Now with the Colorado ruling saying that religion can override public accommodation laws

Indeed. So tell me. What parts of the Bible can we ignore?

All of the Bible can be ignored because none of it is an absolute dictate, but just recommendations for what is the best life choices to make, in order to get into heaven.
And none of the Bible says you are supposed to do anything to anyone else for what they choose to do.
In fact, the Bible says to be passive.
Which means you do not try to punish gay marriage by refusing their request for a web site.

Hang in there kid. It’ll get easier to follow a complex conversation when you’re older.
Hey dumbass, I agreed with you on that.
Stormy said I randomly said it or something. I was telling her it was about what me and you were talking about.
Neither one of you know how to follow conversations, apparently.

All of the Bible can be ignored because none of it is an absolute dictate, but just recommendations for what is the best life choices to make, in order to get into heaven.
And none of the Bible says you are supposed to do anything to anyone else for what they choose to do.
In fact, the Bible says to be passive.
Which means you do not try to punish gay marriage by refusing their request for a web site.

That's absolutely a bunch of nonsensical BS

The SCOTUS case we are talking about is

303 Creative LLC v. Elenis​

Do you know what LLC stands for?

The fact she created an LLC greatly diminished her ability to claim any religious rights.
But there actually are no religious rights involved at all since she was not being forced into participating in a gay sexual act.

The only actual point of an LLC is to make is so the personal assets of the owner can not be taken by a financial judgement against the company.
But then on conversely, the personal religious rights of the owner can not be used to influence the actions of the company either.

In a just world yes. But this case has nothing to do with freedom of religion. This is the freedom of an artist to decide what she will or will not create.

Wrong.
Food is consumed, so it is not art.
And yes, I do not think a cake is art either.

Art is something you can not be forced to create.
Food is something people are forced to create for pay, all the time.

So the Leftists will in your theory discriminate. But the woman who started it all isn’t?
we already know that leftists discriminate. That blind black mayor of NYC was happy and said so when Rush Limbaugh left town. Leftist owned businesses have said, we don't want your business if you are conservatives. and more. The right doesn't do this. They want business and they'll even take your's. Now i've already posted that those that consistently listen to CNN and MSNBC are low info and you know far less politically and current affairs wise than those who do not use those outlets. I don't know how to remedy your situation...i suspect you're on your own.

https://www.npr.org/2017/10/27/5603...or-aggressive-scrutiny-of-conservative-groups it ws more than scrutiny.

Last edited:
I also forgot to mention, that with this new Colorado law, perhaps, Christian schools, won't be sued successfully for not hiring LGBTQA+ teachers. They will be able to only hire Christians. It will spare the Christians the scourge of the "woke".

Corporations are legal persons and have every right that people do.

Wrong.
That is why "Citizens United" is so controversial.
It is the first time anyone ever claimed corporations had rights, and clearly is wrong.
Corporations could benefit or be in alignment with rights, but never be a source of any legal rights.

The reality is that while we claim to be trying to end dictatorships, slavery, infringement upon individual rights, etc., the reality is that corporations are the biggest threat individual rights face, and the threat is vastly growing all the time.

It is easy to prove corporations have no rights.
Corporations are created from scratch, while individual are born with inherent rights.
Whether you believe in God or DNA instincts, rights are inherent at birth.
Corporations are not created with anything by God or DNA.

Then it is safe to assume you disagree with the other SCOTUS ruling that said an employer must provide religious accommodations to those that ask for them?
well actually that’s a federal law…the court has said it’s constitutional

it’s been federal law for years it’s Title VII of the Equal Employment Opportunity law.

What the court recently said that allowing someone to go to the same church service, on a sunday, they had been going to for years wasn’t unreasonable

Consider this example.

An indie record label, sells rap.

They hire people from Craig's List, to work on Pro Tools. I know o e such outfit that has 24 full time employees doing nothing but ProTools.

So now, the boss says to his employee, "I want you to put an echo here, where the song says "OPP'.

And the employee says "no, I ain't gonna do that, it's against my religion".

What happens?

{...
"O.P.P." is a song by American hip hop group Naughty by Nature, released in August 1991 by Tommy Boy as the lead single from the group's self-titled second album, Naughty by Nature (1991). It was one of the first rap songs to become a pop hit when it reached No. 6 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and No. 35 on the UK Singles Chart. Its declaration, "Down wit' O.P.P", was a popular catchphrase in the US in the early 1990s. David Bellochio aka "Dave Drop a Load on Em" appears in the video and played and programmed all the keyboard and drum parts at his studio Marion Recording Studios in Fairview, NJ. Van Romaine overdubbed live drums there as well.
...}

First of all, it is not against their religion, but nice employers simply have someone else do it.

well actually that’s a federal law…the court has said it’s constitutional

it’s been federal law for years it’s Title VII of the Equal Employment Opportunity law.

What the court recently said that allowing someone to go to the same church service, on a sunday, they had been going to for years wasn’t unreasonable

{...

Religious Discrimination and Accommodation in the Workplace​

Under Title VII, the landmark federal civil rights law, employers may not discriminate based on an employee's sincerely held religious beliefs. Title VII prohibits employers from making job decisions, such as who to hire, promote, or fire, based on your religion.

But the law goes even further: It also requires employers to make reasonable accommodations for employees whose religious beliefs, observances, or practices conflict with workplace rules, policies, or requirements.

Employers must make such accommodations unless doing so would create undue hardship, defined as a more than minimal cost or burden on the employer.
...}

{...

Religious Discrimination and Accommodation in the Workplace​

Under Title VII, the landmark federal civil rights law, employers may not discriminate based on an employee's sincerely held religious beliefs. Title VII prohibits employers from making job decisions, such as who to hire, promote, or fire, based on your religion.

But the law goes even further: It also requires employers to make reasonable accommodations for employees whose religious beliefs, observances, or practices conflict with workplace rules, policies, or requirements.

Employers must make such accommodations unless doing so would create undue hardship, defined as a more than minimal cost or burden on the employer.
...}
yes i know the law, hence why i said it

Forum List

Back