Now it's a FELONY to write KKK on a window ledge!!!

FELONY Vandalism????

What if he'd just written "Fuck You"????

"Hate Crime" is such an Orwellian Thought-Police bullshit crime.
:cuckoo:

If he had scratched in "Obama 2012" He's be the front runner for Student Body President.

But a fact.

You're a retard, and generally not worth responding to; but I'll bite.

Post a documented and legitimate case of a black man (or woman) in the last 10 years "thrown in prison for no reason?"

I won't hold my breath.

We do not have freedom of speech in this country. The constitution has not existed here for all of our lifetime. The right to freedom of speech is not absolute, the right is commonly subject to limitations, as with injury, hate speech, bullying, libel, slander, obscenity and incitement to commit a crime. From complicity or conspiracy, incitement to murder is persuading, encouraging, instigating, pressuring, or threatening someone to commit a homicide.

Try yelling fire in a crowded theater or death threats against the president. Plotting a crime will also get you arrested. Say the wrong thing to a police officer & you will be jailed. Say the wrong thing in court & you will also get locked up. Your only real right is to remain silent.

Last edited:
It was vandalism, not speech. Klan-boi is free to walk around with a KKK T-shirt.

He was convicted of speech, not vandalism.

Facts are difficult for you of the authoritarian left.
Damn you are really stupider than I thought.

He wasn't convicted of hate speech. There is NO LAW against hate speech.

Myles Burton, a former member of the Elmhurst College men’s basketball team, was arrested on allegations of scratching the words “KKK,” “Negro,” and “I hate black people” on a windowsill of Stanger Hall Dec. 7.

Burton was charged with a hate crime, alongside former teammates Samuel Ficker and Michael McCurdy, who face misdemeanor criminal charges for their presence during the incident, according to Campus Security.

Burton, whose court date is set for Jan. 9, is currently in the DuPage County Jail under a $5,000 bond.

The first offense for committing a hate crime on or near school property is a Class 3 felony with a sentence of up to five years in prison, according to Campus Security.

Former Elmhurst College athlete arrested for Stanger Hall hate crime, two now-suspended players face misdemeanor charges | The Leader Newspaper - Elmhurst College

We do not have freedom of speech in this country. The constitution has not existed here for all of our lifetime. The right to freedom of speech is not absolute, the right is commonly subject to limitations, as with injury, libel, slander, obscenity and incitement to commit a crime.

Try yelling fire in a crowded theater or death threats against the president. Plotting a crime will also get you arrested. Say the wrong thing to a police officer & you will be jailed. Say the wrong thing in court & you will also get locked up. Your only real right is to remain silent.
Another dope weighs in.

In practice, the right to freedom of speech is not absolute in any country and the right is commonly subject to limitations, as with injury, libel, slander, obscenity and incitement to commit a crime.

What you say is true, yet well defined by legal precedence. I pointed out earlier that there actually is no prohibition against yelling "fire" in a crowded theater. You cannot be charged with a crime for the words. What there is, rather, is strict liability. You will be held strictly liable for any torts that result from your action, including injuries and property damage. I know this seems like a fine line, but it's an important one. If you yell "Fire," and no one reacts, you cannot be held for a crime (under the laws of the old Republic), only if there is damage, i.e. torts as a result, can you be held for civil and criminal damages.

As far as the police goes, this is out of control and one of the reasons why people MUST stand up to infringements of civil rights such as this case. In Los Angeles you will be arrested if you video tape a cop. Given the Rodney King incident, this is a grave infringement of the right and ability of the public to hold the police accountable. Rights are only protected as far as we the people demand that they be. Clearly the left seeks authoritarianism, so that leaves it on the rest of us to demand that civil rights be honored.

It was vandalism, not speech. Klan-boi is free to walk around with a KKK T-shirt.

Myles Burton, a former member of the Elmhurst College men’s basketball team, was arrested on allegations of scratching the words “KKK,” “Negro,” and “I hate black people” on a windowsill of Stanger Hall Dec. 7.

Burton was charged with a hate crime, alongside former teammates Samuel Ficker and Michael McCurdy, who face misdemeanor criminal charges for their presence during the incident, according to Campus Security.

Burton, whose court date is set for Jan. 9, is currently in the DuPage County Jail under a $5,000 bond.

The first offense for committing a hate crime on or near school property is a Class 3 felony with a sentence of up to five years in prison, according to Campus Security.

Former Elmhurst College athlete arrested for Stanger Hall hate crime, two now-suspended players face misdemeanor charges | The Leader Newspaper - Elmhurst College

A little early to be hitting the Mad Dog 20/20, Ravi.

Former Elmhurst College athlete arrested for Stanger Hall hate crime, two now-suspended players face misdemeanor charges | The Leader Newspaper - Elmhurst College[/QUOTE]

And you call others stupid, Rati?

ROFL

Sweet irony is ironic.

:rolleyes: Hate speech is not equal to hate crime.

WTF???? What he wrote, (spoke) was considered a hate crime. How dense can you be? Quaaludes and Mad Dog 20/20 should be avoided especially before noon on a week day.

That is NOT what those 6 people said in their dispositions. They said the WERE going in to vote OR to function as voting station monitors and felt too intimidated to enter.
I call bullshit. You probably pulled that load from Drudge or Hannity.
In fact, one of them appeared on TV and told the story of the tall guy standing in front of him and his family while slapping a night stick in his hand for about 20 seconds before moving aside.
And I take it Eric Holder has destroyed all copies of this film? LOL!

Bullshit called, no response.

I win.

First...I have a LIFE. I don't have time to set around and post to a forum all day on other peoples dime!

OR spend hours searching Fox archives for footage to show a contrarian!

Second, READ Guy's post 2 down from you premature victory dance on page 11! And THEN do a little research...IF you really care, which I suspect you do NOT want the truth!

Next, there is this little bit of genius!
Not when you're carving into someone else's private property. The 1st amendment doesn't protect speech during commission of a felony any more than the 2nd amendment protects the right to bear arms during the commission of a felony.
YES...IT DOES!!!

Commission of a crime does NOT suspend your constitutional protections. In fact, it TRIGGERS ADDITIONAL PROTECTIONS!

Unless that speech is germane to the felony (such as pointing a gun at someone and saying, "I'm going to kill you," which demonstrates aggravated intent) or the gun is USED in the commission of the felony...your 1st and 2nd amendment rights REMAIN PROTECTED!

Until you are convicted of a felony that would...according to the laws in a particular state...restrict your right to own guns...YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS ARE PROTECTED!

And your 1st amendment rights are protected no matter WHAT crime you commit!

You can run through a mall shooting WHITE folks while screaming I hate blacks...and you will NOT be convicted of a hate crime!

You can walk out of a prison after serving 20 years and scream I hate crackers, Mexicans or whatever and all it will get you is an ass beatin'...NOT a conviction!

Now I have to get back to work. The last time I looked at this thread there were 11 pages, now it's way over 20. I don't have time to wade through all this to find and address the opinions of every contrarian that takes a swipe.

But feel free to claim all the victories you want. Just know that I MAY be back at some point!

Last edited:

WTF???? What he wrote, (spoke) was considered a hate crime. How dense can you be? Quaaludes and Mad Dog 20/20 should be avoided especially before noon on a week day.

I give up. Most reasonable people realize hate speech and hate crime are two different things.

You are free to continue believing that he was convicted of hate speech. You are free to continue believing that his first amendment rights were violated.

It won't be the first time I've seen stupid people on the internet and it certainly won't be the last time.

I do think having him spend time in jail was wrong, since it doesn't appear he had any prior convictions. But what he did was wrong and even he admitted what he did was racist.

Forum List

Back