Nurse arrested for following hospital policy

the cop was not there to arrest him ...he was there to try to protect a fellow blue ....the victim was in an accident the cop wanted to prove his pal was not drunk or using drugs....

And I assume nothing about the chase. The simple reality is they limit their liability if they find drugs in the blood. That's why they were hellbent on getting it.

This isn't mob justice either, asshole. Cops that don't follow the law should be replaced.

You're assuming the cops acted negligently in the car chase. You're assuming that man you call your dad is really your dad.

The only reason this cop, who was following instructions from his superior, might be fired is to appease you fools in the mob who emotionally an brainlessly react to a video of the woman being arrested and dragged out.
Wrong, the main reason this cop might (and probably) will be fired is he committed the sin of loosing his temper and overreacting in this situation. The nurse had a copy of the agreed upon hospital policy in her hand which the officer completely discounted/ignored, all the officer had to do was go into the room and put the patient under arrest....... problem solved.

But the cop KNEW they didn't have probable cause. That was why he didn't arrest him.

For a couple of years I managed IA; if a deputy in our agency acted in this manner he would be placed on paid leave immediately pending an investigation.

Given the video evidence, it seems pretty clear that such behavior brings discredit to the agency, and if not other evidence exists to mitigate the officer's behavior, our unit would recommend to the hiring authority termination.

And I assume nothing about the chase. The simple reality is they limit their liability if they find drugs in the blood. That's why they were hellbent on getting it.

This isn't mob justice either, asshole. Cops that don't follow the law should be replaced.

You're assuming the cops acted negligently in the car chase. You're assuming that man you call your dad is really your dad.

The only reason this cop, who was following instructions from his superior, might be fired is to appease you fools in the mob who emotionally an brainlessly react to a video of the woman being arrested and dragged out.
Wrong, the main reason this cop might (and probably) will be fired is he committed the sin of loosing his temper and overreacting in this situation. The nurse had a copy of the agreed upon hospital policy in her hand which the officer completely discounted/ignored, all the officer had to do was go into the room and put the patient under arrest....... problem solved.

But the cop KNEW they didn't have probable cause. That was why he didn't arrest him.
The monster cop was on a power trip. His kind should not be issued badges.

the cop was part of a trained blood draw unit and people arent getting why he got pissed...he was not there to arrest the victim he was there to try to protect a fellow blue

The nurse is the hero of the story. She refused to violate the law, even as she was being arrested. She protected the rights of an unconcious man.

Yeah, someone else pointed that out, I have yet to see the full video.

The cop knew that there were only 3 ways they legally get blood sample.
#1 - Warrant
#2 - Patient consent
#3 - Patient is under arrest.

Why didn't the cop arrest him??

#4 - Preserve evidence

#4 just wasn't part of the hospital policy that apparently was worked out in joint agreement with the police.

#1 - Warrant
#2 - Patient consent

#4 - Preserve evidence

#4 just wasn't part of the hospital policy that apparently was worked out in joint agreement with the police.
The evidence was preserved. That kind of evidence can be gotten from a dead person. The monster cop just was too lazy or didn't want to wait for a search warrant' That plus his ego and power trip caused him to ignore the constitutional rights of the guy in the coma or unconscious state.

One of the other things I didn't realize is the officer was ordered by his Lieutenant to arrest The nurse if she would not allow him to draw blood from the patient. I hope the Lieutenant is also in deep kimchi..........

Hey, we have lots of Darkies Behaving Badly topics on this forum. So let's have a Cops Behaving Badly topic and use it to say all cops are crazy. Why not?

A man was involved in a motor vehicle accident. He was taken to a hospital and was unconscious.

A police detective wanted a blood sample from the victim to see if he was intoxicated.

One of three conditions must be met to draw blood from a suspected DUI driver.

1) The cop must have a warrant.

2) The suspect must give his consent.

3) The suspect must be under arrest.

Any one of these three things would allow blood to be drawn.

None of these three conditions were met.

The cop ordered the head nurse on the unit to draw the unconscious man's blood. She rightly refused.

The cop insisted. The head nurse asked him several times if the suspect was under arrest. The cop answered in the negative.

She called her supervisor on the phone. The supervisor informed the cop he was make a big mistake.

At this point, the crazed cop totally loses it and roughs up the nurse and arrests her.

Bye bye, cop!

‘This is crazy,’ sobs Utah hospital nurse as cop roughs her up, arrests her for doing her job

Nothing will happen to him. Bank on it.

And they think the "war" is on them.

I disagree. The story has gone international. They can't sweep this one under the rug. He is so clearly in the wrong that it isn't funny.

The cop wanted a drug test from someone left in a coma after a collision. The evidence would disappear before a warrant can be obtained.

The nurse should have obeyed to cop. If the "search" was illegal, let a judge decide that later. You don't get to disobey police because of your policy. You don't get to disobey a cop because you think he's making a mistake.

He wasn't "Making a mistake". He was breaking the fucking law. And you think she should have just curled up and let the cop break the law however he chose? Bullshit. This is not a police state. This is not some gray area that allows wiggle room. This was a blatant disregard for the law.
Wrong! - This is a police state!

Not yet, but if you get your wet dream of disarming the public, it will be in short order.

#1 - Warrant
#2 - Patient consent

Cause the truck driver was a victim.

One of the other things I didn't realize is the officer was ordered by his Lieutenant to arrest The nurse if she would not allow him to draw blood from the patient. I hope the Lieutenant is also in deep kimchi..........

If that statement is true I agree. However, i don't believe it. i think that the asshole cop is trying to blame someone else for his misdeed.

The monster cop was on a power trip. His kind should not be issued badges.

Most LEO's serve a year on probation under the tutelage of a field training office (fto) after they have been fully vetted by a thorough background investigation.

After a few years on the job some become cynical and others become enamored with the power. Good supervisors keep aware of officer/deputy's and those whose behavior becomes problematic are disciplined. Progressive discipline begins with counseling memo's and increases when the behavior remains problematic.

The cop wanted a drug test from someone left in a coma after a collision. The evidence would disappear before a warrant can be obtained.

The nurse should have obeyed to cop. If the "search" was illegal, let a judge decide that later. You don't get to disobey police because of your policy. You don't get to disobey a cop because you think he's making a mistake.

He wasn't "Making a mistake". He was breaking the fucking law. And you think she should have just curled up and let the cop break the law however he chose? Bullshit. This is not a police state. This is not some gray area that allows wiggle room. This was a blatant disregard for the law.
Wrong! - This is a police state!

Not yet, but if you get your wet dream of disarming the public, it will be in short order.

I have never been for that.

#1 - Warrant
#2 - Patient consent

#4 - Preserve evidence

You cannot throw out someone's constitutional rights to preserve evidence.

And no drug will disappear from his system in an hour. Get the damned warrant.

That would change everything about this story. I have not seen that reported. Where does this information come from? Can you provide a link?

I've seen the vudeo. Just another step by hospitals and other Liberal organizations to impede the job of LEOs and harm the implementation of Justice in Society.

If it takes 2 hours to get the warrant, the driver's BAC is going to be decidedly different. Possibly turning a Felony into a misdemeanor.

There are just situations where there isnt the time for bureaucracy. This was one of them.

That would change everything about this story. I have not seen that reported. Where does this information come from? Can you provide a link?
His lieutenant ordered him to arrest Wubbels if she refused to let him draw a sample, according to the Tribune.

‘This is crazy,’ sobs Utah hospital nurse as cop roughs her up, arrests her for doing her job

Obviously I should have stated "supposedly" as to my knowledge it has yet been confirmed.
This bit of information still doesn't change the fact that the officer obviously lost his cool and over reacted.

Forum List

Back