Now is the time for Dems to fix the ACA

I can't think of a better time for the Dems to introduce a bill that addresses the cost issues involved with the ACA. The great achievement of the bill was that it got 20 million people insured, but it still has many problems. We need to increase competition, offer some regulatory relief to small businesses, reduce drug costs, healthcare costs, and premium costs, etc. Now is the time to do it. If the GOP rejects their solutions then it puts the blame on them and they can no longer continue with the narrative that the ACA is self destructing. The ACA went far, perhaps a little too far, it may be good to consider some conservative principles to reign it in and help with some of the cost issues.

My question is, are the Dems going to roll up their sleeves and get to work at a time that the country needs it, and will the President respond in a cooperative way or will both sides keep playing the partisan divide games?
You can't fix the cost. There are not enough young adults to offset the high costs for the elderly.

The law is broken. It was never designed to succeed

The elderly are on Medicare and not a part of any insurers risk pool, fool.

Are you sure about that? I know some elderly people have secondary and tertiary health insurance policies/coverage/benefits. Those people are almost certainly part of their insurers' risk pool.

When you talk of old people and insurance you have to differentiate whether over or under 65.

Oh, my....How old are you?

I don't think they would have been able to get away with it at the State level.

Sure they could of. States would love for the federal government to absorb their healthcare spending.

There is no reason why they couldn't of got single payer right away. It's just nonsensical to assert the PPACA was a 4d chess move to get single payer, when Democrats controlled the entire government and single payer would of been easier to defend.
To refresh your memory,Obama started with single payer,then big insurance( which has traditionally been republican)promised so much money to democrat relection funds,it was an offer that they wouldn't refuse.A close relative who is a top level executive for one of the top 5 insurance companies was assigned to take part in the negotiations that sealed the deal.

I can't think of a better time for the Dems to introduce a bill that addresses the cost issues involved with the ACA. The great achievement of the bill was that it got 20 million people insured, but it still has many problems. We need to increase competition, offer some regulatory relief to small businesses, reduce drug costs, healthcare costs, and premium costs, etc. Now is the time to do it. If the GOP rejects their solutions then it puts the blame on them and they can no longer continue with the narrative that the ACA is self destructing. The ACA went far, perhaps a little too far, it may be good to consider some conservative principles to reign it in and help with some of the cost issues.

My question is, are the Dems going to roll up their sleeves and get to work at a time that the country needs it, and will the President respond in a cooperative way or will both sides keep playing the partisan divide games?
You can't fix the cost. There are not enough young adults to offset the high costs for the elderly.

The elderly are on Medicare..
By elderly I ment sick old people. If it weren't for them insurance would be affordable. That is an undeniable fact. They are the ones consuming the benefits of this law. They are the reason a perfectly healthy 20 something is paying hundreds with thousands of out of pocket for services if he actually needs them. The mandate fucked the youth at the expense of the old & sick.
The mandate didn't fuck anybody. It actually saved the % of 20 year olds that get in accidents or get sick without insurance from going bankrupt or in lifelong debt. All the mandate did was get more young people insurance which they should all have. The major problem with our healthcare system is the extremely high prices for drugs and care. We need to be working on ways to reduce those costs.
I don't think most of you stop to think, WHAT IS INSURANCE. ANY KIND OF INSURANCE.

It is not an Entitlement. It is nothing more than a lottery ticket created to make a third party wealthy. Party A issues a lottery ticket (policy) to party B in the hopes that party B never has to hit the jackpot and thereby turns a profit off of the risk. Forcing coverage for pre existing conditions was nothing more than a surefire way to bankrupt party A thereby creating the need for the government to take over.
It's akin to forcing All-State to cover me in my automobile when I've had a half dozen dui's and lots of crashes & speeding tickets.
Are you saying that you don't have any form of insurance that you're not legally obligated to have?

When you talk of old people and insurance you have to differentiate whether over or under 65.

Oh, my....How old are you?
Her profile states that she is 69.

upload_2017-3-29_12-28-23.png

But I'm also objective enough to see the flip side that has literally saved lives, and gotten people insurance who before could not get it. 20 million of them. I don't see how you can make any kind of rational argument that explains how insuring 20 million new people is a bad thing.... So now we need to move on to make the plans better and cheaper by lowering healthcare costs and growing enrollments.

The more people with insurance, the bigger the burden on the healthcare industry. But we're already seeing some of the results. Hospital occupancy is down to 45%, due to many procedures that used to be done in the hospital, being done in clinics, and doctors offices.

They don't want to do any of that.......the whole point to obamacare was to create those problems...so that the next democrat President in 2016 could come in and say...hey, this isn't working, time for single payer.......

This issue is an excellent example of how partisanship has caused a deep divide among Middle Class Americans who should be able to work together on this subject as it most benefits us.

As Paul Ryan pointed out multiple times, for 10 years the republicans have been the opposition party. It was easy, all they had to do was to say no. Now they have to governmen, and it's not as easy as they thought.

Medicare for all is the obvious fix for the ACA.

Medicare for All: Leaving No One Behind - Bernie Sanders

Medicare for All: Leaving No One Behind

It has been the goal of Democrats since Franklin D. Roosevelt to create a universal health care system guaranteeing health care to all people. Every other major industrialized nation has done so. It is time for this country to join them and fulfill the legacy of Franklin D. Roosevelt, Harry Truman, Lyndon B. Johnson and other great Democrats.

But I'm also objective enough to see the flip side that has literally saved lives, and gotten people insurance who before could not get it. 20 million of them. I don't see how you can make any kind of rational argument that explains how insuring 20 million new people is a bad thing.... So now we need to move on to make the plans better and cheaper by lowering healthcare costs and growing enrollments.

The more people with insurance, the bigger the burden on the healthcare industry. But we're already seeing some of the results. Hospital occupancy is down to 45%, due to many procedures that used to be done in the hospital, being done in clinics, and doctors offices.
So you honestly think that less people with health insurance is a good thing?

Do you recognize that if somebody who is uninsured gets sick or in an accident and goes to the emergency room, the hospital has to treat them and they have to eat the costs. These costs get translated into increases that those who pay need to cover. Its why an aspirin in the the hospital costs $30. Also, those who get the treatment end up going bankrupt or have ruin credit or debt for a lifetime

They don't want to do any of that.......the whole point to obamacare was to create those problems...so that the next democrat President in 2016 could come in and say...hey, this isn't working, time for single payer.......
yeah right... keep going with that talking point, its worth a few chuckles

The dems will not step up and the repubs are spineless now that they are in charge. They voted several time to repeal when they knew the vote meant nothing.

The elderly are on Medicare..
By elderly I ment sick old people. If it weren't for them insurance would be affordable. That is an undeniable fact. They are the ones consuming the benefits of this law. They are the reason a perfectly healthy 20 something is paying hundreds with thousands of out of pocket for services if he actually needs them. The mandate fucked the youth at the expense of the old & sick.
The mandate didn't fuck anybody. It actually saved the % of 20 year olds that get in accidents or get sick without insurance from going bankrupt or in lifelong debt. All the mandate did was get more young people insurance which they should all have. The major problem with our healthcare system is the extremely high prices for drugs and care. We need to be working on ways to reduce those costs.

Where in the constitution does it say that govt shall force everyone to buy a product or face fines or jail time?

The time for the left to fix THEIR COLOSSAL FUCK UP passed when they lost control in DC. In fact it is one of the reasons they lost control although they've yet to figure that out.
IT is time for all of us to cooperate together and fix this for the sake of innocent nonpolitical Americans that depend on their medical care to stay alive and maintain their biological quality of life.
so are you saying I'll have the right then to tell them to stop having sex and babies? How about the druggies? can we force them to stop taking drugs? you folks who think you can just wave a wand and everyone is all hunky dory is fantastic.

Defeatist nonsense. Plenty of ways to reduce costs in the highly opaque healthcare system we have, none of them requiring repealing of the good ideas in ACA.

Democrats need to step up and (again) show feckless, reactionary Republicans how it is done.

Such as?

Defeatist nonsense. Plenty of ways to reduce costs in the highly opaque healthcare system we have, none of them requiring repealing of the good ideas in ACA.

Democrats need to step up and (again) show feckless, reactionary Republicans how it is done.
It's a 100% failure, it can't be fixed. Dip shit

Because idiot like you claims so?

20+ millions of Americans now have insurance thanks to ACA. They cannot be turned down, kicked off or charged through the ass if they have pre-existing conditions or are sick, they get subsidies to make insurance more affordable.

100% failure? That is what we call a blatantly counterfactual claim.
300 million Americans now have insurance they can't use. Big improvement, douche bag.

20+ millions of Americans now have insurance thanks to ACA. They cannot be turned down, kicked off or charged through the ass if they have pre-existing conditions or are sick, they get subsidies to make insurance more affordable.

300 million Americans now have insurance they can't use. Big improvement, douche bag.

lol you may as well have said "Look at me! I am a total fucking idiot!"

Americans have insurance and yes they use plenty of it it too. DUH.

You pull your number's out of trumps ass or what. You don't know fucking shit about healthcare or health insurance. You're probably sitting there right now watch fox news and someone said that. When you know a little about the subject come back and learn more, otherwise stay out of a convo you know absolutley nothing about.

You would think being a poster 6 years with over 71000 posts he surely would have pulled his head out of his ass by now.

Yeah, and they jacked up everyone else's rates and deductibles to the point they are effectively uninsured.

Yeah, and they jacked up everyone else's rates and deductibles to the point they are effectively uninsured.

WTF are you retards talking about?

I happen to know a couple of people with insurance including my family, and yes they are insured and yes they sometimes use that insurance. I also happen to work in a hospital where everyday, people with insurance, come in and get treatment.

Are righties so fucking drunk on cool aid that you can't even speak anymore without making BLATANTLY RIDICULOUS counter factual statements?

You fellas are functioning in some sort of comic book parallel universe, which has little to nothing to do with reality.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back