NY overturns law shielding police records.

That seems to be a good, sensible step toward more police accountability
Without the police America will become a third world cesspool of crime

1. We currently have the police, but crime is still rampant in various cities such as Chicago.

2. The people in those neighborhoods are the ones who appreciate the presence of the police.

a. Here in Los Angeles, some African American (older) ladies traditionally have thrown an annual dinner to thank the cops who protect them from bad young gentlemen. (I am guessing, however, that they will no longer be doing so because of pressure from BLM supporters.)

3. Let's tell it as it is:

a. The police are absolutely necessary.
b. The police need to be monitored for illegal behavior.
c. Some young gentlemen are bad actors, and they will NEVER change.
Great post. Gangs are loving the Antifa communist induced criminal protesters. They don't want the police in these neighborhoods so they can control them with drugs and violence.

Change is coming. No longer will bad cops be able to have their records hidden.

New York Senate Votes to Overturn 44-Year-Old Law Shielding Police Disciplinary Records
the old system was better

the presiding judge could review the file and decide if it had any application to the current case

now every ambulance chasing defense lawyer can can throw mud on every police officer who dares testify against his client

Let's see....how does this go.

Just follow the law and you have nothing to worry about.
You should have told floyd that before he tried to rob a pregnant woman at gunpoint

the streets are full of violent thugs

without the cops who is going to protect honest citizens?

New York Senate Votes to Overturn 44-Year-Old Law Shielding Police Disciplinary Records

the presiding judge could review the file and decide if it had any application to the current case

now every ambulance chasing defense lawyer can can throw mud on every police officer who dares testify against his client

You should have told floyd that before he tried to rob a pregnant woman at gunpoint

Floyd was a piece of shit.

You need to practice up on your deflection techniques.

On Tuesday, the senate overturned the provision 40-22, with all Republicans voting against the measure. Governor Cuomo has publicly said he will sign the bill once it crosses his desk. The bill is part of a package of various police reform bills the state senate has taken up this week.

What the heck is wrong with the republicans, except the police union gives money to them.
This is the side of Progs that does not bode well for them. You will turn on your own. The sin of pride is strong in your ilk. being truly somber and mellow does not exist in you. And when you try it is laughable. When you see Trump you mock him. If true for him, then you now know yourselves. All you had todo is keep the agendas under control with proper rules and laws. They have not been. For its Saul Alinsky to the end. When empowered you do not know how to keep it. And our nation is a lot less competitive for it. Floyd is not in heaven.
I would be extremely carefull when trying to state you know the lords mind. To know the lords mind is toclaim to be a proffit. You do know what the lord does with false proffits dont you?
Deuteronomy 18:20-22
I'm sure the Lord doesn't shine on these atheist communist protesters who, if they come to power, would ban religious practices.
The lords mind is the lords mind and do not proclaim to know it unless you are a proffit of the lord. His word is very specific on this matter. I preach this for your own good not mine. I am not a profit of the lord only a humble servant, but I do know his word. If you claim to be a cristian know the word and follow. False proffits are held in really bad regard according to his word. Only the lord and he who is worthy to open the first seal know whos name is written in the book of life. On this the bible is very very clear.

I am not deflecting

the streets are filled with animals that demand strong measures to deal with

I dont condone what happened to floyd

but destroying the police force as the left is trying to do is not the answer either

That seems to be a good, sensible step toward more police accountability
Without the police America will become a third world cesspool of crime

I always chuckle at the idea that unless we allow for a sometimes corrupt police force we can't have one.

Yes we can.

Its crazy libs who are demanding the police force be disbanded

Don't lie and break the law and they have no worries.

I am not deflecting

the streets are filled with animals that demand strong measures to deal with

I dont condone what happened to floyd

but destroying the police force as the left is trying to do is not the answer either

You need to adjust your hyperbole meter also.

George Floyd complies with police and he has nothing to worry about.

The police comply and they have nothing to worry about here.
do you think criminals dont lie?

you are giving crooks a get out of jail free card in a lib legal system thst is almost a revolving door now

George Floyd complies with police and he has nothing to worry about.

The police comply and they have nothing to worry about here.
do you think criminals dont lie?

you are giving crooks a get out of jail free card in a lib legal system thst is almost a revolving door now

Of course criminals lie. And I support their prosecution when they do.

Why should police officers get an exemption?

Criminals lie also

In fact, Criminals will be emboldened to lie about how they were arrested because even an accusation will be put on the record and made public.

Why wouldn't they?

Proliferation of video. Body cameras protect both sides which is why they are a good thing.

Still the accusation would go on their record. And do you really think prosecutors would add a perjury charge every time someone lies about how they were arrested?

I am all for making the record open, however there has to be severe penalties for anyone that misuses the record, including for lawyers, like disbarment.

Criminals lie also

In fact, Criminals will be emboldened to lie about how they were arrested because even an accusation will be put on the record and made public.

Why wouldn't they?

Proliferation of video. Body cameras protect both sides which is why they are a good thing.

Still the accusation would go on their record. And do you really think prosecutors would add a perjury charge every time someone lies about how they were arrested?

I am all for making the record open, however there has to be severe penalties for anyone that misuses the record, including for lawyers, like disbarment.

I'm good with that. See that's my position. Everyone should be held accountable equally.

You lie and there should be real consequences no matter who you are. Without that the entire system becomes untrustworthy.

Criminals lie also

Why wouldn't they?

I'm good with that. See that's my position. Everyone should be held accountable equally.

You lie and there should be real consequences no matter who you are. Without that the entire system becomes untrustworthy.

Again, the issue is you now see DA's in blue areas not prosecuting people for things like rioting, how can we trust them to prosecute people who abuse police records?

T
There will be no consequences for criminals who lie

Criminals lie also

Why wouldn't they?

Again, the issue is you now see DA's in blue areas not prosecuting people for things like rioting, how can we trust them to prosecute people who abuse police records?

If they have done actual damage they will be prosecuted. No, if 700 people are arrested for blocking a street they likely wont.

Forum List

Back