Now that Heroin is hitting the white community hard Parents urge softer approach

You make some decent points and I have always agreed with drug reform...especially legalizing weed.

However....there's a bit of a detail you leave out.

The crack epedimic led to mass violence. Murders and gang shootouts. Putting dealers and users behind bars tied directly to fewer shootings and murders.

So far...the heroine epedimic has NOT resulted in gang warfare in white suburbs.

In fairness...I'm NOT saying there isn't a discussion here. Even white rapper Eminem sang about how when Columbine hit whites were shocked....yet....never cared about mass black shootings (lyric "Now it's a tragedy, Now it's so sad to see", song is "I Am" I think)

But....gang warfare and the shocking death toll of it drove the drug crackdown. Not the joy of jailing addicts.
Thats what the Iran Contras were all about.

THE CIA-CONTRA-CRACK COCAINE or How they destroyed communities

For the better part of a decade, a San Francisco Bay Area drug ring sold tons of cocaine to the Crips and Bloods street gangs of Los Angeles and funneled millions in drug profits to a Latin American guerrilla army run by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, a Mercury News investigation has found.

This drug network opened the first pipeline between Colombia's cocaine cartels and the black neighborhoods of Los Angeles, a city now known as the "crack" capital of the world. The cocaine that flooded in helped spark a crack explosion in urban America . . . and provided the cash and connections needed for L.A.'s gangs to buy automatic weapons.

Request Rejected

You make some decent points and I have always agreed with drug reform...especially legalizing weed.

The crack epedimic led to mass violence. Murders and gang shootouts. Putting dealers and users behind bars tied directly to fewer shootings and murders.

So far...the heroine epedimic has NOT resulted in gang warfare in white suburbs.

In fairness...I'm NOT saying there isn't a discussion here. Even white rapper Eminem sang about how when Columbine hit whites were shocked....yet....never cared about mass black shootings (lyric "Now it's a tragedy, Now it's so sad to see", song is "I Am" I think)

But....gang warfare and the shocking death toll of it drove the drug crackdown. Not the joy of jailing addicts.
Thats what the Iran Contras were all about.

THE CIA-CONTRA-CRACK COCAINE or How they destroyed communities

For the better part of a decade, a San Francisco Bay Area drug ring sold tons of cocaine to the Crips and Bloods street gangs of Los Angeles and funneled millions in drug profits to a Latin American guerrilla army run by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, a Mercury News investigation has found.

This drug network opened the first pipeline between Colombia's cocaine cartels and the black neighborhoods of Los Angeles, a city now known as the "crack" capital of the world. The cocaine that flooded in helped spark a crack explosion in urban America . . . and provided the cash and connections needed for L.A.'s gangs to buy automatic weapons.

Request Rejected

More than 18 years have passed since Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Gary Webb stunned the world with his “Dark Alliance” newspaper series investigating the connections between the CIA, a crack cocaine explosion in the predominantly African-American neighborhoods of South Los Angeles, and the Nicaraguan Contra fighters

Key Figures In CIA-Crack Cocaine Scandal Begin To Come Forward

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/31/us/heroin-war-on-drugs-parents.html?src=me&_r=0

When the nation’s long-running war against drugs was defined by the crack epidemic and based in poor, predominantly black urban areas, the public response was defined by zero tolerance and stiff prison sentences. But today’s heroin crisis is different. While heroin use has climbed among all demographic groups, it has skyrocketed among whites; nearly 90 percent of those who tried heroin for the first time in the last decade were white.

Snip

And the growing army of families of those lost to heroin — many of them in the suburbs and small towns — are now using their influence, anger and grief to cushion the country’s approach to drugs, from altering the language around addiction to prodding government to treat it not as a crime, but as a disease.

Snip

And in one of the most striking shifts in this new era, some local police departments have stopped punishing many heroin users. In Gloucester, Mass., those who walk into the police station and ask for help, even if they are carrying drugs or needles, are no longer arrested. Instead, they are diverted to treatment, despite questions about the police departments’ unilateral authority to do so. It is an approach being replicated by three dozen other police departments around the country.

So now even the Republicans are telling their stories of how they failed as parents..oops..I mean how they understand the need for treatment now that their kids are effected. Weird huh? Let's take another snip to drive home that point..

Some black scholars said they welcomed the shift, while expressing frustration that earlier calls by African-Americans for a more empathetic approach were largely ignored.

“This new turn to a more compassionate view of those addicted to heroin is welcome,” said Kimberlé Williams Crenshaw, who specializes in racial issues at Columbia and U.C.L.A. law schools. “But,” she added, “one cannot help notice that had this compassion existed for African-Americans caught up in addiction and the behaviors it produces, the devastating impact of mass incarceration upon entire communities would never have happened.”

So here is another situation where when it affects whites all of a sudden locking them all up is harsh. Yanno, because they are good white people. I'll bet money that this new lenient policy will be applied to all.

Just kidding, they'll do the selective enforcement thing all over again.

Mod Edit to include link and emphasize the copyright material...

White people are worth saving. ...F'ing hypocrisy.

The black community had been talking about these punishing drug laws for decades now. But just like everything else, people don't have sympathy until it affects THEM personally.

NOW, even the Republicans are getting in on the act. NOW it's not the fault of bad parenting. NOW it's something else...that oh so familiar excuse whites use for only their problems. That excuse being Mental Health!!! Ah yes, the old switcheroo

No...republicans have always talked about the family and how destructive the democrats are when they put government in the place of two parent families...but the democrats need single teenage mothers to raise generations of democrat voters....and then their democrat journalists cover it up for them...

Are you a recording? Because this isn't about how many parents are in the home.

It is exactly about how many parents are in the home...and if you weren't a left wing borg drone you would understand that.

Now that Heroin is hitting the white community hard Parents urge softer approach

Whitey doesn't like to see their kids go to jail, that's for the darkies...
Nobody likes to see their kids in jail. It's not a racial thing.
Whitey likes to see the darkies in jail. that's why so many of them end up there while the whitey kids walk...
You're delusional and lack intelligence.

Everytime. You guys can't deal with facts so you resort to calling names.
Bullshit. Your anti-white racism is there for all to see.

Here it is, I don't think the link before worked with my phone:
http://nyti.ms/1KKw5zt

An Epidemic’s New Terrain

Heroin’s spread into the suburbs and small towns grew out of an earlier wave of addiction to prescription painkillers; together the two trends are ravaging the country.

Deaths from heroin rose to 8,260 in 2013, quadrupling since 2000 and aggravating what some were already calling the worst drug overdose epidemic in United States history.

Over all, drug overdoses now cause more deaths than car crashes, with opioids like OxyContin and other pain medications killing 44 people a day.

Hmmm...drugs kill more people than guns....and you want to decriminalize drugs.....and crimilize normal people owning guns.....you guys really are screwed up.

Heroin’s spread into the suburbs and small towns grew out of an earlier wave of addiction to prescription painkillers; together the two trends are ravaging the country.

Deaths from heroin rose to 8,260 in 2013, quadrupling since 2000 and aggravating what some were already calling the worst drug overdose epidemic in United States history.

Over all, drug overdoses now cause more deaths than car crashes, with opioids like OxyContin and other pain medications killing 44 people a day.

Hmmm...drugs kill more people than guns....and you want to decriminalize drugs.....and crimilize normal people owning guns.....you guys really are screwed up.

Lol. ^^^Dumbass thinks this is about guns

Whitey doesn't like to see their kids go to jail, that's for the darkies...
Whitey likes to see the darkies in jail. that's why so many of them end up there while the whitey kids walk...

More name calling.

No...you morons think it is about guns...we think it is about the destruction of the family because the government displaces the father out of the family.....it encourages single teenage mothers, generation after generation, and then the fatherless boy's, with no male role models teaching mature adult behavior create criminals and killers...

And then you guys blame guns...

More name calling.
What name?

The two drugs that kill the most people are already legal.

No...you morons think it is about guns...

No listen, it's not about parents or guns. This thread is about Heroin. It's right there in the title.

Tonight, 60Minutes did a wonder piece on these poor suffering rednecks and their heroin addictions. Booo hooo. What everyone has failed to realize is that while law enforcement was busy busting nigga's and latino's for their addictions, this once small segment that everybody but the child of God KNEW WAS DOING DRUGS......has grown out of control and now the media is showing concern. But here's the irony, tonight's victims of drug usage, all squeaky clean and white....made viewers like me tune out.....you got these middle class blonde blue eyed victims all wanting pity because mommy and daddy for what ever reasons, gave them too much of everything and not enough of an ass whoppin...so they went to the local drug dealer and found help....GIVE ME A FUCKIN BREAK.

AND I might add, the harder line with crack dealer was at the request of black leaders for HELP to protect their communities.

The two drugs that kill the most people are already legal.
The one that was once illegal caused white gang wars all the time.

AND I might add, the harder line with crack dealer was at the request of black leaders for HELP to protect their communities.
Bullshit. The war on drugs was started roughly 2 years before crack ever hit. Basically they knew what was coming.

Reagan declares 'War on Drugs,' October 14, 1982

Crack epidemic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The American crack epidemic was a surge of crack cocaine use in major cities across the United States between 1984 and the early 1990s"

Bullshit. The war on drugs was started before crack ever hit. Basically they knew what was coming.

The fact that the War on Drugs started before Crack does not challenge the point that the damage crack caused, directly and indirectly is what led to it being especially targeted, for the protection of the black community.

Bullshit. The war on drugs was started before crack ever hit. Basically they knew what was coming.

The fact that the War on Drugs started before Crack does not challenge the point that the damage crack caused, directly and indirectly is what led to it being especially targeted, for the protection of the black community.
Bullshit. It was done to allow cops unfettered access to the Black community to put away as many Blacks as possible. We know this because of the Iran Contras that flooded the market with crack during the same time period.

In CA, circa 1972, as it became apparent that good kids attending college began to be arrested for felony possession of MJ, the legislature passed 1000 PC, a law which diverted those arrested from having a criminal record.

The offenders were offered diversion, six months under the supervision of Probation, and upon completion of a drug awareness class and good conduct - not further arrests - the matter was dismissed.

Bullshit. It was done to allow cops unfettered access to the Black community to put away as many Blacks as possible. We know this because of the Iran Contras that flooded the market with crack during the same time period.

Nope. Black leaders were horrified at the carnage and demanded government action to stop what they, correctly IMO, described as "genocide upon their people".

HOwever as time passed and large numbers of black criminals were jailed and the crime and murder rates dropped as the most reckless gangs killed each other off, the narrative was changed.

Indeed, history was edited and a new and lucrative oppression was found, Disparate Sentencing!

Forum List

Back