideas that I think would help the healthcare situation and I recognize they often fall on deaf ears. You know what is making their opposition deaf? It's one word... REPEAL. It is the effort to dismiss and delegitimize Obama and the Democrats for the ACA. There has never been a bipartisan effort to make the ACA better, only to toss it out. The AHCA wasn't a new bill, it was a modified version of the ACA. The first step to moving forward and working together is stop with the BS repeal talk and pass amendments to the ACA that will make it better. If the GOP can give the name to the dems and proposed fixes it will go a long way to draw bipartisan support.

I agree... I've heard many good talking points from the GOP on policy ideas that I think would help the healthcare situation and I recognize they often fall on deaf ears. You know what is making their opposition deaf? It's one word... REPEAL. It is the effort to dismiss and delegitimize Obama and the Democrats for the ACA. There has never been a bipartisan effort to make the ACA better, only to toss it out. The AHCA wasn't a new bill, it was a modified version of the ACA. The first step to moving forward and working together is stop with the BS repeal talk and pass amendments to the ACA that will make it better. If the GOP can give the name to the dems and proposed fixes it will go a long way to draw bipartisan support.
There is no practical way to repeal Obamacare as it would make any such legislation vulnerable to a filibuster.

Perhaps if the GOP wants to wait until the 2018 elections are over and they gain more Senate seats, but that is not a given turn out.

If the GOP continues to F their act up, the Democrats might GAIN seats in 2018.

Forum List

Back