Now they pissed him off~ Obama vows to veto Republican bill for increasing screening of refugees

I thought Republicans hated bloated government. Increasing the vetting requirements above and beyond what they currently are does nothing but take more time and money to get them approved.

Obama must be turning Republican, he's showing that he hates wasteful spending.

Defense and protection of the American people is a primary responsibility of the government. In fact, it's one of the specifically delegated powers. Don't confuse that responsibility with bloated government.

"Now they pissed him off~ Obama vows to veto Republican bill for increasing screening of refugees"

The measure is proposed in bad faith, intended to provoke a partisan response from the right, not 'keep us safe' – this thread is clearly evidence of that.

Obama vows to veto Republican bill increasing screening for refugees from Syria, Iraq

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is vowing to veto a bill from House Republicans that would increase screening for Syrian and Iraqi refugees before they enter the United States.

The White House says the legislation would introduce "unnecessary and impractical requirements" that would harm efforts to assist some of the world's most vulnerable people.

What is this a food fight in the congress... Cruz has pie in his face

We don't care because the American public is behind us. You are winning the battle, but losing the war, which is fine by us. It is like those other 900 seats you lost; the Presidency will be 901!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah! Politics!

I thought Republicans hated bloated government. Increasing the vetting requirements above and beyond what they currently are does nothing but take more time and money to get them approved.

Obama must be turning Republican, he's showing that he hates wasteful spending.

Defense and protection of the American people is a primary responsibility of the government. In fact, it's one of the specifically delegated powers. Don't confuse that responsibility with bloated government.

Considering that the current vetting process for refugees runs them through several different agencies, as well as has extensive interviews prior to approval, how is making it harder going to make us safer? It's not, it's only going to increase how much time and money it takes.

And..................how many attacks have been successful under Obama's watch on U.S. soil? Additionally, how many terror attacks have been successfully STOPPED prior to doing any damage? I'd say that as far as keeping America safe, he's done a decent job.

Better than Jr. did anyway.

They should cut funding anything Obama wants and put him in his place.

Trying to put Obama in his place is pretty much what the republicans have been trying to do since before even entered the white house.
Cut his funding and they will.

Yeah but the republicans made war on Obama before he entered the white house.. I myself am for not bringing the refugees here at all due to safety concerns. You republicans just oppose anything he does out of hatred, even though, in reality, he's quite conservative on most matters.

Trying to put Obama in his place is pretty much what the republicans have been trying to do since before even entered the white house.

Yeah but the republicans made war on Obama before he entered the white house.. I myself am for not bringing the refugees here at all due to safety concerns. You republicans just oppose anything he does out of hatred, even though, in reality, he's quite conservative on most matters.
He has been trying to do harm to us since he has been in office. He actually succeeded on that one.

He has been trying to do harm to us since he has been in office. He actually succeeded on that one.

Name 3 actual harms that Obama has done to this country, and back them up with actual links.

The GOP, Pro-Terrorism, lie here is that the House is voting on a Pause--an end to the screenings now on-going, not their implementation, which is already happening. Since the GOP will take options away from the victims, then clearly the GOP hopes they will turn to the Jihadists, like Speaker Ryan family is all for, likely including the children he seem to like to laugh with, in Wisconsin. Apparently Washington doesn't invite him to many parties.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Lands of Many Nations could enter and re-enter Mexico. . .even before there was one!)

Name 3 actual harms that Obama has done to this country, and back them up with actual links.
Obamacare
Supporting racial unrest
Immigrants he wants in here now
That was easy

Obamacare
Supporting racial unrest
That was easy

I noticed there were no links, but that's okay.

Did you know that most insurance companies have increased their value and hired more people because of the ACA? Additionally, there are more people who now have insurance and won't burden down the emergency care system.

Supporting racial unrest? Do you have an actual link for that, or is it just your opinion? I have yet to hear anywhere on the news where Obama supports racial unrest.

Immigrants he wants in here now? Ummmm...............you DO realize that more deportations have been done under this administration than ever were done under Jr's, right? And, if you're pissed about the DREAM act, I say get over it, because if someone is willing to serve in the military or go to college and contribute to the betterment of this country? I say let them stay, they came here as kids anyway, and this is the only country they've really known. And, other than the DREAMers, he's not really pushing to relax the immigration laws we have now.

Keep up with the fear mongering though, terror looks good on you.

Obamacare
Supporting racial unrest
That was easy

I noticed there were no links, but that's okay.

Did you know that most insurance companies have increased their value and hired more people because of the ACA? Additionally, there are more people who now have insurance and won't burden down the emergency care system.

Supporting racial unrest? Do you have an actual link for that, or is it just your opinion? I have yet to hear anywhere on the news where Obama supports racial unrest.

Immigrants he wants in here now? Ummmm...............you DO realize that more deportations have been done under this administration than ever were done under Jr's, right? And, if you're pissed about the DREAM act, I say get over it, because if someone is willing to serve in the military or go to college and contribute to the betterment of this country? I say let them stay, they came here as kids anyway, and this is the only country they've really known. And, other than the DREAMers, he's not really pushing to relax the immigration laws we have now.

Keep up with the fear mongering though, terror looks good on you.
People are forced now to buy health insurance, even though they can't afford the deductible. If they can't afford insurance at all. They can be put in jail.
Social unrest, Baltimore and now Missouri which Obama has spoken about his support.
I am talking about the Syrian immigrants most Americans are against.

Obama vows to veto Republican bill increasing screening for refugees from Syria, Iraq

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is vowing to veto a bill from House Republicans that would increase screening for Syrian and Iraqi refugees before they enter the United States.

The White House says the legislation would introduce "unnecessary and impractical requirements" that would harm efforts to assist some of the world's most vulnerable people.

What is this a food fight in the congress... Cruz has pie in his face
Let him go on record. Homeland Security has already arrested a number of "refugees" inside America and Hondurus just arrested 5 Syrians with fake passports getting on a plane for America.
America will be attacked, and we know what group will do it.

People are forced now to buy health insurance, even though they can't afford the deductible. If they can't afford insurance at all. They can be put in jail.
Social unrest, Baltimore and now Missouri which Obama has spoken about his support.
I am talking about the Syrian immigrants most Americans are against.
No one will be put in jail for not getting health insurance, where did you get that idea?

Forum List

Back