🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Now is the time for Dems to fix the ACA

It's a 100% failure, it can't be fixed. Dip shit

Because idiot like you claims so?

20+ millions of Americans now have insurance thanks to ACA. They cannot be turned down, kicked off or charged through the ass if they have pre-existing conditions or are sick, they get subsidies to make insurance more affordable.

100% failure? That is what we call a blatantly counterfactual claim.
300 million Americans now have insurance they can't use. Big improvement, douche bag.

lol you may as well have said "Look at me! I am a total fucking idiot!"

Americans have insurance and yes they use plenty of it it too. DUH.
They can't use it for most things when the deductible is $13,000. It also doesn't cover drugs or doctor visits or tests. It's completely fucking worthless.

Sent from my SM-G930U using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
That deductible is for a whole family, one doctor visit/year and many tests are free, and one hospitalization can cost many times that (annual cap not much more). That's the way insurance was going before ACA. Now go after costs. This is a framework to be worked on FOREVER.

The deductible is for me and my wife. That's $6,500 each. Tests are not free. I have to get a blood test every 3 months, and I paid the full price. There's not coverage for drugs or doctor visits.

So what does this "health insurance" do for me? I paid $900/month for this worthless piece of shit.

20+ millions of Americans now have insurance thanks to ACA. They cannot be turned down, kicked off or charged through the ass if they have pre-existing conditions or are sick, they get subsidies to make insurance more affordable.

300 million Americans now have insurance they can't use. Big improvement, douche bag.
You pull your number's out of trumps ass or what. You don't know fucking shit about healthcare or health insurance. You're probably sitting there right now watch fox news and someone said that. When you know a little about the subject come back and learn more, otherwise stay out of a convo you know absolutley nothing about.
"Shut up?"

That's your response?

Did I hurt the little trumpie snowflake feelings? You no nothing about health care, nothing.
You proved you're just a insult spewing moron. How would that hurt my feelings? On what basis do you claim that I know nothing about health care?

A tax cut for the rich- the usual GOP idea...
Said the Dem or the Liberal media, but never shown why they say that. Sources backing anything? Interview with a bill designer saying why? Is it to pay more burdrn on the care act? Info since you made a statement back it like I almost always do.
You must be kidding. ACA repeal was a huge one.
That wasn't an answer to my question nor request and you had a whole day to make up excuses and that's the best you can do?
You made the statement and now you can't back that statement up.
Reagan and Boosh made huge tax cuts on the rich DUHHH. Repeal and replace was another one. Change the channel and get some real news.
You are off topic or admitting you lied, the statement was tax breaks for the rich with this New Bill, and nobody knows what the new retooled bill had in it, only a few points about the original draft and that info is through media that is always lying and exagerating and biased= unreliable. So we can conclude people like making
unsubstantiated commentary, and just leave it at that.

I can't think of a better time for the Dems to introduce a bill that addresses the cost issues involved with the ACA. The great achievement of the bill was that it got 20 million people insured, but it still has many problems. We need to increase competition, offer some regulatory relief to small businesses, reduce drug costs, healthcare costs, and premium costs, etc. Now is the time to do it. If the GOP rejects their solutions then it puts the blame on them and they can no longer continue with the narrative that the ACA is self destructing. The ACA went far, perhaps a little too far, it may be good to consider some conservative principles to reign it in and help with some of the cost issues.

My question is, are the Dems going to roll up their sleeves and get to work at a time that the country needs it, and will the President respond in a cooperative way or will both sides keep playing the partisan divide games?
You can't fix the cost. There are not enough young adults to offset the high costs for the elderly.

The law is broken. It was never designed to succeed
The elderly are on Medicare..
By elderly I ment sick old people. If it weren't for them insurance would be affordable. That is an undeniable fact. They are the ones consuming the benefits of this law. They are the reason a perfectly healthy 20 something is paying hundreds with thousands of out of pocket for services if he actually needs them. The mandate fucked the youth at the expense of the old & sick.

"Sick old people" are on Medicare.

A basic fact of all insurance is that those who do not use it pay for those who do.

If you never make a claim to your auto insurance, you are paying for those who

You also pay for those who do not have insurance.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

I can't think of a better time for the Dems to introduce a bill that addresses the cost issues involved with the ACA. The great achievement of the bill was that it got 20 million people insured, but it still has many problems. We need to increase competition, offer some regulatory relief to small businesses, reduce drug costs, healthcare costs, and premium costs, etc. Now is the time to do it. If the GOP rejects their solutions then it puts the blame on them and they can no longer continue with the narrative that the ACA is self destructing. The ACA went far, perhaps a little too far, it may be good to consider some conservative principles to reign it in and help with some of the cost issues.

My question is, are the Dems going to roll up their sleeves and get to work at a time that the country needs it, and will the President respond in a cooperative way or will both sides keep playing the partisan divide games?
You can't fix the cost. There are not enough young adults to offset the high costs for the elderly.

There are many good ideas out there that can help lower medical care and prescription drug costs. There are regulations that can be eased to allow for more competition and lower priced insurance plans. It's pretty lazy of you to simply dismiss all options and say its hopeless. Did you think the AHCA did anything to help the situation?

Yes it did but, just like when Medicare was first enacted, it was a mess and some said to scrap it.

Now, it's solvent and functions quite well.

Now we need to fix ObamaCare, possibly Medicare for all.

Hoping everyone is writing congress

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

The elderly are on Medicare..
By elderly I ment sick old people. If it weren't for them insurance would be affordable. That is an undeniable fact. They are the ones consuming the benefits of this law. They are the reason a perfectly healthy 20 something is paying hundreds with thousands of out of pocket for services if he actually needs them. The mandate fucked the youth at the expense of the old & sick.
The mandate didn't fuck anybody. It actually saved the % of 20 year olds that get in accidents or get sick without insurance from going bankrupt or in lifelong debt. All the mandate did was get more young people insurance which they should all have. The major problem with our healthcare system is the extremely high prices for drugs and care. We need to be working on ways to reduce those costs.

Where in the constitution does it say that govt shall force everyone to buy a product or face fines or jail time?
It doesn't say anything about healthcare in the constitution just like the constitution doesn't dictate what the speed limit in school zones is or how we regulate our airspace around airports. It's called legislation

Yeah, and they jacked up everyone else's rates and deductibles to the point they are effectively uninsured.

WTF are you retards talking about?

I happen to know a couple of people with insurance including my family, and yes they are insured and yes they sometimes use that insurance. I also happen to work in a hospital where everyday, people with insurance, come in and get treatment.

Are righties so fucking drunk on cool aid that you can't even speak anymore without making BLATANTLY RIDICULOUS counter factual statements?

You fellas are functioning in some sort of comic book parallel universe, which has little to nothing to do with reality.

All I can speak to is the folks that I work with and others I have spoken to. Our deductibles have risen from $2,500 to over $10,000. Our rates have skyrocketed. What do you think will happen when you throw millions of uninsured with previous conditions into the system?

You lefties are the most economically illiterate numb-skulls going.
You have a $10,000 deductible? Really? Say honest

I don't see how you can make any kind of rational argument that explains how insuring 20 million new people is a bad thing....
I'll gladly do that for you right now! It "insured 20 million new people"....
  • at the expense of liberty for 330 million Americans
  • at the expense of 10 million who had their insurance ripped away from them
  • at the expense of 310 million Americans who had their money confiscated and redistributed for the 20 million
Dude....I know you love your sob-story about the 20 million who received the shittiest healthcare coverage ever. It falls on deaf ears for the educated who don't allow Hallwmark Channel stories tugging at the heart strings to override their brain. Logic and reason should dictate sound public policy snowflake - not bullshit sentimental greeting cards.

Those 20 million people who didn't have health insurance - 99.95% of them did it to themselves. All of society should not be torn down and turned in Joseph Stalin's U.S.S.R. because of their bad choices in life.
It doesn't sound like you understand that the uninsured still get sick and in accidents, they still get treated at hospitals and that results in exploding historical bills/costs that get passed on to everybody else. So whether you like it or not it has an effect. To reduce this problem we need more people to have insurance it's pretty simple.

They can't use it for most things when the deductible is $13,000. It also doesn't cover drugs or doctor visits or tests. It's completely fucking worthless.

That deductible is for a whole family, one doctor visit/year and many tests are free, and one hospitalization can cost many times that (annual cap not much more). That's the way insurance was going before ACA. Now go after costs. This is a framework to be worked on FOREVER.

The deductible is for me and my wife. That's $6,500 each. Tests are not free. I have to get a blood test every 3 months, and I paid the full price. There's not coverage for drugs or doctor visits.

So what does this "health insurance" do for me? I paid $900/month for this worthless piece of shit.
It's protection for a catastrophe. That's how expensive GOP laissez-faire/crony insurer/RW doctor care has gotten us to...now we can start working on reducing costs for the first time. Your colonoscopy is free and other preventive tests. The great guy across the street didn't know that, so he's dead. My best friend ditto, but I told him, so they found it and he lived.

It doesn't sound like you understand that the uninsured still get sick and in accidents, they still get treated at hospitals and that results in exploding historical bills/costs that get passed on to everybody else. So whether you like it or not it has an effect. To reduce this problem we need more people to have insurance it's pretty simple.
It is pretty simple. For the uninsured - you confiscate all of their assets (bank accounts, stocks & bonds, property & automobile, jewelry, etc.) and you liquidate it all to pay for the healthcare. For those that don't have any assets, you put them on a payment plan until it is paid off. Problem solved! See how easy it is to make each person responsible for their own lives and their own choices?

A tax cut for the rich- the usual GOP idea...
Said the Dem or the Liberal media, but never shown why they say that. Sources backing anything? Interview with a bill designer saying why? Is it to pay more burdrn on the care act? Info since you made a statement back it like I almost always do.
You must be kidding. ACA repeal was a huge one.
That wasn't an answer to my question nor request and you had a whole day to make up excuses and that's the best you can do?
You made the statement and now you can't back that statement up.
Reagan and Boosh made huge tax cuts on the rich DUHHH. Repeal and replace was another one. Change the channel and get some real news.
You are off topic or admitting you lied, the statement was tax breaks for the rich with this New Bill, and nobody knows what the new retooled bill had in it, only a few points about the original draft and that info is through media that is always lying and exagerating and biased= unreliable. So we can conclude people like making
unsubstantiated commentary, and just leave it at that.
Sure, dupe.
CBO Shows How the GOP's Obamacare Repeal Is a Giant Tax Cut for ...
https://www.usnews.com/.../cbo-shows-how-the-gops-obamacare-repeal-is-a-giant-tax...
Mar 14, 2017 - The GOP's health care bill is officially a gigantic tax cut for the rich.
Obamacare Repeal Would Give 400 Super-Rich U.S. Households A ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/.../obamacare-repeal-tax-cut-400-richest-american-househo...
Jan 12, 2017 - Obamacare Repeal Would Give 400 Super-Rich U.S. Households A Giant Tax Cut. Related: A bunch of people would lose health insurance.
Obamacare Repeal Results In Tax Cuts For The Rich; Tax Increases ...
www.forbes.com/.../obamacare-repeal-results-in-tax-cuts-for-the-rich-tax-increases-an...
Dec 15, 2016 - Obamacare is a goner. The details of its demise remain to be sorted out, but Republicans have been salivating at the prospect of repealing the ...
The ACHA Bill Is a Tax Cut for Rich Americans - The Atlantic
The GOP’s Plan Is Basically a $600 Billion Tax Cut for Rich Americans
Mar 7, 2017 - The GOP's Plan Is Basically a $600 Billion Tax Cut for Rich ... It repeals the individual mandate and replaces it with a worse mandate.
Study: Obamacare repeal means a $197,000 tax cut for the 0.1 ... - Vox
www.vox.com/2016/12/15/13967842/obamacare-tax-cut-wealthy
Dec 15, 2016 - Study: Obamacare repeal means a $197,000 tax cut for the 0.1 percent ... the net effect of Obamacare repeal is a massive tax cut for the rich.
Wealthy Would Get Billions in Tax Cuts Under Obamacare Repeal Plan
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/10/business/tax-cuts-affordable-care-act-repeal.html
Mar 10, 2017 - Two of the biggest tax cuts in Republican proposals to repeal the Affordable Care Act would deliver roughly $144 billion over the coming ..

Defeatist nonsense. Plenty of ways to reduce costs in the highly opaque healthcare system we have, none of them requiring repealing of the good ideas in ACA.

Democrats need to step up and (again) show feckless, reactionary Republicans how it is done.

VERY few people have a deductible like that (bronze plan in individual insurance market that perhaps 1-2% of population has)

Your 300 million comment was pure idiocy.

Your comments also directly contradict facts of law. Standard check-up visits are covered for example with no co-pay

It's protection for a catastrophe. That's how expensive GOP laissez-faire/crony insurer/RW doctor care has gotten us to...now we can start working on reducing costs for the first time. Your colonoscopy is free and other preventive tests. The great guy across the street didn't know that, so he's dead. My best friend ditto, but I told him, so they found it and he lived.
Before Obamacare, such policies did not cost $900/mo. They might cost $100/mo. They were called "catastrophic" policies.

They aren't 9 times more expensive now because of the free market. Obamacare abolished the free market.

VERY few people have a deductible like that (bronze plan in individual insurance market that perhaps 1-2% of population has)

Your comments also directly contradict facts of law. Standard check-up visits are covered for example with no co-pay

The Bronze plan was $900/mo for my wife and I. They might as well label it "worthless bag of shit."

Doctor visits were not covered. You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Before Obamacare, such policies did not cost $900/mo. They might cost $100/mo. They were called "catastrophic" policies.

They aren't 9 times more expensive now because of the free market. Obamacare abolished the free market.
They were also scams...

It is pretty simple. For the uninsured - you confiscate all of their assets (bank accounts, stocks & bonds, property & automobile, jewelry, etc.) and you liquidate it all to pay for the healthcare. For those that don't have any assets, you put them on a payment plan until it is paid off. Problem solved! See how easy it is to make each person responsible for their own lives and their own choices?
Yeah, that happens a lot... guess what then happens... poverty and crime spike. It's fine if you were happy with the status quo of what was happening for decades before the ACA. There were major problems with our healthcare and Obama tried to fix it while Reps stick their thumbs up their asses. The ACA did a nice job getting people insured, now we need leadership to get costs down

They were also scams...
ROFL!

Obamacare is a scam.

The Bronze plan was $900/mo for my wife and I. They might as well label it "worthless bag of shit."

Doctor visits were not covered. You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.
Confusion Surrounds Free Obamacare Wellness Visits | US News
https://www.usnews.com/news/.../confusion-surrounds-free-obamacare-wellness-visits
Dec 10, 2015 - Stories like this are common among patients, who struggle with confusion about what prevention services insurance covers under President Barack Obama's health care law, the Affordable Care Act. ... Under the law, most health insurance plans must cover a set of preventive services without any cost to patients.

They were also scams...
ROFL!

Obamacare is a scam.
There were 500k bankruptcies a year before ACA, for people who THOUGHT they had good insurance. No bankruptcy for YOU. You're welcome.

Forum List

Back