NY overturns law shielding police records.

Don't lie and break the law and they have no worries.
Criminals lie also

In fact, Criminals will be emboldened to lie about how they were arrested because even an accusation will be put on the record and made public.

Why wouldn't they?

Proliferation of video. Body cameras protect both sides which is why they are a good thing.

Still the accusation would go on their record. And do you really think prosecutors would add a perjury charge every time someone lies about how they were arrested?

I am all for making the record open, however there has to be severe penalties for anyone that misuses the record, including for lawyers, like disbarment.

I'm good with that. See that's my position. Everyone should be held accountable equally.

You lie and there should be real consequences no matter who you are. Without that the entire system becomes untrustworthy.

Again, the issue is you now see DA's in blue areas not prosecuting people for things like rioting, how can we trust them to prosecute people who abuse police records?

If they have done actual damage they will be prosecuted. No, if 700 people are arrested for blocking a street they likely wont.

That is doing damage to someone trying to get home from work.

Sorry, but they should be prosecuted, even if to just pay a fine.

Protesting and breaking the rules doing it should have consequences.

Criminals lie also

In fact, Criminals will be emboldened to lie about how they were arrested because even an accusation will be put on the record and made public.

Why wouldn't they?

Proliferation of video. Body cameras protect both sides which is why they are a good thing.

Still the accusation would go on their record. And do you really think prosecutors would add a perjury charge every time someone lies about how they were arrested?

I am all for making the record open, however there has to be severe penalties for anyone that misuses the record, including for lawyers, like disbarment.

I'm good with that. See that's my position. Everyone should be held accountable equally.

You lie and there should be real consequences no matter who you are. Without that the entire system becomes untrustworthy.

Again, the issue is you now see DA's in blue areas not prosecuting people for things like rioting, how can we trust them to prosecute people who abuse police records?

If they have done actual damage they will be prosecuted. No, if 700 people are arrested for blocking a street they likely wont.

Prosecutors really don't deal with fines which is all it would be.

Criminals lie also

Why wouldn't they?

That's for violations, like parking tickets. Being arrested means you have to go before judge at some point, even for a bench warrant, and that requires prosecutors.

Try learning about or justice/legal system before speaking about it.

Criminals lie also

Why wouldn't they?

That's for violations, like parking tickets. Being arrested means you have to go before judge at some point, even for a bench warrant, and that requires prosecutors.

No, it doesn't necessarily mean prosecutors. In Magastrate court the Magastrate handles it.

Criminals lie also

Why wouldn't they?

No, it doesn't necessarily mean prosecutors. In Magastrate court the Magastrate handles it.

Again, for things like parking tickets and littering. Someone arrested for protesting or violating police orders is going to be charged with something more serious.

Criminals lie also

Why wouldn't they?

If 700 looters are arrested in liberal cities they wont be prosecuted

On Tuesday, the senate overturned the provision 40-22, with all Republicans voting against the measure. Governor Cuomo has publicly said he will sign the bill once it crosses his desk. The bill is part of a package of various police reform bills the state senate has taken up this week.

What the heck is wrong with the republicans, except the police union gives money to them.
Sorry, but you're pushing another lie

On Tuesday, the senate overturned the provision 40-22, with all Republicans voting against the measure. Governor Cuomo has publicly said he will sign the bill once it crosses his desk. The bill is part of a package of various police reform bills the state senate has taken up this week.

What the heck is wrong with the republicans, except the police union gives money to them.
Sorry, but you're pushing another lie

its not a lie, but you trampers don't want to admit it.

What is a lie, that the republicans didn't vote for it?? or that the FOP lobbies congress and pays for AG's and DA on the republican side of things, and that they vote republican,

So what was the lie??

Forum List

Back