NY Post Cartoon: Racist?

Last edited:
I don't think the cartoon was racist. The gorilla in the room is the economy and this is a comment on the stimulus bill.

I don't think the cartoon was racist. The gorilla in the room is the economy and this is a comment on the stimulus bill.

Economies also have long histories of being compared with gorillas.

YOU SERIOUSLY AREN'T THIS STUPID ARE YOU?

While you're at it - explain how someone getting mauled by a 200 lb gorilla named travis is funny - AT ALL?

Congress? LOL!

you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you?

I had no idea that Congress had a history of being compared with primitive primates and shot dead in the streets of New York by the police. Maybe you can elaborate on that.

the cartoon was referring to an incident in CT where police were called and killed a chimp, chump. i realize that it's very important to you, for some reason, that i be a racist, but i have to disappoint you.

Pet Chimpanzee Shot After Mauling US Woman - Yahoo! News UK

you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you?

I had no idea that Congress had a history of being compared with primitive primates and shot dead in the streets of New York by the police. Maybe you can elaborate on that.

the cartoon was referring to an incident in CT where police were called and killed a chimp, chump. i realize that it's very important to you, for some reason, that i be a racist, but i have to disappoint you.

What does that have to do with the economy or Congress?

it's called a"metaphor". have somebody look it up for you.

What does cop shooting the gorilla have to do with the economy?

if you cant explain - please just say "Nothing"

it's a chimp. the chimp was killed to keep it from doing more harm in CT.
the cartoonist is alluding to that in killing the chimp which represents either congress or the stimulus bill. it wasn't a particularly good cartoon, but that doesn't make it racist.

if you choose to believe it's racist, i promise i won't cry myself to sleep. in fact, i stopped caring about three posts ago.

That's probably exactly what he had in mind.

Yep.

Murdoch said the cartoon was intended only to "mock a badly written piece of legislation."

The Associated Press: Murdoch sorry for NY Post cartoon seen as racist

Repeated for the benefit of the metaphor challenged. :cool:

I'm sorry you're so metaphor challenged, if you weren't, you'd realize that the 800 lb gorilla you're referring to is supposed to be IN A ROOM.

it's a chimp. the chimp was killed to keep it from doing more harm in CT.
the cartoonist is alluding to that in killing the chimp which represents either congress or the stimulus bill. it wasn't a particularly good cartoon, but that doesn't make it racist.

if you choose to believe it's racist, i promise i won't cry myself to sleep. in fact, i stopped caring about three posts ago.

I wasn't claiming it was racist because it wasn't funny, I was claiming it was racist because of the gorilla getting shot dead in the middle of the street.

I will say what dare anyone else will say "Trained Monkeys can do a better job then congress or the President"

I'm sorry you're so metaphor challenged, if you weren't, you'd realize that the 800 lb gorilla you're referring to is supposed to be IN A ROOM.

:rolleyes:

Metaphors require a little imagination.

I don't automatically think of a black men when I see gorillas, so I see it differently than you do. There's really nothing more to be said about it.

I don't automatically think of a black men when I see gorillas, so I see it differently than you do. There's really nothing more to be said about it.

I'm not claiming that anyone who didn't see the racist undertones at their first reaction were either morons or liars - only those who can't fathom at all how it could be perceived as racist. Heck maybe even the writer didn't realize it - but when its pointed out to you, for you to continue to act dumb means either a) you're dumb or b) you're a liar.

So which is it?

I'm not claiming that anyone who didn't see the racist undertones at their first reaction were either morons or liars - only those who can't fathom at all how it could be perceived as racist. Heck maybe even the writer didn't realize it - but when its pointed out to you, for you to continue to act dumb means either a) you're dumb or b) you're a liar.

So which is it?

c) You're dumb :eusa_angel:

So which is it?

ding! ding! ding!

So which is it?

Very good, thanks for admitting it. I'd first start working on your pronouns.

where was the outrage over this one from the left:

condoleezza_rice_pregnant_with_monkey_072406.jpg

Forum List

Back