NY AG says she may seize Trump's buildings if he can't pay his $354M civil fraud fine

tRump was not prosecuted because of his politics. He broke the law. The pending prosecutions are for other broken laws.

tRump did, however, send unbadged federal agents to abduct folks right off the street in various places because they were making him look bad, and James Comer has been conspiring with a russian agent to "get" Joe Biden.

So out here in reality it's your side who is doing those things.

How many other NY real estate developer have been sued for fraud by Letitia James for inflating their assets and paying their loans on time and in full? I'll wait

Businesses will flee NY in droves…

Based on the logic in this ruling, in reality lack of logic, every real estate developer would be treated the same, nobody would take the risk with commercial or residential development…

The Real Estate Developers mindset is to take huge risks for huge profits, the banks know it, Congress knows it, the business world knows it, but if your beliefs don’t align with their opponents beliefs, your opponents will take any means necessary to try and destroy them.

The only reason this case was started in the first place is to derail President Trump from running again, the whole world knows it, you know it…

What are the arguments to appeal it completely?

I understand appealing the amount as excessive, but what grounds are there on the charges brought?
There was no victim, and no damage, and this was politically driven prosecution because the Dems want to ruin Biden’s #1 threat.

How many other NY real estate developer have been sued for fraud by Letitia James for inflating their assets and paying their loans on time and in full? I'll wait
And the fact that the evil Dems violated Don Jr’s and Eric’s constitutional rights made their hate-driven, targeted campaign to bring down ONE specific individual even more egregious.

I wonder what the Statute of Limitations is on counter-suing. If it’s 7 years, he can sue the City of New York for malicious prosecution and violation of his 8th amendments rights - after he finishes his 2nd term.

Oh my! Can't move the buildings, can't hide them. Take away the visible fruits of his crime...sounds like justice, to me~

Four days after a judge ordered former President Donald Trump to pay $354 million in his civil fraud case, New York Attorney General Letitia James told ABC News that she is prepared to seize the former president's assets if he is unable to find the cash to cover the fine.
"If he does not have funds to pay off the judgment, then we will seek judgment enforcement mechanisms in court, and we will ask the judge to seize his assets," James said in an interview with ABC News' Aaron Katersky.
Trump was fined $354.8 million plus approximately $100 million in pre-judgment interest on Friday after Judge Arthur Engoron determined that he inflated his net worth in order get more favorable loan terms.
The former president has denied all wrongdoing and has said he will appeal.
Saying that she was "very confident" with the strength of her case on appeal, James reiterated that her office would not hesitate to seize Trump's assets -- mentioning Trump's 40 Wall Street skyscraper by name -- if the former president is unable to find the cash to cover the court-ordered disgorgement.

"We are prepared to make sure that the judgment is paid to New Yorkers, and yes, I look at 40 Wall Street each and every day," James said of the standard court process for collecting judgments in civil cases.
Reparations

No, we’re dealing with typical rightwing ignorance and lies, really.

Left and right are just empty catch phrases to me. Empty language like that only stimulates a steady flow of low-value dick waving. Do better, Jones.

What we have here is the consequence of a runaway legislature, and that hundred year old unconstitutional statute which was invoked in this particular instance for the sole purpose of going after someone's legitimately acquired wealth, after running on that very model to acquire poitical power, just because you don't like that someone is wealthy or that you don't like their politics or their personality is perfectly illustrative of that runaway legislature, and subsequently a runaway court.

Last edited:
using the justice dept to go after political opponents is a major tactic of Fascist ..

This has nothing to do with fascism. Are you crazy?
Trump has been a criminal his whole life.

During the town hall, Trump also addressed the death of Alexei Navalny, comparing the Russian opposition leader's death to his own legal woes and criminal indictments.

“It’s a horrible thing," he said. "But it’s happening in our country too. We are turning into a communist country in many ways. And if you look at it, I’m the leading candidate. I got indicted — I never heard of being indicted.”

Trump also suggested Navalny would have been better off had he done his political advocacy from outside the danger of Russia.

“He was a very brave guy because he went back, he could have stayed away, and frankly, probably would have been a lot better off staying away and talking from outside of the country as opposed to having to go back in because people thought that could happen and it did happen,” Trump said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Navalny, a fierce critic of Russian President Vladimir Putin, died suddenly Friday in prison, the country's prison service said. President Joe Biden blamed Putin for Navalny's death and said Tuesday that the U.S. would impose additional sanctions on Russia in response.

using the justice dept to go after political opponents is a major tactic of Fascist ..
That's your paranoid delusion, because you have to invent fantasies to convince yourself the orange god can do no wrong. Biden has no say in what Jack Smith does. Or Fani Willis. Or the grand juries that indicted the orange pile of shit on the evidence.

Forum List

Back